AFLW Port Adelaide vs Collingwood - Round 7 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't watch on Thursday so just watching the replay now. Only halfway through, but hoooooly shit the umpiring is bad.

I missed the game too - but saw the comments on the umpiring.

Really bad?

I am really enjoying watching the girls this season. I think back to what we looked like in our first season and you can definitely see a vast improvement in our skills and fitness. The thing I really love too is their attitude. They really do just never give up. Watching them celebrate the small victories in the game and then the wins at the end is great. They look like they are playing purely because they love the game and competing, not just because it's a job, or for the money.
I know it's not as skilled or fast-paced or high scoring as the men's, but I'm just enjoying it for what it is.

I am really enjoying watching the girls this season. I think back to what we looked like in our first season and you can definitely see a vast improvement in our skills and fitness. The thing I really love too is their attitude. They really do just never give up. Watching them celebrate the small victories in the game and then the wins at the end is great. They look like they are playing purely because they love the game and competing, not just because it's a job, or for the money.
I know it's not as skilled or fast-paced or high scoring as the men's, but I'm just enjoying it for what it is.
Enjoying it too ... have watched all of their matches so far. Improvement in skills is massive! Some great marks, skillful crumbing goals, and kicking is greatly improved. Playing more "Port Adelaide" than the men are! Good on them.

I feel the same way. The feeling at Alberton during the girls games feels reminicent of the old days at Alberton. I found last year we managed to find a way to lose games whereas this year our determination to hang tough is visible. This week's game against St Kilda should be a good one.

I was just thinking about this. I get the diversity design probably worked better with white, so I can live with that. However my question is, why aren't we wearing white shorts??? If we're wearing the white, we should be wearing all white, or teal shorts or something.

So I just did some research and we haven't worn white shorts all year, Port and Rich both wore black shorts when we played and tonight again both sides will wear black shorts.

That I think is weirder. Is there a reason why we can't wear white shorts in AFLW. Is there like a moratorium against it or something? Ie. Too revealing?

You are asking the wrong question, you should be asking why aren't Collingwood, who are the visiting team, wearing white shorts? In the past Port sides never wore white shorts at Alberton.

In fact I repeat the question that was asked earlier, why were we wearing an away strip at Alberton? I should not have to ask as the favoritism shown by the AFL toward Collingwood extends to the AFLW.

You are asking the wrong question, you should be asking why aren't Collingwood, who are the visiting team, wearing white shorts? In the past Port sides never wore white shorts at Alberton.

In fact I repeat the question that was asked earlier, why were we wearing an away strip at Alberton? I should not have to ask as the favoritism shown by the AFL toward Collingwood extends to the AFLW.
I think it was just about the Pride design. Nothing to do with Collingwood, so for a one off I can accept it was our choice and we wore white, but it was silly both teams had black shorts. If they're wearing the black based Guernsey because of our choice, then we should have been wearing teal shorts or something other than black.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was just about the Pride design. Nothing to do with Collingwood, so for a one off I can accept it was our choice and we wore white, but it was silly both teams had black shorts. If they're wearing the black based Guernsey because of our choice, then we should have been wearing teal shorts or something other than black.

Collingwood aside the decision to wear a white guernsey at Alberton was a shit decision and indicative of the loss of the traditional values that has taken place at Alberton during the Koch/ Richardson era. That guernsey was a ****ing abomination and about the only good thing was that the girls won while wearing it.

Pride round or not why would you choose to wear what was basically an away strip in a home game? Another pissweak decision from a pissweak administration.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Port Adelaide vs Collingwood - Round 7 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back