please swans fans dont ever whinge about umpiring again armchair ride in prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: please swans fans dont ever f--en whinge about umpiring again armchair ride in pr

KingyOrTheKing said:
Its completely moronic to base umpiring performance solely on a 'frees for and against' stat.

We knowwwwwwwwwwww thattttt....einstein

It aint us doing the whinging yanno....it's just an insecure weagle with a guilt trip about Subiaco umpiring.

Here ya go people ....i hate to put a dampener on it but this might help to put things in perspective.

Lets say u lost by 2 pts...and the count was 34-18 against you (roughly double)....including 12-1 from one umpire in a burst through the second and third qtrs and lots of borderline free kicks in front of goals from kicks that arnt paid around the ground.

Compare that to sayyyyyy winning by 6 goals with a count 12-18 against you....and the goals kicked from free kicks being even.

We all understand the nature of free kicks...what they're for and how they influence the course of a game....but its probably a good idea to reserve the whinging for when it might have actually been a factor in the result.

A few insecure weagle fans are just hoping to lose the tag of umpire assited wins at Subi....they arnt important tho.:D

Wrong game to pick Svenny....might be best to wait till we win a game with maybe a 19-18 count OUR WAY...with obvious bias toward Sydney.

Bollox you're living up to your name mate. Sydney deserved to win that game but some of the decisions going the way of the home team were disgraceful. You don't have to support any particular club to recognize bad umpiring and last night had it in spades.

killerEagle said:
Bollox you're living up to your name mate. Sydney deserved to win that game but some of the decisions going the way of the home team were disgraceful. You don't have to support any particular club to recognize bad umpiring and last night had it in spades.

Another weaglette caught in the net.

18-12 to Freo....yeah thats disgraceful bias favoring Sydney :thumbsu:

Hey...imagine if Sydney won with say 34-18 FAVORING them at home.

That'd be truly something wouldnt it :D

You also desperate to lose the Subi tag ?

Some of the decision last night were completely incorrect.

<Rant>

For anyone to make a claim that the result would've been any different had the few blatantly wrong decisions not been made is, once again, being very disrespectful to a team that has won there way into a second consecutive GF.

Hate the Swans and there fans as much as you like but every time somone claims that the Swans are crap and don't deserve to be in the position they are in they are also diminishing the value of the other teams in the competition that haven't made it this far.

Additionally, any claim of a conspiracy by the AFL to hand Sydney an easy ride is equally disrespectful to the opposition sides. If the other clubs genuinely believed that there was such a ploy at hand then they would do something about it. It appears, however, that the other clubs acknowledge that the draw can never be perfect and shouldn't be complained about and that umpires are professional officiators with a great deal of integrity. They appear to acknowledge that umpires aren't perfect and won't always make the correct decisions. The only notable piece of "evidence" regarding consistently questionable umpiring appears to be the Subiaco benefit to WC. But even then, it's the media and forum posters that talk about that. Not the other clubs.

IMO, you either like the game or you don't. I wouldn't be able to enjoy watching football if I didn't have respect for the opposition and the officials. The notion of trying to degrade any side based on some unfounded claims by people with no knowledge of the facts is utterly disrespectful.

</Rant>

Re: please swans fans dont ever f--en whinge about umpiring again armchair ride in pr

Bollox said:
Lets say u lost by 2 pts...and the count was 34-18 against you (roughly double)....including 12-1 from one umpire in a burst through the second and third qtrs and lots of borderline free kicks in front of goals from kicks that arnt paid around the ground.

Compare that to sayyyyyy winning by 6 goals with a count 12-18 against you....and the goals kicked from free kicks being even.

Nice one Bollox :D :thumbsu:

DD

Bollox said:
18-12 to Freo....yeah thats disgraceful bias favoring Sydney :thumbsu:

Yeah. It could be bias to Sydney. Count the non-frees that didn't make the stat sheet, and it would favour Sydney.

BTW, it did have bearing on the game. The decisions came just when Freo were making a run at Sydney, and they helped Sydney to pull away. Came at the crucial time when the game was in the balance.

Having said that, I was barracking for Freo, but they weren't going to win. There were many time when I just shook my head at the poor work by some the players - gee Parker stands out as one. Pfft. Sydney were the much better side and Freo would have been blown out of the water first half (read game over) had it not been for dreadful Sydney kicking.

I just hope whoever plays Sydney in the GF flogs them.

Bollox said:
Thats all we need to see.

Thanx for explaining your irrelevant post.

What? You are incapable of arguing my points? I certainly don't want another premiership heading Sydney's way. Hope they get pantsed. Hate them.

Now. Would you now like to rebut my comment that the decisions were made in the most crucial part of the game?

KingyOrTheKing said:
What? You are incapable of arguing my points? I certainly don't want another premiership heading Sydney's way. Hope they get pantsed. Hate them.

Now. Would you now like to rebut my comment that the decisions were made in the most crucial part of the game?

I think his point was that you're incapable of objectivity on this subject as you're an anti-fan of the Swans.

Surely, if you were a football fan you would hope that the Grand Final of any year was won by the team that deserves to win on the day. Even if you don't like the team or its supporters.

KingyOrTheKing said:

Nope...we've already seen your irrelevant drivel....but most importantly we've also seen WHAT IT'S BASED ON.

Numbskulls like you always type with an agenda...u have your mind already made up..... which makes any further childish tripe from u a simple waste of our time.

Re: please swans fans dont ever f--en whinge about umpiring again armchair ride in prelim

Svenny said:
hall pushes parker out about 4 times no free...Pav does the same thing its a free....

Swans players lie on the ball no free....freo get pinged red hot 3 times .....

schammer gets taken high 25 meters out from goal no free......

pleasde no more swans whinging this makes up for the subi bias which is rubbish.....

McPharlin takes mark or push in the back no call goodes goals.......FFS swans fans dont ever ever ver whinge again......

Hall gets hit in the head, no free, holding the ball. Freo goals. ;)

Q... said:
I think his point was that you're incapable of objectivity on this subject as you're an anti-fan of the Swans.
Whichever team I like or dislike, I think I came up with a valid point about when some of the crucial decisions were made (end of 3rd quarter). I don't think you can dismiss valid ideas on the basis that I have a bias.

Q... said:
Surely, if you were a football fan you would hope that the Grand Final of any year was won by the team that deserves to win on the day. Even if you don't like the team or its supporters.
Yep. And I hope its not Sydney's day. ;) Hey, its just the way I feel.

I'm secretely hoping that WC get in and win it so they don't dominate as much during the H&A....Get thier premiership 'out of the way' so to speak.
-------------------------------------

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to congratulate Svenny on yet again a wonderful thread!:thumbsu:

I can just picture his red chubby face, snickering at his mum refusing to take his medication ......cause of those nasty umpires.... also with all those pins and needles poked into his body.....

.... undoubtably the greatest voodoo doll ever created..... I wonder if the Weagles can get through the game today without those nasty umpirers cheating and giving the Crows a free ticket to the GF.......

.... sorry Svenny just a few mopre giant pins... it won't hurt much!:thumbsu: :D

Q... said:
IMO, you either like the game or you don't. I wouldn't be able to enjoy watching football if I didn't have respect for the opposition and the officials.

Well said.

Aussie rules has more rules that are subject to interpretation than any other game. It's full of grey areas. In any marking contest there is contact to the back, and in any pack there is high contact and pushes in the back.

The umpires have to use their judgement and pay or not pay frees in line with the spirit of the game, otherwise you would have constant free kicks and no physical contests.

Umpiring is tough and I think they generally do a good job given the pressure they are put under.

8 ball said:
Well said.

Aussie rules has more rules that are subject to interpretation than any other game. It's full of grey areas. In any marking contest there is contact to the back, and in any pack there is high contact and pushes in the back.

The umpires have to use their judgement and pay or not pay frees in line with the spirit of the game, otherwise you would have constant free kicks and no physical contests.

Umpiring is tough and I think they generally do a good job given the pressure they are put under.

Hear, hear. Wonderful post.

Gee it's good to see the West Coast supporters bleed in preparation for next week. Let's hope that Sydney win after the siren after a dubious free to Bazza.:thumbsu:

That's if they get there. It seems a lot of E-Girls supporters are counting their chickens before they hatch. Go Crows.

if west coast make the grand final i hope sydney win despite losing the free kick count 40-14, with west coast scoring all their goals directly from frees.

Re: How come when swans players lie on the ball there is no free piad for holding it

foz_17 said:
If you knew anything about football (your a swans supporter so i doubt it) you would know that its not the free kick count that matters, it is weather the free kicks that are there to be paid are paid.

Exactly right. I hate the 'oh look at the tally' excuse; that's crap. It's what is and isn't paid that counts, not totals at the end of the game.

Re: How come when swans players lie on the ball there is no free piad for holding it

da_ilks said:
Exactly right. I hate the 'oh look at the tally' excuse; that's crap. It's what is and isn't paid that counts, not totals at the end of the game.

And almost every game, Swans supporters will tell you that we were robbed of a lot of free kicks that were paid to the opposition and not to us. That's what we complain about - we understand that our contested style is going to draw frees, but we don't understand why our forwards are hacked but don't get frees, or why our midfielders are pushed in the back/caught high and don't get frees.

And I wager every team will say the same every week for their own team. In the end the only objective measure is the final free kick count. And the count last night read: goals from frees = 3 each, which is really all Swans supporters ask.

KingyOrTheKing said:
Yeah. It could be bias to Sydney. Count the non-frees that didn't make the stat sheet, and it would favour Sydney.

BTW, it did have bearing on the game. The decisions came just when Freo were making a run at Sydney, and they helped Sydney to pull away. Came at the crucial time when the game was in the balance.

Having said that, I was barracking for Freo, but they weren't going to win. There were many time when I just shook my head at the poor work by some the players - gee Parker stands out as one. Pfft. Sydney were the much better side and Freo would have been blown out of the water first half (read game over) had it not been for dreadful Sydney kicking.

I just hope whoever plays Sydney in the GF flogs them.

I'm really surprised that people think that Sydney were advantaged by the umpires, after the match I thought that the Dockers were advantaged a lot more. So many frees paid to the Dockers then just weren't paid the other way. The holding the ball decision for Farmer to name just one. Holding decisions over and over and over again against the Swans as well.

I've not been a fan of the way the Swans play, but they certainly played some exciting footy last night. The ball went from one end to the other v. rapidly. Lots of one on one contests and many a swans player was prepared to directly take on the Docker's players in a foot race.

The Swans are certainly a professional outfit. They never really looked like loosing and although they looked shaky in the 3rd, you could always sense that the 4th quarter would be the Swans - they just finish so well! You have to play 4 quarters of footy to beat that team, the Dockers could only match them for about 2.5 quarters last night, and only then, because of the Swan's poor kicking.

campbell said:
I am sure evey other supporter on here will be cheering loud for who ever you play.You arrogant tosspot attitude is appalling.

A bit of humilty goes an awful long way.Instead of this crap Sydney folk dish up.

You don't just have to turn up next week you know.Its not handed to you on a silver platter.

Why are they lucky, it's twice in a row now. Why would we be cheering for thir opposition next week? We all don't have chips on our shoulders.

Remove this Banner Ad

please swans fans dont ever whinge about umpiring again armchair ride in prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back