Autopsy Port defeat Freo by some margin idk anyway the season's over

Remove this Banner Ad

First off a big thank you to RTB for getting his team up for the win over Carlton. What a moment that was prior to our game. The roar that went up around the ground was deafening. We were pumped and thought the afternoon was going to be one of the best in a long time.

So how did Freo respond to the incredible chance they had just been given? Well it became pretty obvious early in the first quarter that many of our most reliable players were off. Other than Young and Brayshaw, you’d be forgiven for thinking that the game was a meaningless one for the rest of our players.

What a dismal game to watch and what a waste of a season. So disheartening.
The bridge was roaring on the way to the game. Spirits were high. Only to be kicked right in the balls. I miss the days when we had some mongrel. Do we have an enforcer on our list? We are a pretty soft team and can’t see that part of our game lifting

Players like Jordan Sweet, Jed McEntee and Jackson Mead looked like guns today. Georgiades was clinical every time he got the ball.
Willem Drew absolutely demolished our star man in a tagging role.

A lot of fans here would be very underwhelmed if these kind of players were linked to us. Except Georgiades. But they were all excellent today.

At the upper end of their talent scale, butters and JHF are frighteningly good. The speed and power with which they hit stoppages was far above the level of nearly every freo player with the honourable exception of Brayshaw. Andy is a fine player but a level below both those guys.

Kane Farrell was absolutely destroying us too before he got injured.

I think out list is overrated by freo fans. That’s natural to an extent. But the club list managers probably overrate it too.
That’s more concerning.

The biggest problem today was the lack of pressure. When the graphic popped up in the third quarter and we were almost off the fox footy scale at poor, that set alarm bells off for me. How the **** can that happen in a game of this magnitude?

I would have bet all the whiskey in Ireland we would win before bounce down as the result of the Carlton game came through. But we were no where near the required level.

Players like Jordan Sweet, Jed McEntee and Jackson Mead looked like guns today. Georgiades was clinical every time he got the ball.
Willem Drew absolutely demolished our star man in a tagging role.

A lot of fans here would be very underwhelmed if these kind of players were linked to us. Except Georgiades. But they were all excellent today.

At the upper end of their talent scale, butters and JHF are frighteningly good. The speed and power with which they hit stoppages was far above the level of nearly every freo player with the honourable exception of Brayshaw. Andy is a fine player but a level below both those guys.

Kane Farrell was absolutely destroying us too before he got injured.

I think out list is overrated by freo fans. That’s natural to an extent. But the club list managers probably overrate it too.
That’s more concerning.

The biggest problem today was the lack of pressure. When the graphic popped up in the third quarter and we were almost off the fox footy scale at poor, that set alarm bells off for me. How the **** can that happen in a game of this magnitude?

I would have bet all the whiskey in Ireland we would win before bounce down as the result of the Carlton game came through. But we were no where near the required level.
All the whisky in Ireland would have made a very nice consolation prize. Would have gave it a decent dent tonight

Yeah I liked a lot about this year but not this.
We bottled it pure and simple.

Serong missing 3 sitters running straight at goal says it all. Switta & Freddy & Sharp shanking easy set shots.

Too many players can’t handle the ball cleanly.

Saddest thing for me is Fyfe has lost his ball handling. In his prime we win that.

Much to ponder. Not sure I can do this again next year. Off to Europe. Frivck finals. Don’t care.

He competed where Jackson didn't. If we had of selected him earlier instead of continually going to Jackson when Darcy was out, we would have done a lot better and probably not have lost some of the games we did. He isn't a long term solution but he did his job.
Probably says more about Jackson than anything ...

A bloke were calling needs to play forward because he's crap in the ruck, has been rubbish all year as a forward.
They need to figure out how to use him. No doubt he's talented, but uninvolved as a KPF and at best a backup ruck. Wing? Mid? Back?

A bloke were calling needs to play forward because he's crap in the ruck, has been rubbish all year as a forward.
They need to figure out how to use him. No doubt he's talented, but uninvolved as a KPF and at best a backup ruck. Wing? Mid? Back?
His biggest issue (apart from not being a rucks a’hole) is he isn’t a reliable mark down the line. Has youth on his side but I would say it’s a mid role or bust

Trouble is he trained all preseason as a forward and looked good early. Then the Darcy injury and straight back into the ruck. It seemed to destabilize him. So the forward thing being a success or failure. I'm not sure. But I agree. we need to decide his best spot/s and leave him there. With the possibility that we will be without Fyfe, maybe he could spend some time as the big bodied mid. He would have to improve his composure because he often just handball's blindly to no-one. CHB?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sharp is one player that is greatly overrated on this board. People think that because we got him for free, it’s ok if he’s not great.
His decision making is awful at times. He’s not a clutch goal kicker (the exact opposite whatever that is). Average to poor user by foot.

I think he’s got A LOT of improving to do or else we need to upgrade that position.

Sharp is one player that is greatly overrated on this board. People think that because we got him for free, it’s ok if he’s not great.
His decision making is awful at times. He’s not a clutch goal kicker (the exact opposite whatever that is). Average to poor user by foot.

I think he’s got A LOT of improving to do or else we need to upgrade that position.
Not a single person on here is denying that he's dropped off to end the year, but pretending that he was not a good value pick up is just plain stupid. He offers us a lot more in that role than whoever was there last year and there's been games where he's been among our best.

Of course he needs to improve, as does literally everyone in the team but he's already a massive upgrade in that position from last year.

We lack hard nuts. We don't have a tagger. We lack skills under pressure. We go to ground too easily. We don't take the right option. We are too slow to make a decision when a quick one is needed.

Not a single person on here is denying that he's dropped off to end the year, but pretending that he was not a good value pick up is just plain stupid. He offers us a lot more in that role than whoever was there last year and there's been games where he's been among our best.

Of course he needs to improve, as does literally everyone in the team but he's already a massive upgrade in that position from last year.
He’s not better than Liam Henry?
And I wasn’t a huge Henry fan either.
Sharp has no vision. He’s a good runner and a big boot.
That’s about it.

Langdon isn't any of those things but we thought he was damn good. He faded a bit late in the season but so did a lot of the team

First full season playing AFL. I'll back him in mainly because we don't have anything else but I thought all up he had a good season.

He’s not better than Liam Henry?
And I wasn’t a huge Henry fan either.
Sharp has no vision. He’s a good runner and a big boot.
That’s about it.
What are you talking about?? Henry wasn't even a wingers arseh*le. He didn't play a good game until the last quarter of the season and even then his best games were just acting as an outlet kick for Ryan exiting defence.

He had no distance on his kicks and had no speed, nor did he keep his width well. His disposal was not that good to copmensate for his deficiencies.

The bridge was roaring on the way to the game. Spirits were high. Only to be kicked right in the balls. I miss the days when we had some mongrel. Do we have an enforcer on our list? We are a pretty soft team and can’t see that part of our game lifting
Have Fyfe, but that’s unfair. He’s been the heart and soul of the club for 12 years.

There’s no one. No one like Horne-Francis. Bobs up. Creates. Gets a goal from 50m.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Port defeat Freo by some margin idk anyway the season's over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back