Autopsy Port defeat Freo by some margin idk anyway the season's over

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Jackson between the arcs on a wing as a release kick out of the backline. Youve been big on having more marking prowess between the arcs for a long time and I agree.
Would love to see the stats on just how many outlet marks our bigs actually took this season.Would be damning.

We seem to just get killed along the wings week in, week out. Can only really remember Treacy and at times Draper backed himself in, rest were hopeless.

Jye was absolutely schooled by a Bombers reject tonight, really hope he sorts himself out over the off season. Has gone from hero to zero reeeeeaaaal quick.

Has to just go back and watch his old tapes and go back to his regular routine. Get back to decent leading patterns.

Whoever griefed him into tinkering for more distance has completely f**ked him. He doesn't need to kick 55-60 metre bombs.

I reckon history shows West Coast would have won that game if they were in the position we were in and be playing finals.

Unfortunately the scars and baggage we carry as a club just grows.

Excuse the intrusion, but this feels like Melbourne 2020 to me. Definitely better than sides in the top 8 but ultimately just missing out.

As an opposition supporter, I'll be putting Fremantle firmly in my top 4 prediction for 2025.

I believe this will sting all summer and your blokes will have a serious point to prove next year.

Way too much talent on this list to not be competing consistently now.

For all our talent I just worry about our mental side of the game. Do we have anyone that actually lifts when it matters? Brayshaw maybe. Treacy. The majority of the team go the opposite way and crumble under the pressure. Surely we've seen enough from this coaching group to say they aren't the right ones to lead this squad. Been 5 years now. Were a whisker off top 4 in 2022 with a team as young as this one. We have gone backwards. Be a shame to waste our arguably most talented list ever with the wrong coach.

I don't think anything will change if JL stays on. Don't think he has it in him to really challenge these guys to take it to another level. Need a new voice in there.

And this pressure thing is a real problem. Every time they show it we are in the 160s and our opponent is well over 200 consistently. That's just will and desire.

For all our talent I just worry about our mental side of the game. Do we have anyone that actually lifts when it matters? Brayshaw maybe. Treacy. The majority of the team go the opposite way and crumble under the pressure. Surely we've seen enough from this coaching group to say they aren't the right ones to lead this squad. Been 5 years now. Were a whisker off top 4 in 2022 with a team as young as this one. We have gone backwards. Be a shame to waste our arguably most talented list ever with the wrong coach.

I don't think anything will change if JL stays on. Don't think he has it in him to really challenge these guys to take it to another level. Need a new voice in there.

And this pressure thing is a real problem. Every time they show it we are in the 160s and our opponent is well over 200 consistently. That's just will and desire.
I think a lot of it is experience. Some bloke are born with it (Andy, Treacy as you say). A lot of others learn. Those two will drags blokes with them once we get close enough.

That's the JL enigma. On one hand, it's a great effort to keep us so competitive when the other team is going so much harder. On the other hand, HAVE A ****ING PROPER CRACK!

The Essendon one is the worst, but the GWS also stings almost as bad. Geelong we lost before the game even started with selection. Port ended up being a 4 goal loss.

GWS we really should've won when the game was on the line. If one of Banfield or Cox played even 5% less bad then we win, and they were already before like a good 50% below their standard. Reality is if you're looking for something that directly cost us finals those peformances are as close as you get, Cox's especially.
I'd say if we just had someone pay attention to Daniels or Hogan for 5 mins we win.

Our pressure in past seasons has been good though, so I think this year the 'change' to be more offensive along with some key injuries has somehow effectedit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m really not sold on JLo.. has some things he just never changes and needs a major break to switch things up.
I hate what I'm about to say but Mitchell would have Freo playing finals this season. Even Ross had Saints playing finals last season with a trash list lol. I really had high hopes for JLo but his form is really concerning, not to mention so demoralising for supporters. I feel like I've been cucked.

It's funny how the umpiring in the Carlton/Saints game and the umpiring in the Fremantle/Port game both favoured the same team.
Are you fair dinkum? Were you actually watching the game? Seriously if you think Porr got the rub of the green you are completely delusional. How many of Freos goals came from soft frees in the 50 arc just for a start? And then the ones that were missed in general play or paid your way in 50/50 contests? Perth has to be the worst example of home town umpriring in the comp.. whether its you guys or the Wet Toast.

Are you fair dinkum? Were you actually watching the game? Seriously if you think Porr got the rub of the green you are completely delusional. How many of Freos goals came from soft frees in the 50 arc just for a start? And then the ones that were missed in general play or paid your way in 50/50 contests? Perth has to be the worst example of home town umpriring in the comp.. whether its you guys or the Wet Toast.
You had 6 frees that lead to 3 of your goals before we even had one. Two later in the game picked out directly in front from nowhere too.

Missing three key talls had a lot to do with that ball movement issue. Particularly defensively. For a huge chunk of this year opposition could bunch two of their talls together and know that one of them was manned up by an undersized defender or an understrength one - just picture Chapman and Draper trying to out wrestle their man sized opponent.

We need Voss taking marks up field. We need Jackson taking marks up field. We need Darcy taking marks up field. We need Treacy playing.

We had none of it and we still got close.

The most exciting win we had this year was when the Saints beat Carlton yesterday. Sad times.

Need a new coach JL isn't the guy. Whoever takes over has an awesome list/sandbox to play with and I would like to see what they can do with this group.

You had 6 frees that lead to 3 of your goals before we even had one. Two later in the game picked out directly in front from nowhere too.
Andy got murdered twice early for no whistle. Then legged late in the game. No whistle. Cripps would have been paid all those frees. But that's the game. I refuse to blame umpiring for a loss. If one bad or two bad calls is enough to cost you a game then you weren't good enough.

Andy got murdered twice early for no whistle. Then legged late in the game. No whistle. Cripps would have been paid all those frees. But that's the game. I refuse to blame umpiring for a loss. If one bad or two bad calls is enough to cost you a game then you weren't good enough.
Andy was ****ing shafted by the umps all game.

Not a loss due to umpiring but in no way was it in our favour

As has been said in many different ways, we are timid and cannot cope under pressure.

I just have no idea how you try and fix that over an off season. Remember Adelaide trying to attempt it with their infamous camp program?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Port defeat Freo by some margin idk anyway the season's over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back