Player X or Player Y (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope not, I wan't him to play round 1 :D
Heres hoping :thumbsu:

BR&G I'd go for someone else as none of those 3 are good cashcows or keepers.

My problem is choosing out of:

Selwood/Harvey/Duffield - 3 keepers
and
Swan/ROK/Malceski or Ladson + 40k/100k - 2 top of the range keepers and 1 cashcow/possible keeper

Heres hoping :thumbsu:

BR&G I'd go for someone else as none of those 3 are good cashcows or keepers.

My problem is choosing out of:

Selwood/Harvey/Duffield - 3 keepers
and
Swan/ROK/Malceski or Ladson + 40k/100k - 2 top of the range keepers and 1 cashcow/possible keeper

i think the first option, however i would swap harvey with someone else. maybe higgins or something? dont like harvey he is too old. swan will go down in value and probably isnt worth having from the start. duffield is a far better choice than malceski. you can lock and leave with the duff. im not sure about ROK. he is in my team atm but i dont know whether i should have him or pavlich? whilst pav might score less due to freo's forward line actually being alright this season...im also worried rok will cop a hard tag. i also have selwood as my 3rd mid behind bartel and boyd. is there anyone else i should be looking at?

so basically

pav v ROK?

+

selwood v 450k alternative (excluding boyd)

cheers

i think the first option, however i would swap harvey with someone else. maybe higgins or something? dont like harvey he is too old. swan will go down in value and probably isnt worth having from the start. duffield is a far better choice than malceski. you can lock and leave with the duff. im not sure about ROK. he is in my team atm but i dont know whether i should have him or pavlich? whilst pav might score less due to freo's forward line actually being alright this season...im also worried rok will cop a hard tag. i also have selwood as my 3rd mid behind bartel and boyd. is there anyone else i should be looking at?

so basically

pav v ROK?

+

cheers

dont go near pav and ROK ... IMO.
your better off either geting higgins or if u got the money steve johnson.. was playing injuried last year an averaged 99. its good to see not many people have him.
with your midfield, mitchell is a gun and stanton if you want a roughie.. watson will get the tag this year.

any help with this
gibbs and gia
or
mitchell and higgins

and who do u think will have more game time out of skipper and lobbe??

dont go near pav and ROK ... IMO.
your better off either geting higgins or if u got the money steve johnson.. was playing injuried last year an averaged 99. its good to see not many people have him.
with your midfield, mitchell is a gun and stanton if you want a roughie.. watson will get the tag this year.

any help with this
gibbs and gia
or
mitchell and higgins

and who do u think will have more game time out of skipper and lobbe??

Gia is better than Higgins imo. Don't go anywhere near Gibbs. With Judd suspended the first 3 rounds and Murphy slightly injured, Gibbs will cop the no.1 tag. Mitchell looked good right up to when Sewell got injured. With no Sewell and Taylor and also Burgoyne, Mitchell won't get fed the ball as much. He dos win his own ball but also gets lots of handball reccieves. I would go with either Selwood or boyd. If u want to be unique go with one of Stanton, Vince or Pendlebury.

That's a tricky one, can't really go wrong with either option. I'd lean slightly towards Gibbs and Gia simply because Gia is more durable then Higgins and I can see Higgins missing games at some point with soft-tissue injuries. That said, Mitchell and Higgins could really pay off because they both look like they can increase their averages by a decent amount (especially Higgins).

I'd also suggest that Skipper will get more games and game time then Lobbe due to Taylor's injury. Port are experimenting with a different ruck structure (Westhoff, Cloke) so Lobbe might not get a game.

2 out of Boyd, Selwood and Mitchell.

I had Boyd and Mitchell but am concerned that the Hawk injuries of late might damage Mitchell's scores. Also he has a tough draw where he plays Sydney and Port (teams that tend to put a hard tag on him) twice.

Edit: Sorry H2G, you got to it first

That's a tricky one, can't really go wrong with either option. I'd lean slightly towards Gibbs and Gia simply because Gia is more durable then Higgins and I can see Higgins missing games at some point with soft-tissue injuries. That said, Mitchell and Higgins could really pay off because they both look like they can increase their averages by a decent amount (especially Higgins).

I'd also suggest that Skipper will get more games and game time then Lobbe due to Taylor's injury. Port are experimenting with a different ruck structure (Westhoff, Cloke) so Lobbe might not get a game.

2 out of Boyd, Selwood and Mitchell.

I had Boyd and Mitchell but am concerned that the Hawk injuries of late might damage Mitchell's scores. Also he has a tough draw where he plays Sydney and Port (teams that tend to put a hard tag on him) twice.

Edit: Sorry H2G, you got to it first

No worries mate. Go with Boyd and Selwood. I stated why in the post above.:thumbsu:

Bench Mids

Shuey or Moles or Kayler-Thompson

(Assuming they are both promoted from the rookie list.

Cant see anything to answer, so here I go :)

EDIT: Bloke above me, I'd lock in Shuey - but that's just personal preference. Seems the safest bet :)

3 of O'Keefe, Brown, Pav, Higgins and Silvia.

And if I may push my luck:

2 of H Shaw, R Shaw, Fisher, Gilbert!

Thank you!

so basically

pav v ROK?

+

cheers
I have similar guns to you. I would go for ROK at this stage over Pav. I have both in my team but am not really sold on many forwards this year. And as for Selwood, I think he and Pendles will score similarly so you cant go wrong with him. Stanton would be the only roughie id consider possibly outscoring Selwood.

As for Higgins he seems quite injury prone and Harvey is doing well in his older age. Might try and squeeze Rok+Selwood+Duffield into my team.

EDIT: Bloke above me, I'd lock in Shuey - but that's just personal preference. Seems the safest bet :)

Thank you!

Thanks for your reply.

I would pick O'Keefe, Brown and Higgins. Pav is in for a lean year in the dockers forward line and will score low this year IMO and with Sylvia you just don't know what your gonna get.

In D I would go H Shaw and Fisher as a personal preferrence. The other two are good as well but H Shaw looks like he will be running through the midfield more this year and Fisher is as consistent as they come. Hope this helps.

Bench Mids

Shuey or Moles or Kayler-Thompson

(Assuming they are both promoted from the rookie list.

Shuey. His job security is much safer than Moles and KT.

Thank you!

I would go Brown and Higgins as the first two. Sylvia is to
risky and plays for Melbourne. ROK is going to cop the number one tag and didn't handle it well against Anthony Long on the weekend. Pavlich is moving back to the forward-line, but I am worried about his supply. Personally I would go Pav with ROK closely behind.

Heath Shaw and I reakon Gilbert. Gilbert looks to be the one that Saints are trying o free up while Fisher is playing more of a shut down role along with Dawson. Gilbert also might get more time in the midfield because he may be used a little as a tagger.

Swan + Armitage
or
Bartel + Cooney

I don't understand why people are so keen on Cooney. In his Brownlow year I think he averaged about 98. He is gonna get the number 1 tag and when I watch him, he does seem to struggle a bit. Many are worried about Armitage, but I am a fan. 70k cheaper than Cooney, won't get tagged and will get a lot more TOG then he did last year. I can't split Swan and Bartel but I rate Armitage over Cooney, so I would go with option 1 personally.

hmmm tough decision do I sacrifice a keeper for more cash and a better rookie.

mackie + banner + Masten

kennelly + trengrove + amitage/ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok what about

mackie + masten

or

kennelly + pendlebery
thats a tough one
i think it depends on the rest of your backs
kennelly should make you some decent cash and he is purely there to be upgraded after he has risen in price
so i would be inclined to go him and pendles
i think pendles can average between 105 - 110
wherease mackie and masten should both average around the 80 - 85 mark

so 80 + 85 = 165
both borderline keepers imo

pendles and kennelly
105 + 65 = 170

they average pretty much the same but i think masten wont be good enough to be a keeper and mackie will frustrate you

so both options have one keeper in mackie and pendles

pendles and kennelly seem the best option due to pendles being right up there with the best scoring mids and kennelly being used primarily as a handy upgrade

H2G - I'd go with Boyd and Buddy. For me Armitage may well turn into keeper but you start with 2 already in that option. That plus Chappy is so tightly strung he could explode at any second.

With option 2 you could always go from Chappy to O'Keefe and then Armitage to Ball?

I think that is a harder one, O'keefe and Ball vs. Boyd and Buddy. I'd probably go with ROK and Ball. (this is all dependent on who you already have)

Swan, Hille & Buddy

Or

Selwood, Mitch Clark & Ballantyne

Not sure which way to go with this one.

I would go with the second option easily. Mackie I am not sold on because he might play a more tight role now that Harley is gone. I prefer Boyd or Selwood over Pendlebury too.

Chapman + Armitage

or

Franklin + Boyd
franklin boyd
much safer imo
wont average as much but will score better due to durability
chapman is the devil when it comes to premium forwards
gauranteed to go down or will be rested before finals like last year which screws a lot of teams over
especially when you run out of trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back