AFLW Port Adelaide vs Collingwood - Round 7 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

If David Koch is reading, this is what a young and improving team looks like. The core of this team are 1st to 3rd year players who are late teens to early 20s and are visibly growing before our eyes from week to week. Scholz, Dowrick, Brooksby, Syme, Goody, Window all terrific in that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win in the worst guernsey I have ever seen any Port side wear. I realise the significance of the round and the additional colours but surely they could have come up with something better than that? What made it worse was we were playing Collingwood at Alberton.

Grizzles aside that was a good win and the girls are now much more physical and not as easily pushed off the ball. Well done.

Good effort by the girls .
I liked how we came out firing in the third after letting them back in the game in the second quarter .
Sholz is growing in front of our eyes , that mark was sensational.
Window is growing too , she’s got a bit of a funny Paul Northeast kicking style but gets the ball well and looks like a midfielder in the making, Brooksby looks the goods as does Goody who is looking like a very good smart footballer, they put her on Ella Roberts last week after she’d played one of the best quarters ever and she managed to at least bring her back to mere mortal level , this week loose in defence for the last quarter with Collingwood trying to storm home with the wind to the end every goal in the game was kicked .
Lamb is a real warrior and ensures we don’t get smashed in the inside and Dowrick is the more highly skilled inside mid , probably our second best player again after Sholz .
Starting to appreciate Maloney and Wendland .
Borg and Boak are solid defenders and Ebony Odea has really grown this year ( that holding the ball against her in the last quarter was a disgrace) .
Looked a bit of a worry for Teakle there coming off with a knee injury , hope for the best there . .
Saint and Houghton were good .
Onwards and upwards I say

Good effort by the girls .
I liked how we came out firing in the third after letting them back in the game in the second quarter .
Sholz is growing in front of our eyes , that mark was sensational.
Window is growing too , she’s got a bit of a funny Paul Northeast kicking style but gets the ball well and looks like a midfielder in the making, Brooksby looks the goods as does Goody who is looking like a very good smart footballer, they put her on Ella Roberts last week after she’d played one of the best quarters ever and she managed to at least bring her back to mere mortal level , this week loose in defence for the last quarter with Collingwood trying to storm home with the wind to the end every goal in the game was kicked .
Lamb is a real warrior and ensures we don’t get smashed in the inside and Dowrick is the more highly skilled inside mid , probably our second best player again after Sholz .
Starting to appreciate Maloney and Wendland .
Borg and Boak are solid defenders and Ebony Odea has really grown this year ( that holding the ball against her in the last quarter was a disgrace) .
Looked a bit of a worry for Teakle there coming off with a knee injury , hope for the best there . .
Saint and Houghton were good .
Onwards and upwards I say
I'm definitely noticing Window is fighting harder and harder. Has a loooooong way to go, but she's improving and stepping up.

There was a moment in maybe the third, she was clearly held and should've gotten a free, and despite being disappointed and pulled unfairly out of the contest she fought back into it and nailed the girl in a tough tackle. It was a good moment showing her increasing fight.

If David Koch is reading, this is what a young and improving team looks like. The core of this team are 1st to 3rd year players who are late teens to early 20s and are visibly growing before our eyes from week to week. Scholz, Dowrick, Brooksby, Syme, Goody, Window all terrific in that game.
Also Boag, Borg, Wendland …

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Port Adelaide vs Collingwood - Round 7 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back