Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because thats not open to corruption at all... the umpires can assist with time wasting efforts now by just being slow to call stoppages, but then allowing them to sometimes stop the clock based on some vague direction...

I dont recall ever hearing any complaints about it when that used to be the rule.

As long as the Suns players stay on the Gold Coast until they travel to Adelaide they'll be fine.

Sounds like Nanny Nicola is backdating exposure to 20 March.

https://indaily.com.au/news/local/2...f15aa6c994a&utm_source=EDM&utm_term=READ MORE

Marshall also said anyone who has come into SA from the Greater Brisbane area including Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands and Logan since March 20 also needs to get tested and go into isolation until their test results comes back negative.

Chief Public Health Officer Professor Nicola Spurrier this afternoon said football players were unlikely to be granted exemptions for travel because “generally we haven’t considered that football players are essential workers”.

Spurrier said she had only just been made aware of the Gold Coast match, but was assuming some Suns players had been in Brisbane during the concerning time-frame.

“My assumption is that there may be players that have been in Brisbane, and then a part of that Gold Coast team,” Spurrier said.

“When people play football, there’s a lot of close physical contact – sometimes we’re able to make a risk mitigation plan, but we’ll just need to see what happens.”

Let us know when each AFL side averages 12 possessions.

My point was NFL games have heaps of down time and go for ages but I don't notice it much (or at all really) because the sport is entertaining, so the length of AFL games doesn't bother me in the slightest.

My point was NFL games have heaps of down time and go for ages but I don't notice it much (or at all really) because the sport is entertaining, so the length of AFL games doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The complaint of length should only be in terms of the wear and tear on players and the fatigue making it ugly towards the end. I don't think its the dead time thats really a problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interchanges should be 90. 75 is dumb. They wanted to see how far they could push it. Now we just get teams getting out to 60 point leads who put the cue in the rack harder than ever before, and then end up winning by 30-40. It's making the finish to games really shitty.

Interchanges should be 90. 75 is dumb. They wanted to see how far they could push it. Now we just get teams getting out to 60 point leads who put the cue in the rack harder than ever before, and then end up winning by 30-40. It's making the finish to games really shitty.

dont worry, they'll change another half a dozen rules next year and it'll be completely different

There would be players who have been in Brisbane or had peopel visit them from Brisbane. GC is like an hours drive to Brisbane lol.
The drive from the Gold Coast to Brisbane is not something most people that live on the Gold Coast do just for the sh*ts and giggles. People visiting the Gold Coast from Brisbane is a different matter but as few of the Sun's players are from Brisbane there probably aren't many that have friends and family visiting them from Greater Brisbane.

I imagine we'll find out soon enough.

Still doesn't apply to the Gold Coast as it is not part of Greater Brisbane.

It does apply to them because Spurrier is assuming some Gold Coast players have been in the Brisbane hot spot area in which case the whole team wouldn't be allowed to travel. One in, all in.

Spurrier said she had only just been made aware of the Gold Coast match, but was assuming some Suns players had been in Brisbane during the concerning time-frame.

It does apply to them because Spurrier is assuming some Gold Coast players have been in the Brisbane hot spot area in which case the whole team wouldn't be allowed to travel. One in, all in.
lol, she's "assuming" and on that basis the game is off.

Anyone wishing for shorter quarters on a permanent basis might want to reflect that the AFL and its broadcasters would only do it in such a way as to be at least neutral as far as ad revenue goes. So that means, one way or another, proportionately less footy and more ads.

Anyone wishing for shorter quarters on a permanent basis might want to reflect that the AFL and its broadcasters would only do it in such a way as to be at least neutral as far as ad revenue goes. So that means, one way or another, proportionately less footy and more ads.

I'd cop that for a few minutes less of BT, Dwayne and Rompingwins. :p

Most of us paid full price for less home games in worse seats and less footy as a whole.

But Joel Selwood and Patrick Dangerfield see the potential for extending their careers and shock-horror, the cadre of ex-players in the media didn’t mind working less hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back