POLL: Where do you sit with the current EGM/board spill push?

Where do you sit with the current EGM/board spill push?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good evening to you all.
This isn’t about Buckley, Korda or O’Donnell.
This is about democracy at the club; allowing all of you who are members to have your say at an EGM.
That opportunity will have people come forward for Board roles, perhaps as independents or as a ticket. We hear their platforms and then can choose to support the facts or not.

you can sign the partition here if you choose: www.magpievoice.com

BTW - in the interests of transparency, I’m not an organiser of the petition, but I did sign on Sunday.

Floreat Pica!

What a crock of shit. Members have the opportunity to have their say at every AGM. Sit idly on their hands and suddenly grow the balls to do something now Ed's gone. This is purely about ego's and people wanting their 5 minutes of fame. If it was any more they'd already have a an alternate ticket.

The appointment of random individuals is a disaster waiting to happen, unless off course your aim is to install a dysfunctional and inept board.

Mark Anderson having the gall to say that the members had a chance to voice their opinions at the last AGM when it was clearly just an(other) exercise in spin / BS and not really addressing concerns has done it for me - spill the board as soon as it is reasonable to do so in an EGM and screw what the long term incumbents think as they clearly have their own positions at heart, not the best interests of the club.

This is even before you account for the fact that, as a group, they have been manifestly incompetent when it comes to exercising good governance and oversight in a wide variety of ways during their tenure at the club, which is more than sufficient reason to call for a spill of the board of directors at any organisation.

Just need to make sure it's done at the right time so that an alternative ticket or independents have the opportunity to get organised and put their case forward for election to the board so that the members of the club can actually have a say in the future of the club for the first time in a long time. If it ends up being an empty gesture with no alternative ticket(s) to consider then the incumbent board will claim that as a win and mandate to continue with their glaring ineptitude in governing our club.

Why?

One could argue that they were the catalyst for change the current Richmond board needed to become the club they did.

They may not of been successful in becoming the new board but it put the wind up the incumbent board to change the way they viewed it and the roles.

Atm Its almost the personal play thing of wealthy Eddie McGuire colleagues and businessmen.

Actually, they were the catalyst for staying the course. Nothing changed did it? Brendon Gale is on the record saying as much.

Call me crazy, but I dont want the clubs board decided by a bunch of Cheer Squad members...

An EGM during the season is overkill.

This season is all but lost, however the clubs as a whole is in relatively good shape.

Sound financially, solid prospects coming through the ranks, a likely number 1 draft pick next season, a salary cap that is likely to allow us to chase FAs in the next year if not two, strong sponsors, the list goes on.

Lesser clubs would kill to be in our situation, and yet we're tearing down our own!

OK the current board for starters have appointed someone who cannot vote, that's not having your sh*t together for starters. The governance over the last 10 years has caused all of the on field problems and may well have cost us a flag or two.

IF the current board has a plan and direction - THEN BE TRANSPARENT AND FARGIN TELL US!!

Heard nothin but vague from Korda.

Apologies if the term is not the correct one, but I think you can read the room here.

Exactly how many votes on issues will the board have between now and her ratification that will require her vote?

All 18 clubs believe they can make the finals until it’s mathematically out of reach.
However, once the tin foil hats are removed...& a calm rational approach takes over...clubs can be honest within the 4 walls & acknowledge where the club is really at on the Premiership Clock.
That self assessment is rarely broadcast to the outside world.
Although the media usually express their opinions on such...”the club obviously knows where they’re at, the window has closed”.
Korda would rather say nothing...but he’s in campaign mode I guess.

I don't disagree this is a reality, but clubs, especially ours need to learn that it's insulting to continue to piss in our pockets and there is nothing wrong with being honest instead of trying vaguely admit failings so it doesn't look like an admission.

What a joke. So now your questioning that he honestly thought finals was a realistic expectation when he said it? Complain when people don't make statements, complain when they do.

He did say we expect to make finals, when it was highly likely according to the majority that we weren't at the time. He didn't need to make that statement, what he needs to do is tell the fan base what his plans for the club are.

I don't see how any of it is a joke, if you want to take it lightly than that's your choice.

You can say what you please about the modern professionalism but without the focus on the membership and the business of winning football games it's just another corporation.

Yes a football club is a business but not like others - it's not driven by profit (or shouldn't be) it's driven by being competitive in the competition.

I've watched over the last 20 years the creeping cancer that is diversification leech more and more money and resources away from our core business. Too much emphasis on trying to be everything to everyone.

We are not a political party trying to dupe the most votes, we are a football club and our business needs to refocus.

Diversification will drive long term viability. There's a reason every team is now clambering for an AFLW license. And it's a myth that this diversification leech's money away from "our core business".

Exactly how many votes on issues will the board have between now and her ratification that will require her vote?

Even though that's not the point, as you well know it isn't, she won't be able to vote on Nathan's extension or non extension. One would think the board voting on the future of the coach is important.

But hey it's all a joke to you, nothing to see here, everyone move along.

I know David. They do have a plan. You’ll go to the EGM to hear who is the alternative to being on the new board.

I know David too and he is a top guy, his motives spring 100% from his love of the club.

But if he has a plan for the EGM we should know about it now IMV. What if you sign the petition for the EGM, rock up and then the plan presented is not one that you are in favour of.....shouldn't you have been aware of that before you signed?

If he reveals that plan that you says he has, he may get more people to sign up.

Otherwise to me, its like jumping head first into a pool and not knowing if it is 12 inches deep and you break your neck or if it is 10 metres deep. It shouldn't be a leap of faith as much as you can prevent it.

I know David too and he is a top guy, his motives spring 100% from his love of the club.

But if he has a plan for the EGM we should know about it now IMV. What if you sign the petition for the EGM, rock up and then the plan presented is not one that you are in favour of.....shouldn't you have been aware of that before you signed?

If he reveals that plan that you says he has, he may get more people to sign up.

Otherwise to me, its like jumping head first into a pool and not knowing if it is 12 inches deep and you break your neck or if it is 10 metres deep. It shouldn't be a leap of faith as much as you can prevent it.
If the plan isn’t what you want don’t vote for it.

He did say we expect to make finals, when it was highly likely according to the majority that we weren't at the time. He didn't need to make that statement, what he needs to do is tell the fan base what his plans for the club are.

I don't see how any of it is a joke, if you want to take it lightly than that's your choice.

In mid April when he said it finals were still very much a possibility and I'd be disappointed if at that time when we were 1-4 he was hoping for anything less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why can’t THATSGOLD and Linda_Lovelace tell us who is going to be on the rival ticket?

Clearly they have inside knowledge.

I asked David on Sunday but he wouldn’t tell me either.

Why so secret?

Even though that's not the point, as you well know it isn't, she won't be able to vote on Nathan's extension or non extension. One would think the board voting on the future of the coach is important.

But hey it's all a joke to you, nothing to see here, everyone move along.

Korda has already said the board will endorse the recommendation of Wright and Anderson so how is her vote on it even a discussion point. Keep the faux rage going though.

If I don’t know the plan I won’t sign the EGM petition.
David was in the Legends bar after half time. He wasn’t revealing the plan either.

Maybe there isn’t one?

Why can’t THATSGOLD and Linda_Lovelace tell us who is going to be on the rival ticket?

Clearly they have inside knowledge.

I asked David on Sunday but he wouldn’t tell me either.

Why so secret?
It’s a little known supporter, a Russian emigre, goes by the name Vladimir McGuirevich.

71BAD154-8A05-49EC-8D48-7AEA5DBC4647.png

I want to see Korda removed as president, and Murphy to replace him.

I want to see the rest of the board retained.

I don't want Browne nor the mess of a full board spill anywhere near our footy club.

I don't agree we haven't seen change or that we won't see more of it.

Ed, Walsh, Guy all gone. There'll be more next with the coaches.

While I'm no Korda fan, there seems to be this false narrative that if he stays so does Bucks. The club has been pretty consistent in it's communication that Wright will lead the decision making on that.

Personally I want Bucks out, and as a minimum significant changes with our assistants, but if the decision is made by Wright I'll accept it.

What's the best mechanism to see this all happen? An EGM or the AGM? If the best mechanism is an EGM I'll go with it.

The members need a bigger voice in this decision however it's made.

I thought that's who we had
Let's bring it all on.
Might find out who ****ed up the salaries
Who keeps reappointing the back up coaches .....?
Why we can't have a crack at bringing different characters.....those that might make it.

A very interesting #footyclassified tonight. Hubs almost certain in Sydney, Brisbane and even Darwin. Hubs the run 3-4 weeks according to Ed.
Caro's back and ridiculed Mark Korda's open letter. She said it it was embarrassing. Browne ticket is now finalised.
Ed says it looks like a 5 day lockdown to be announced tomorrow morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

POLL: Where do you sit with the current EGM/board spill push?

Back