Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richmond may be losing but you have to admire the fact that they've played two games inside 24 hours. Not sure what's up with that chevron though.

Average sides can have a good March and/or April but come June they don't win much.

Collingwood under Tony Shaw and Malthouse's first two years were probably the most extreme example. I think they went 5 years without winning a game in June.

Nicks is just there to get games in to the kids until:

1. They improve to a certain point which Nicks can't get them beyond, and they need a better coach to finish the work; or
2. The Crows realise the kids aren't good enough and they need another coach to start the rebuild process again.

Either way, he will have a short shelf life at the Crows.
The thing is they aren’t playing the kids really more then absolutely necessary. If that’s Nicks choice, then he’s a poor coach, even given their shit list. If it’s directions from on high, to be competitive (as much as they can be), first and foremost, playing older players, then there’s not much more he can do.

If it’s directions from on high
He's a mouth piece.

No way he wasn't towing the party line after his laughable response about the sub last week.

Fking yes man who's got someone's hand firmly up his rear.

I don't envy the decision that someone in his position has to make. Nail down a well paying job for a few years, but face the very real possibility that your future prospects working at that level will be irreparably tainted.
They'd be too arrogant and think they'd be the one to turn it around. Rinse repeat for every failed new coach.

I think Eddie is right- the Collingwood supporters are confused about Port’s Prison Bar guernsey, they forgot to go to the game today and support their team.
Hope you posted that on the main board 😂

I think I'm most happy that Croms have absolutely butchered their high draft picks. They are years away from being competitive and spuds they have now just aren't gunna cut it

They banked on crouch netting them a good return lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't envy the decision that someone in his position has to make. Nail down a well paying job for a few years, but face the very real possibility that your future prospects working at that level will be irreparably tainted.
Nah, other clubs can see he’s working with crap. He’ll get 2-4 years of a salary to set him up, then be a coach elsewhere again, with another shot if he’s lucky. Otherwise still decent money as a line/senior coach.

The thing is they aren’t playing the kids really more then absolutely necessary. If that’s Nicks choice, then he’s a poor coach, even given their sh*t list. If it’s directions from on high, to be competitive (as much as they can be), first and foremost, playing older players, then there’s not much more he can do.
Well they brought in Mckay over a few others. Sent young Dusty (Fog) back to he SANFL. They are every chance to drop Thilthorpe and Himmelberg for Lynch and Frampton, you can never work out there selections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back