Review Port Adelaide vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont know if I imagined it but after the 3/4 siren, one of the commentators gave Port a wrap for being up and then one of them audibly clapped. Will have to rewatch to make sure.

In addition, what about Tony Shaw saying that after Port had kicked a goal to go up by all of ELEVEN points with about 5 mins to go that the game could be over at 3/4 time. Jesus.

If there was any doubt before I think today confirmed that Matthew Campbell is the worst sports commentator in Australia by a fair margin.

Hmmm, Tony Shaw drove me nuts today. If it wasn't the "Uh Oh", then it was him gabbin on about Simon Black not being in the centre. "Maybe he's injured, maybe there's something we don't know about him?"

However on a positive note.....glad to see we can guts out a win, when Port looked like they were going to run over the top, especially when a number of players were looking a bit flat. Good on you Browny, Beams and Zorko:hearts: Polks is doing some nice things down forward Hawksley continues to frustrate.

The worst part was tony shaw saying o,oh. Every time we had a shot on goal!

Tony Shaw..should retire..in his introduction talked about his senses of an upset in the making....We cross to a camera in the Brisbane room.. Bewick surrounded by assistant coaches stretching by doing star-jumps..he loses balance and lands on his arse..assistant coaches start to laugh .Tony Shaw voice over...Bad body language.. says it all Brisbane are not taking it serious..

Football Pope:.."Shut the F up Tony!"...

Tells me that they are all real comfortable with each other, and don't stand on ceremony with each other..

You only laugh at someone if you know they can take it.....life and some people can be way to serious at times..

Eh, I can handle Campbell and co....its Glen Jakovich who shits me to tears. I always tell the tv that Carey had him covered, just to make me feel better lol :D

I dont know if I imagined it but after the 3/4 siren, one of the commentators gave Port a wrap for being up and then one of them audibly clapped. Will have to rewatch to make sure.

Just went and checked. You're not wrong. I hear siren, then something go "click, click, click, click" and Gerard chiming in with "well done". It sounds like someone clapping with a pen in their hand or something.

On the game - the final minute of each quarter proved mighty fruitful for us today. Goal by Brown on the siren of the 1st, Zorko scraps one with 56 seconds left in the second, and Zorko again hits a clutch set shot right before the siren in the 3rd (Zorko's set up by beautiful run by Hanley on to Green). Feels good to be the team putting those goals on in the final minutes in "red time" - how many times has it been the other way round?

How did Beams go??
Influential in the final quarter.

Stats: 15 Disposals, 6 Marks, 1 Tackle, 2 Goals, 1 Behind, 3 Clearances, 1 I50, 2 R50, 2 '1%', 79% TOG.

Didn't play as much in the guts, more time up forward and floated down back at times.

EDIT: Should add that when he was in the guts he played that loose tag role again.

In addition, what about Tony Shaw saying that after Port had kicked a goal to go up by all of ELEVEN points with about 5 mins to go that the game could be over at 3/4 time. Jesus.
Shaw is a dickhead.

Sounds like a good win away, I might have to watch with the sounds off, nah will just yell abuse at the commentators instead of the umps.

When is it up on the AFL site, is there anywhere else I could get a replay on the net? cheers..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like a good win away, I might have to watch with the sounds off, nah will just yell abuse at the commentators instead of the umps.

When is it up on the AFL site, is there anywhere else I could get a replay on the net? cheers..
The replay goes up on the AFL site 12 hours after the final siren.

Tim Lane was good on channel 10 as well.

At least we don't have Blight and Walls commentating when we play Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port Adelaide vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back