Players that were overlooked in the National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Players in my top 50 not in the ND:

Manson, Frost, Nelsonm Waldhuter, Williams, Dobosz, Bolger, O'Hanlon

Players in the next 50

Mascoulis, Mihocek, Spurr, Valentine, Dalgleish, Bussey, Crisp, Clarke, Horsley, Charleston, Turnbridge, Sheahan, O'Dwyer, Eardley, Wilson, Murphy, Hector, Hender, Orval, Lee, Duffy

I had these players in my mock that were not taken.

Sam Frost, Dobosz, Bolger, Nelson, Sheahan, Duffy, Brown, Bussey, Mihocek, Hall, Boseley, Spurr, O'hanlon, Sundberg, Fasolo, Valentine, Crisp, Gordon, Blackwell, Hammond, Jacquier.

Players I rated that no one else seemed to (and ended up getting taken)

Brendon Ah'Chee(Had him at 46 and was taken at 45)

Patrick Weardon(I brought him up on the lions board)

what about gibson turner

The situation with the NT players was interesting this year. GWS had zone access to them, and despite talking a few up they didn't end up selecting them. Not sure if that impacted other teams pre-draft planning or something.

But Gibson Turner, Jordan Wilson, Louis Eggar, Damien Williams and Kelvin Williams should all get drafted to a rookie list. I'd take them all at Fremantle.

I was wondering when the GWS NT Zone players were going to be announced. That explains that thanks Chris. Are they all good enough to be picked up as rookies, all the ones you mentioned, do you think?

It's pretty uncomfortable when you are sitting around waiting for a family member's name to get called out and it doesn't happen.My cousin had been spoken to by nine clubs and he missed out.Pretty sure the Rookie draft will give these kids a lifeline.

Never a good feeling and i wouldnt like to be around many people other than my family if i was expecting to be drafted and didnt get a shot. Even than being around anyone would be a hard pill to swallow.

I remember when Deboer didnt get picked up and he had big paper articles on him, AA from memory and had also spoken to 8 AFL clubs but still missed out on the national draft.

I'm not surprised Freo overlooked Turnbridge. The overlooking of talents like Fev and Manson (for different reasons) shows clubs aren't prepared to spend picks on those who commitment is less than 100%.

It's a terrible look quitting before you've played a game - even if you're homesick.

I had these players in my mock that were not taken.

Sam Frost, Dobosz, Bolger, Nelson, Sheahan, Duffy, Brown, Bussey, Mihocek, Hall, Boseley, Spurr, O'hanlon, Sundberg, Fasolo, Valentine, Crisp, Gordon, Blackwell, Hammond, Jacquier.

Players I rated that no one else seemed to (and ended up getting taken)

Brendon Ah'Chee(Had him at 46 and was taken at 45)

Patrick Weardon(I brought him up on the lions board)

Patrick Weardon, can play make no mistake about that. He has a big engine, great height for a mid / forward and has good evasive skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Players that were overlooked in the National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back