Players who should get delisted or drafted

Remove this Banner Ad

Text_Walker said:
1.Rhyce Shaw
2.Andrew Williams
3.Matthew Lokan

Who do you think should get delisted or drafted?

Williams & Lokan would not really appeal, bar the bottom clubs looking to shore up a specific weakness. Kinnear must be on that list. We need a min of 3 and could include from a list of Nixon, Shackleton etc after 2 years.

Rhyce Shaw - why do people always want to trade him for being an "outside" and not "in & under" player. I'm a fan of his ability to play on very quick midfielders/flankers and negate their influence whilst still getting enough of the ball himself. A certainty to stay in my opinion as we don't have many genuine 'speedsters'

McKee is a 50/50 proposition.
Been very handy whilst Richards is out of the side.
May stay on list due to the fact that other than Fraser...the other 'possible' ruckman have very little experience.

Why on earth would you delist Shaw???? what are you on?

McKee, BK and Willo would be so far ahead of Shaw it is not funny. Shaw shouldn't even be mentioned.

MUST GO
1. Bennifer
2. Randy
SHOULD GO
3. Stunning
SORRY
4. Bowman
5. King or Shackleton

Rookie Delistings:
Benson, Fanning (maybe)

POSSIBLE TRADE BAIT
O'Bree, Lonie, Davis, McGough, Swan, R.Shaw.

We should try to clear 6 or so spots to make way for 5 recruits and the promotion of Maxwell.
We should keep Leonard and Crowe on rookie list and try and pick up Luke Jarrad on the rookie list.

Crow shouldn't stay on the rookie list he has shown enough this year in the VFL to deserve a senior spot.

The trade bait you mentioned is laughable at best, if we are going to go after certain players that the hirachy believes we need and offer those players then we will be the laughing stock of the town during trade period for the second year in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoggy said:
Shaw's last month has been sensational.
agreed

Text_Walker said:
Ben Kinnear should have a chance though.

a chance???

define the word chance????

most ridiculous statement ive seen in a while.

The guys had his chance, move over for someone else to have theirs

Inside50 said:
Must Go: Kinnear, Lokan, Mckee, Williams. Crow?

Trade Bait: Rocca(for class midfielder), Davis, O'Bree

I'll be the one to say WTF? Rocca? no need to begin to criticise that comment.
Text Walker, you are right, he should be given a chance. He was given another chance last year and proved good enough to make the grand final side. He hasnt been given a proper chance this season because of our will to play youngsters, which i dare not frown upon. He will be delisted this season rather than serve out his 2 year contract, its disappointing for me but he isnt getting a chance.
I'll support him in distric footy just as much as i do AFL. McKee needs to suffer the axe, same as Shackles.

Gone:BK,McKee and Shackles

Glad to see that Bk wasnt first on all your lists

brentoncowell said:
I'll support him in distric footy just as much as i do AFL. McKee needs to suffer the axe, same as Shackles.

Gone:BK,McKee and Shackles

Why would Shackleton go after one chance in which he went ok?

Whats so good about Anthony Rocca, yes he had a great grand final in 2002 and his a good kick. But his amazing ability to get lost in a game and his persistence to go with body contact in a mark even though he never takes the mark after contact. Hes very on and off and frustrating like Sav was naer the end of his Collingwood career. Also with Morrison, Davidson, Travis and Cameron Cloke all potential tall forwards why not release him for a gun before its to late. Im just saying he shouldnt be an untouchable and if the right deal comes along consider it. If Rocca doesnt get traded it will give more time for the other forwards to develop at Willy.

Inside50 said:
Whats so good about Anthony Rocca, yes he had a great grand final in 2002 and his a good kick. But his amazing ability to get lost in a game and his persistence to go with body contact in a mark even though he never takes the mark after contact. Hes very on and off and frustrating like Sav was naer the end of his Collingwood career. Also with Morrison, Davidson, Travis and Cameron Cloke all potential tall forwards why not release him for a gun before its to late. Im just saying he shouldnt be an untouchable and if the right deal comes along consider it. If Rocca doesnt get traded it will give more time for the other forwards to develop at Willy.

Anthony Rocca is probably our most important player that's why we cannot and will not trade him. Yes he took a while to generate some consistancy in his performances but most big men do peak around 24/25. Last year he broke his thumb and played with it injured for the rest of the season and obviously struggled to grab the ball properly, it is only now that he is having it reset and has the proper time off for it to heal, let's not forget his ankle injury also which he should never have come back from for the Swans game.

Anthony is the only player we have that is capable of breaking open a pack and taking strong contested marks. Yes, he may not take a grab on every occasion but you'll find that most times when he doesn't, he at least creates a contest and brings the ball to ground for our crumbers. Having Ant at CHF brings Taz and other small forwards into the game.

would not trade rocca at this stage but i must admit, my patience is starting to wear real thin. although he has had injuries this year which might account for a few of his deplorable games he went missing far too often to be considered an untouchable.
having said all that, any trade negotiations would have to include a very quick quality midfielder. obviously not in the judd class as that is just a pipe dream but it would have to be good. cant think of any player that is suitable as an example atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Players who should get delisted or drafted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back