POLL - Do you support KNEELING?

Do you support the kneeling?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Im OK with this. Indigenous players should be able to not sing the national anthem if they dont wish. Without backlash.
I’d be interested in seeing a Venn diagram of people who ‘hate to see people being forced to kneel for fear of being pilloried’ and people who ‘hate to see the national anthem disrespected by anyone refusing to stand’.

I would support it if it was just a stand against racism. Unfortunately BLM are also advocating the collapse of the nation state into border-less societies and the abolishment of the nuclear family.

Have a look at some of the crap on their website:
We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

Yeah just raise them in one great big commune comrades. Destruction of the family unit has been great for the black community so far

The treatment of Adam Goodes makes me think absolutely.

And do you think we havnt learnt from that? At all?

Wouldnt that be even more of a reason to...take a knee?

I’d be interested in seeing a Venn diagram of people who ‘hate to see people being forced to kneel for fear of being pilloried’ and people who ‘hate to see the national anthem disrespected by anyone refusing to stand’.

Arugably more of an American situation since they are...rather fanatical about their anthem and flag and stuff while we are not so much.

The treatment of Adam Goodes makes me think absolutely.

Take a look here: - sorry, couldn't find it on youtube (EDIT, just found out that facebook vids show up ok on bigfooty). There would be lucky to be 3-4 players max on either side that are even bothering to move their lips.

I would support it if it was just a stand against racism. Unfortunately BLM are also advocating the collapse of the nation state into border-less societies and the abolishment of the nuclear family.

Have a look at some of the crap on their website:

Yeah just raise them in one great big commune comrades. Destruction of the family unit has been great for the black community so far

Wow, talk about interpreting things for your own narrative.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

Do you even understand what the nuclear family structure was based around?

A nuclear family, elementary family or conjugal family is a family group consisting of two parents and their children. It is in contrast to a single-parent family, the larger extended family, and a family with more than two parents

They are advocating for a community that supports itself more as a society, hence a village analogy.

What they are saying is stop slapping a label on what society still thinks is "Right".

The Nuclear Family is the brainchild of Capitalism because it encourages conformity and the "Grass is greener" mentality to encourage people to constant pursue more money for more success.

THEY DONT WANT TO COLLAPSE YOUR SOCIETY THEY WANT TO EVOLVE IT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The BLM should print up 100,000+ T-shirt’s and hand them out to to the crowd as they go into the AFL Grand Final , this year and have all wear them when the ball is bounced.

And See if the AFL or the MCG stops people at the gate from entering or wearing the T shirts , then you will know where the AFL and the MCG really stand on this issue.

8-F236-B21-9961-4207-80-AA-DB85662-F9-EA2.jpg

Go on HaroLad, tell us in your wisdom how they want to destroy the world and, in the words someone said above, make us villagers.
C'mon mate, let's be reasonable here.

It's fine for the AFL and the players to take an anti-racist stance, but all that stuff about dismantling capitalism and whatnot - I think we can all agree that has no place in football. Look at what it's doing to people in this thread. It's not bringing people together, politics has a tendency to divide, surprisingly.

Let's just agree to dennounce racial discrimination, forget the Black Lives Matter politics and enjoy the game.

And do you think we havnt learnt from that? At all?

Wouldnt that be even more of a reason to...take a knee?

Arugably more of an American situation since they are...rather fanatical about their anthem and flag and stuff while we are not so much.
Yes and no, Americans are more fanatical but I’ve seen a woman yell at two young people at a sporting event to ‘show some respect’ and stand for the national anthem. I’ve had a Scottish friend feel pressured to stand just because everyone else was. Hell, just try being the only person in a stadium not to to stand and watch the looks you get.

C'mon mate, let's be reasonable here.

It's fine for the AFL and the players to take an anti-racist stance, but all that stuff about dismantling capitalism and whatnot - I think we can all agree that has no place in football. Look at what it's doing to people in this thread. It's not bringing people together, politics has a tendency to divide, surprisingly.

Let's just agree to dennounce racial discrimination, forget the Black Lives Matter politics and enjoy the game.

They are not kneeling to dismantle capitalism, your way of life IS NOT IN THREAT.

Their kneeling, and this has been ADDRESSED is for the BLM related message of STOPPING POLICE VIOLENCE.

Who is forcing them?

Do you really think they have much of a choice? Imagine the backlash if a couple of players didn't. I've been called a racist in this thread for daring to suggest that the poll won't encourage a valid view of who really thinks what. No player is subjecting themselves to that.

No. I don't support racist police but I also don't support anti white lynch mobs.

Every little thing is starting to be interpreted as racist

In what world is any of this anti-white? No one is saying ONLY BLACK LIVES MATTER and no one is saying BLACK LIVES MATTER MORE. Dont play the victim card on this one.

That's exactly what those kneeling were trying to get across.

That all sounds nice, but what's really happening here? You shall kneel or.....???
It goes much further than that though. People are being told what to say, whether they mean it or not. 'Let's all pretend' is not an answer to anything.

Take a moment to think if your workplace asked you to publicly commit to an act. Even if you disagree with it, what do you do?
No chance in hell that I would agree. But if my workplace had a significant number of Indigenous people &=they asked me to support them against the way society in general treats them, would I support Them. In a heartbeat.

Remove this Banner Ad

POLL - Do you support KNEELING?

Back