POLL - Do you support KNEELING?

Do you support the kneeling?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

They are not kneeling to dismantle capitalism, your way of life IS NOT IN THREAT.

Their kneeling, and this has been ADDRESSED is for the BLM related message of STOPPING POLICE VIOLENCE.
'The AFL Players' Association is proud of the leadership shown by the league's indigenous players, and the playing group more broadly, in signaling their intention to support the Black Lives Matter movement during Round 2' - Paul Marsh, AFLPA CEO

Please mate.

Just drop any connection to BLM and there wouldn't be an issue.

No chance in hell that I would agree. But if my workplace had a significant number of Indigenous people &=they asked me to support them against the way society in general treats them, would I support Them. In a heartbeat.
You're missing the point, but you strangely recognised how you'd react in your first sentence. Re-read your post again to see how you've contradicted yourself.

I would support it if it was just a stand against racism. Unfortunately BLM are also advocating the collapse of the nation state into border-less societies and the abolishment of the nuclear family.

Have a look at some of the crap on their website:

Yeah just raise them in one great big commune comrades. Destruction of the family unit has been great for the black community so far
This is a Marxist's version of utopia.

I have an opinion on things like this and I'll sometimes post it but deep down i actually don't care, I'm a simple man. If it makes you feel good then what's the harm.
I find this position perfectly understandable. On the one hand, I don’t see how people can’t empathise with other people’s pain and want to make the world a better place, but at the same time, everyone’s got their own cross to bear and are just trying to live their best life.

I certainly respect it more than others actively trying to hold people down.

'The AFL Players' Association is proud of the leadership shown by the league's indigenous players, and the playing group more broadly, in signaling their intention to support the Black Lives Matter movement during Round 2' - Paul Marsh, AFLPA CEO

Please mate.

Just drop any connection to BLM and there wouldn't be an issue.

Their movement is to move society to a more equal and accessible footing for everyone and you're all like "NO WHITE LIVES MATTER TO YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR YOUR CHANCES!" and completely ignore that some people start at an advantage based on the colour of their skin.

You're missing the point, but you strangely recognised how you'd react in your first sentence. Re-read your post again to see how you've contradicted yourself.
i just re- read my post and yours. If my workplace asked to
me to take a knee would I. No. If my Indigenous colleagues did, and I agree with their request, yes. Not understanding where the contradiction is.

Their movement is to move society to a more equal and accessible footing for everyone and you're all like "NO WHITE LIVES MATTER TO YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR YOUR CHANCES!" and completely ignore that some people start at an advantage based on the colour of their skin.
We've been over this mate.

If you look into it BLM has some pretty radical views and I don't think that has any place in football, as would most people if they did the research themselves.

Goodnight.

We've been over this mate.

If you look into it BLM has some pretty radical views and I don't think that has any place in football, as would most people if they did the research themselves.

Goodnight.

Capitalism has some pretty radical ideals but you love it.

So whatever man.

i just re- read my post and yours. If my workplace asked to
me to take a knee would I. No. If my Indigenous colleagues did, and I agree with their request, yes. Not understanding where the contradiction is.
Think beyond a single issue. Ignore this issue, where you're obviously in agreeance with BLM. This is fine. But what if you were asked to virtual signal over an issue you morally disagree with. How would you feel? Many AFL players are forced to kneel or they lose their job or face a backlash from many of the woke communitarians.

No person should be forced by their workplace to politically posture for virtue signal points.

Think beyond a single issue. Ignore this issue, where you're obviously in agreeance with BLM. This is fine. But what if you were asked to virtual signal over an issue you morally disagree with. How would you feel? Many AFL players are forced to kneel or they lose their job or face a backlash from many of the woke communitarians.

No person should be forced by their workplace to politically posture for virtue signal points.

Heres an interesting one:

I worked at the mines in South Australia and I worked with a few indigenous guys and Im not sure if you've heard about it but they have this thing called a Walkabout. And the company came to an agreement with them to facilitate that. For them. Only them. And I was ok with that. I knew I couldnt request it because it wasnt part of my identity, my culture.

But...someone not me could very well take offense to that and demand the same so called privileges of that walkabout.

What would be some peoples stance in this thread on that?

Taking a stand against kneeling? Maybe they should have sit-in. Whatever they do they shouldn't take it lying down.

I take it you dont know the story behind the NFL player who knelt. And what he got for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That all sounds nice, but what's really happening here? You shall kneel or.....???
It goes much further than that though. People are being told what to say, whether they mean it or not. 'Let's all pretend' is not an answer to anything.

The only people being told what to say are those who keep saying things that dehumanise other people

The only people being told what to say are those who keep saying things that dehumanise other people

Then you don't understand, regardless of how good a person you want to be seen to be.
You're doing that weird thing of conflating the two situations, as if they're somehow bound.

Should people be forced to do, or say things just for show? Answer this question. It's not difficult

you should not automatically think I support BLM in all of its policies. I would take a knee to support my Indigenous teammates because I have seen personally how Indigenous people in Australia are treated Either deliberately or through ignorance. to Your second pt, as a former Army member I have refused to march on ANXAC Day. Does that answer your question.

Well the only way you will find out what support someone gives is when it is made public. You don't know what else they are doing, so your point is just nonsense.
What an odd thing to say.

When we're talking about things like whether racism is bad or whether crushing a guys neck with your knee is acceptable, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt mate. Including footballers. I'm happy for them to prove me wrong, not the other way around.

It's not about who shows support anyway. It's about not automatically attributing negative characteristics to those who don't, which is fast becoming the new norm.

Im actually really glad there are so many people who have gone through life and never faced a situation where they feel they've missed an opportunity for something like a job or something similar and then thought to themselves...Wow, I didnt get that because they thought I was X or Y or something. Not because you were not qualified or anything. Simply because the person presenting the option maybe didnt like how you looked or something.

Because that means they struggle looking at things like equal opportunity and think "Damn, Ive had that issue before, maybe we should look into that?"

This image is a reasonably good interpretation of what people are marching for in American right now.
View attachment 891337

Its number 3.
Nice picture.

Now, explain what the systemic barriers are and what causes the inequity? How should they be removed to achieve a society that the BLM movement will be satisfied with?

you should not automatically think I support BLM in all of its policies. I would take a knee to support my Indigenous teammates because I have seen personally how Indigenous people in Australia are treated Either deliberately or through ignorance. to Your second pt, as a former Army member I have refused to march on ANXAC Day. Does that answer your question.
You're welcome to express your views. My entire point was that there are many players who have no choice but to take a knee irrespective of their view. My point being is that politics should have no place in the game. Let the players and the fans enjoy the spectacle without having to take political sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

POLL - Do you support KNEELING?

Back