pick No 6: Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we sure he's 185cm like is reported? I've seen earlier reports of 179cm...

74231_1489568161174_1293062035_31168015_3083234_n.jpg

Keep in mind Hardwick is 180cm.

The live telecast on Fox showed him at 182cm.....Interesting!

just had a look at the afl vid of this kid. At no 6 wanted to see something that said yep. IMO just saw stock standard mid.
Tom Lynch & Heppel were there, FJ is on notice now.
Although the big fella Derrickx IMO is a top get at that pick. ;)
Did you watch the extended highlights?

The other two players to record perfect scores in kicking at the state and national combines were Perth midfielder Reece Conca and Port Adelaide Magpies small forward Terry Milera.

Conca, who has been compared to Western Bulldogs star Ryan Griffen, also has a career-path outside footy mapped out. He is currently studying psychology and commerce at university.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=104426

Conca one of the few players to record perfect scores in the AFL kicking test along with Swallow, Bennell, Day and Lamb,

Good speed...TICK
Good Engine...TICK
Good Size...TICK (PS reports of 179 were probably true but he is 17/18 and growing aka he is 6ft now)
Elite skills...TICK
Elite decision making...TICK

Good pick up...TICK

Is Conca/Caddy the new Tambling/Franklin?

Dunno, but you can be sure that Tambling is still the same ol Tambling. Good luck with that one :thumbsu:

In fact, Tambling/Batchelor may well be the new Tambling/Franklin. Thanks for Jake, not to mention a future end of first rounder to boot :)

After watching the clips on the tiges site im sold. I just think hes the most polished of the midfielders. Just like how quick he is with his decisions. Seems very neat.

I have no idea about all these kids other than what Ive watched in highlights and read from others. All I know is welcome aboard young man and if you turn out half as good as the ex Perth/Richmond/West Coast champ I spent last Saturday with you'll be bloody brilliant! Welcome to Punt Rd Reece!

I have no idea about all these kids other than what Ive watched in highlights and read from others. All I know is welcome aboard young man and if you turn out half as good as the ex Perth/Richmond/West Coast champ I spent last Saturday with you'll be bloody brilliant! Welcome to Punt Rd Reece!

Did you go on a bender TT? :)

Great pick. Clearly anyone with with any football intelligence can see that Conca will be the next Goodard and Heppell the next Fiora. Superb drafting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not count our eggs before they've hatched.

I like the look of Conca, a great player but also apparently a great personality.

Gary March always said he wanted great people at the club, Conca looks to be a very good kid.

Let's hope he plays in our next premiership :)
Everything looks rosey when you look through your Richmond-one-eye. :D The kid is going to be a gun. Jump aboard the Conca line.

Next premiership? Look who's counting their chickens before they hatch.?:D

Honestly to anyone wondering why we rate him so highly, take a look at the extended highlights on the richmondfc website. Shows much more of him than the 2 min AFL highlights.

That's an amazing highlight reel.
Disposal is sublime, made the correct decision every time. Looks to have some speed too! Saw him burst away a few times. He put his head over the ball, went back with the flight and laid a good tackle. When under pressure he didn't panic, he fed the ball out to a teammate, and his hands below his knees are superb. From reports he is a very mature and intelligent kid.

He literally ticks every box.
Excellent pick up, hopefully we get to see him play 22 games next year.

Have to concur wih most of the posters here after watching the RFC highlights, What and absolute gun!!!!!!

Loved the way he was constantly directing other players when he had the ball, great sign of maturity and awareness. Very clean hands, great kick, good dash, looks a great package.

He reminded me a lot of Grimes from Melbourne from those highlights.

Remove this Banner Ad

pick No 6: Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

Back