POLL: Where do you sit with the current EGM/board spill push?

Where do you sit with the current EGM/board spill push?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As a voting member, I would continue to back the existing board, unless a dream team ticket convinced me otherwise (doubtful they would).
I voted for Ranold McDonald back in 82 (?), didn’t end well. The club was in a financial mess by the time the New Magpies ended their tenure.
The Club is financially strong, we are altering the shape of our board, Football department changes happening, there will be some form of coaching changes, player list is being rebuilt with youth.
Oh...& we are getting another Daicos.
I’m sticking fat.

Not really my point 76

It's about focus and drive all these things are or have recently been endeavors that dilute focus.

Focus by whom?

By the senior coach? By the players? By the members? They’re completely separate operations and the Nathan Buckley would be directing as much lack of focus towards netball as Jane Woodlands Thompson would be towards our AFL.

What an incredibly underwhelming letter from our President/Board. Of course they’re going to say that coups are bad for Club unity and morale. What else would they say? It’s the only card they’ve got left to play as they desperately cling to power.

Especially damning was the comment about our Premiership window slamming shut at the end of last year, without even a hint of explanation of what caused that to happen or acceptance of any genuine responsibility for any of it.

Also notable was the absence of any outline of any sort of a plan to rapidly turn things around. It really looks like they’re all at sea and haven’t a clue about how to drag us out of the mess we are in.

Graeme Wright has got a massive job on his hands. He seems the only Collingwood administrator with even the slightest idea about what needs to be done. It’s like trying to turn around the Titanic.

This whole sorry mess is so disheartening for supporters to have to endure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Focus by whom?

By the senior coach? By the players? By the members? They’re completely separate operations and the Nathan Buckley would be directing as much lack of focus towards netball as Jane Woodlands Thompson would be towards our AFL.
By the club as a whole.
Never mind '76 we are simply not going to agree on this so lets move on.

As a voting member, I would continue to back the existing board, unless a dream team ticket convinced me otherwise (doubtful they would).
I voted for Ranold McDonald back in 82 (?), didn’t end well. The club was in a financial mess by the time the New Magpies ended their tenure.
The Club is financially strong, we are altering the shape of our board, Football department changes happening, there will be some form of coaching changes, player list is being rebuilt with youth.
I’m sticking fat.

I’ve been to a bunch of AGMs, and found the folks to be generally level headed, and the type who would be more inclined to prefer an accountant at the head of the club than the leader of the cheersquad. I get that the EGM will probably be more of a wild affair, but still, it would not surprise me at all if the view you’ve expressed here is the prevailing view at an EGM.

IMO it would take a very strong ticket to dislodge the current board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sticking fat.
That will happen if the board was constituted by donkeys and seagulls.

I’m not a PR person, but jeeezzzz ...

(1) Why hasn’t the club emailed this to members (I haven’t received it?) or at a pinch posted on the club website? Members should receive this stuff directly, not via a Herald Sun subscription.

Maybe the reason he did it this way, is that it is kinda considered party policy correspondence ... at the much the same way as Scott Morrison can’t use the resources of the Australian government to spruik the Liberal Party. Maybe there’s something in the corporations law about that? Maybe the board aren’t allowed to communicate with the members, it all has to come from the club executive?

Especially damning was the comment about our Premiership window slamming shut at the end of last year

Did this come from the club? If so it's conflicting coz as you know Korda stated this year we're aiming for finals this year which is conflicting with what Bucks said alluded to - after Korda's comment - I read from what Buckley said is some sort of vague we aren't in contention. Like it's some sort of excuse, and the club threw Nathan under the bus to vaguely tell us publicly that we're sh*t and that's why we're sh*t. Fed him to the public.

Korda still hasn't retracted his 'finals' statement.

Yeah nice work club! Just come out and be transparent. Stop pissin in our pockets and tell us it's rainin.

Why is that even necessary though? People say stupid shit all the time, if they had to come out and “retract” their comments every time it became abundantly clear they were wrong, everyone would simply stop listening.

Why is that even necessary though? People say stupid sh*t all the time, if they had to come out and “retract” their comments every time it became abundantly clear they were wrong, everyone would simply stop listening.

Maybe he shouldn't said it in the first place when it was evident that finals was highly unlikely.

Point is that honesty and transparency are truly lacking.

I think the stigma is associated with EGM’s rather than AGM’s for good reason and if you need to call an emergency vote in order to oust a current board something very bad is happening. The problem Collingwood has is we also don’t have AGM’s involving a vote which allow for the members to be involved and that’s bred a clear disconnect. This was all fine when the members broadly trusted Ed to do the right thing, but that trust is now gone in this board

For instance if we were a club for the people the newest board member would be handpicked as a candidate and need to be voted in at the AGM where anyone can challenge. What the current boards intent will be is to ratify their decision at the AGM.

Isn't that exactly what can happen now? Is the lack of a challenger on the board the fault of the board?

Last edited:
Did this come from the club? If so it's conflicting coz as you know Korda stated this year we're aiming for finals this year which is conflicting with what Bucks said alluded to - after Korda's comment - I read from what Buckley said is some sort of vague we aren't in contention. Like it's some sort of excuse, and the club threw Nathan under the bus to vaguely tell us publicly that we're sh*t and that's why we're sh*t. Fed him to the public.

Yeah nice work club! Just come out and be transparent. Stop pissin in our pockets and tell us it's rainin.
All 18 clubs believe they can make the finals until it’s mathematically out of reach.
However, once the tin foil hats are removed...& a calm rational approach takes over...clubs can be honest within the 4 walls & acknowledge where the club is really at on the Premiership Clock.
That self assessment is rarely broadcast to the outside world.
Although the media usually express their opinions on such...”the club obviously knows where they’re at, the window has closed”.
Korda would rather say nothing...but he’s in campaign mode I guess.

Maybe he shouldn't said it in the first place when it was evident that finals was highly unlikely.

Point is that honesty and transparency are truly lacking.

What a joke. So now your questioning that he honestly thought finals was a realistic expectation when he said it? Complain when people don't make statements, complain when they do.

Last edited:
Bring on the EGM then. Absolutely lunacy to reappoint Buckley.

And what if Browne also supports the recommendation of Wright and Anderson to reappoint?

And Eddie is right in that you can’t have members voting in each board candidate. You could end up with the same people with the same set of skills which will be disastrous. It would be better if Browne came in with a complete alternative (save maybe 1 or 2 spots)

Don't know why you'd want Browne to have anything but a full card. He needs to compile a complete alternative board if he's pushing for president. If he's not and he just wants a spot on the board he can nominate at the AGM.

Remove this Banner Ad

POLL: Where do you sit with the current EGM/board spill push?

Back