Review Port Adelaide vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

If there was any doubt before I think today confirmed that Matthew Campbell is the worst sports commentator in Australia by a fair margin.

There were some good signs and some worrying signs. Really happy to win though. Didn't think the standard was bad considering it was 13th vs 14th in the rain.

Yeah, I'm with you.

Our field kicking was really good until the rain set in and the ball got heavier.

And Port were desperate from the word go......just ran out of petrol tickets at the end, which I guess speaks volume for our fitness.

The commentators (as woeful and as biased as they were) mentioned that it was an entertaining contest....at least they got something right.

Thought Harwood might of actually got this award.

In the contests where I noticed Harwood trailing off it looked more like he had run out of legs rather than going 'soft'.

Predicted changes;
IN: Bartlett (heard he dominated in his reserves game today), Yeo
OUT: Crisp, Hawksley

Hence enabling Drummond to take Hawksley's spot.

Would love to see these changes :thumbsu: perhaps along with Docherty taking a spot (reward for a patient season) ... not sure about the out for that one though ... perhaps the man in green, he seemed to detract from us a bit :p

Anyone who calls any of our boys soft should watch the game again. Hell, watch it again anyway.
Sorry Kezz, but there were quite a few contests, especially through the first three quarters, where the opposition clearly went in harder and wanted it more. I don't usually call players soft, but I'll certainly call contests soft if a player very obviously doesn't go when he should.

Sorry Kezz, but there were quite a few contests, especially through the first three quarters, where the opposition clearly went in harder and wanted it more. I don't usually call players soft, but I'll certainly call contests soft if a player very obviously doesn't go when he should.
Hanley and Lisle were culprits, for me.

Rubbish!

Tony Shaw is only marginally behind him:p

You can see why Tony Shaw wasn't a good coach. He keeps wanting to change things every time the opposition scores a goal. Hold your nerve Tony and stop panicking!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there was any doubt before I think today confirmed that Matthew Campbell is the worst sports commentator in Australia by a fair margin.

Rubbish!

Tony Shaw is only marginally behind him:p
Balderdash!

If you could describe a commentator as front running, Healy would be right up there.

I'm not willing to watch through rose coloured glasses. Every club has blokes that from time to time will not go in as hard as they should.
Yes I agree, but Lisle is a regular offender. Too timid for AFL.

I remained confident even when we were down at 3/4 time. Very gutsy win, I dont agree we 'played poorly', I think we were generally good bar 1/4 o the game, especially given the conditions. Remember Port can play when they are on. People must also remember that they are desperate for a win, like we were this time last year, they want one for buddah. It was remarkable we were able to stop their run and win in the end, I take a massive amount from the win, it showed alot of character.

On another note - I want to write a letter of complaint to Foxtel, never have I heard such one sided obvious barracking or a team in all my years watching footy. Shaw groaned "awwww no".. when Raines snapped that goal, after reddens Huge smoother Healey bagged Harwood for 2 minutes, didnt mention the smoother. On at least 10 occasions Shaw furiously debated umpiring decisions in Ports favor, rewind and listen to the passion he argues againts a free kick given to Hudson. All 3 callers were out right Cheering for Port and wishing them on, at one stage Shaw again said "ohhh no" when we kicked in side 50, as if it was his team about to be scored againts. It was blatent and it was for the entire game. occasionally they would throw in "this is good by the Lions". They all sounded deflated once we won, and even after the gutsy comeback there was little to no in depth credit given to the lions. In the post match run down they looked almost guilty, Healy and shaw hate the Lions, Even on the Couch healy just arrogantly dismisses the Lions as a 'go no where' type of team. it was a disgrace.

I would like to sit through and note the comments in ports favor, the arguments againts the lions and the amount of times we were bagged for effort.

My Unlce plays golf with shaw, he asked him one day, "why are you so Anti - Lions?" and shaw admitted he hates the Lions and that 2001-2002 as a passionate pies Man was the reason why. It goes right back to 2009 againts Port where there was the Huge hit on Daniel rich (cant remeber who hit him) and shaw argued and maintained it was a 'good bump'.. the bloke got 3 weeks.

Did others feel frustrated all day with the call? it was almost hard to enjoy it as a Lions supporter as though our success was a guilty pleasure.

I could not get over his bias, and he played for Brisbane!!!!!

Green, Zorko, Raines all great today and show the future.

Rich and Hudson Manful.

Breams great effort when the game needed to be one.

Disappointing third quarter, Port should have put us away, they didn't and we finished them, well done!!!!

Just quietly and I know not many people will care but Reddo has snuck into the top 8 Dreamteam total scores for 2012 at this moment.

To be up there with the likes of Beams, Boyd, Cotchin, Ablett, Watson, Deledio, Tuck.
He is our next Black.

The worst part was tony shaw saying o,oh. Every time we had a shot on goal!

This happened at least 5-6 times, including Raines snapped goal and once when we got a ball out the back and headed inside 50 in the last, on the flip side, he would prick up in his seat as the Power went forward, with comments like "Their on i they can just get the ball over the top" etc..

I saw who the commentators were and thought oh,oh...but I stopped myself and gave them a chance.

I lasted until 1/2 way through the first quarter and muted...the commentators that is.

I then had the surreal experience of watching an afl game in silence. SEN was about 30 sec behind.

Very disappointed - it also gives me little desire to smart replay because the same spud-heads will be talking there.

Good news is WE WON!!!!!!!!

The Zorks!

Beams' mark and goal late in the final quarter.

Green machine.

Raines, Rich and Black dominating the midfield in the final quarter.

And my heart that for the second week in a row had an attack. :p
Play of the day for me.
A real indicator of our possible future,
Green's crunching tackle, ball pops out to Rocky who puts it inside 50 for a great mark and goal from Beams.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port Adelaide vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back