List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely we'd look at Longer from Brisbane if T-Bell decides to leave to GWS? With Neeld sacked Gawn is a higher possibility of staying :(.

Of course, we should try to get Giles as part of the deal

Not sure GWS would want to add a ruckman (e.g. TBC) and lose their #1 ruckman? I'd be confident that they'd be looking at adding an established ruck to go along with Giles so they have some depth.

I know Longer seemed a strange pickup with Leuenberger having youth and quality on his side, but have there been any serious murmurs as to his availability? Five years is actually a fair age gap, probably well-timed as far as succession planning goes, and Brown's looming retirement will mean plenty of opportunity to shoehorn whatever talls are available into the forward line.

Cale Morton, Palmer, Myers?

We are not seriously putting Myers in the failed first round/top 10 category are we? Clearly would have been killing it for the last three years if it wasn't for his body as this year basically proves.

To try to turn this into something more sensible, surely the main thing is that the club gets the best possible opportunity to take the midfielder it wants, whether it is Myers at 6, Sellwood at 7, Heppell, Dangerfield or Sidebottom a bit later, a punt on Kav at 18 or Fyfe or Zaharakis in the 20s, so that the club can then develop the selected player into what it wants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are not seriously putting Myers in the failed first round/top 10 category are we? Clearly would have been killing it for the last three years if it wasn't for his body as this year basically proves.

To try to turn this into something more sensible, surely the main thing is that the club gets the best possible opportunity to take the midfielder it wants, whether it is Myers at 6, Sellwood at 7, Heppell, Dangerfield or Sidebottom a bit later, a punt on Kav at 18 or Fyfe or Zaharakis in the 20s, so that the club can then develop the selected player into what it wants.

If your body cant handle the rigours surely youd be considered a fail?

Gumbleton is a fail

Whose is the failure? The word itself suggests a level of blame. When you can't blame the player, recruiter or development at the club because a player has about the worst run of injury for any player who has lasted this long on a list it is a write off (talking about Gumber here but Myers is not far off). No one has failed, it's a write off.

What type of player do you think we need/lack in our team? and who would be a realistic get to fill that role?
My opinion is we need a fast wingman who can run, carry and dispose well, someone like an Andrew Gaff or Lewis Jetta. I don't know who would be a realistic get though.

My reason for wanting a fast wingman is because I think we break down in the Half forward line too much and don't hit up targets in our forward 50 enough, a quick winger would break the lines and give the oppositions defence less time to zone/man up

Ben the Gooner

simpsonsabe.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Player Ages Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back