Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Tredrea actually arrogant?
No.
Ultra pro and competitive but I’m not sure if he was as arrogant as the media tried to paint him as after a couple unusual goal celebrations.
That's absolutely why he's perceived as arrogant, especially amongst Victorians who didn't see enough of Tredders playing to develop their own opinions of him.

Was Tredrea actually arrogant? Ultra pro and competitive but I’m not sure if he was as arrogant as the media tried to paint him as after a couple unusual goal celebrations.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was arrogant enough, in a really driven way, up until that 4th kneecap dislocation in February 2006. Then he got a bit of balance in life as he knew he had peaked. The phone celebrations weren't arrogant, more just silly celebrations. The media hated his bow, but the 2007 PF was over when he did it, we had smashed North, the bloody crowd were doing mexican waves, and I reckon it was just a release of all the frustrations post 4th kneecap dislocation.

People forget he was telling Choco to drop him after his 199th game in 2007 as he had a poor run of form for about 6 weeks, was still struggling with his knee after 16 months, and we had lost 4 in a row and had gone from 6-1 to 6-5. Choco said no you are playing your 200th against Essendon, you do well against them. Choco built it up all week because who he was and was Port's first 200 gamer in the AFL, he kicked 4 goals and we turned the season around and finished 2nd at 15-7.

Last edited:

Let's be honest, a player with Jordan's "I'm the best" personality would be hated in the AFL.

Australia and its Tall Poppy syndrome. Also why Tredrea and Wingard were quite hated outside Port.

On the other hand, in America, people being overly humble (Ken Hinkley) would get torn to shreds.
We just aren't as hard or harsh a society as USA on failure or sucess.

The AFL media want to have favourites and deal with nice guys. I'd love to hear a Stephen A. Smith type take it to Hinkley for not delivering. A bit like he did to these NFL coaches.

The Monday after the end of the NFL season the blood letting always starts. From January 2019.

And he was consistent because this is who he put in his sights when the season kicked off in September 2018. He didn't change 4 months later in that first rant.

He was arrogant enough, in a really driven way, up until that 4th kneecap dislocation in February 2006. Then he got a bit of balance in life as he knew he had peaked. The phone celebrations weren't arrogant, more just silly celebrations. The media hated his bow, but the 2007 PF was over when he did it, we had smashed North, the bloody crowd were doing mexican waves, and I reckon it was just a release of all the frustrations post 4th kneecap dislocation.

People forget he was telling Choco to drop him after his 199th game in 2007 as he had a poor run of form for about 6 weeks, was still struggling with his knee after 16 months, and we had lost 4 in a row and had gone from 6-1 to 6-5. Choco said no you are playing your 200th against Essendon, you do well against them. Choco built it up all week because who he was and was Port's first 200 gamer in the AFL, he kicked 4 goals and we turned the season around and finished 2nd at 15-7.

I recount that he used to rub team mates off the wrong way in how seriously he took his training

Let's be honest, a player with Jordan's "I'm the best" personality would be hated in the AFL.

Australia and its Tall Poppy syndrome. Also why Tredrea and Wingard were quite hated outside Port.

On the other hand, in America, people being overly humble (Ken Hinkley) would get torn to shreds.
On the flipside, Eddie Betts is one of the most arrogant player on the field I've seen and is adored.

The big Texan was adored for a long time.

Even Buckley wasn't that hated despite the figjam label.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Time to roll out the members of the Victorian Media to talk up the advantage of being in a hub...

Yes Timmy, all the clubs couldn't wait to get to Queensland, because they wanted absolutely nothing to do with going and staying in Victoria.

Also just on this, he was copping it all the time in the media. Was a lot of the reason he retired to play baseball after 93.

Also just on this, he was copping it all the time in the media. Was a lot of the reason he retired to play baseball after 93.
What about his enormous gambling debts and it being linked to his fathers murder & praps agreeing to an early retirement at the time so the NBA wasn't forced into taking action against him.. yes I've read the conspiracies haha but regardless he's got skeletons in the closet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about his enormous gambling debts and it being linked to his fathers murder & praps agreeing to an early retirement at the time so the NBA wasn't forced into taking action against him.. yes I've read the conspiracies haha but regardless he's got skeletons in the closet.

The guy is a multi squillionaire, how many debts do you think he had? He stayed out gambling with his Dad one night and the media was all over him. The conspiracies you're talking about were fairly debunked in the miniseries.

The guy is a multi squillionaire, how many debts do you think he had? He stayed out gambling with his Dad one night and the media was all over him. The conspiracies you're talking about were fairly debunked in the miniseries.
Ya make squillions ya gamble squillions I believe the mob guy

Unless you are Adelaide Collingwood Richmond WCE Bulldogs or HAWKS you are dispensable in his plan.
Imagine just a six club comp lol.

View attachment 877707

Be interesting to see his opinion on financial stability once they get back the balance sheet after all their pokies have been shut down this quarter
Also hawthorn almost merged with Melbourne when they went 10yrs without a premiership
Maybe every club just needs to find a state with an interest in football but without their own team that they can suck money out of.

Last edited:
Be interesting to see his opinion on financial stability once they get back the balance sheet after all their pokies have been shut down this quarter
Also hawthorn almost merged with Melbourne when they went 10yrs without a premiership
Maybe every club just needs to find a state with an interest in football but without their own team that they can suck money out of.

and without the reliance of having a 2nd home ground in Tasmania.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back