Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

These two were never fans of the Magpies component of the Port Adelaide Football Club, but they did a nice job for the PAFC today in the coaching box.

Is Francou on the Crows staff or GWS staff? Either way good job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows could and should be 3-8 after 11 rounds - if it eventuates, does the heat increase on Nicks to keep his job? Personally, I think he should be allowed to keep doing what he's doing: it's providing endless joy for Port fans.

Crows could and should be 3-8 after 11 rounds - if it eventuates, does the heat increase on Nicks to keep his job? Personally, I think he should be allowed to keep doing what he's doing: it's providing endless joy for Port fans.
Nicks is far more useful to Port in the position he now holds 🤣🤣

It would be unfair on him because their list is diabolical. I can't imagine being a supporter and turning up to watch that spud farm.

That said, sacking coaches is in their DNA. They're no different to Carlton and St. Kilda in that regard. I think the pressure will start to mount on Nicks as the customers get restless.

Nicks is just there to get games in to the kids until:

1. They improve to a certain point which Nicks can't get them beyond, and they need a better coach to finish the work; or
2. The Crows realise the kids aren't good enough and they need another coach to start the rebuild process again.

Either way, he will have a short shelf life at the Crows.

It would be unfair on him because their list is diabolical. I can't imagine being a supporter and turning up to watch that spud farm.

That said, sacking coaches is in their DNA. They're no different to Carlton and St. Kilda in that regard. I think the pressure will start to mount on Nicks as the customers get restless.
Makes me think that only die hard Crows fans will turn up to the Showdown next week. The way their team is playing, many will be fearing the worst, and I hope they're right.

Nicks is just there to get games in to the kids until:

1. They improve to a certain point which Nicks can't get them beyond, and they need a better coach to finish the work; or
2. The Crows realise the kids aren't good enough and they need another coach to start the rebuild process again.

Either way, he will have a short shelf life at the Crows.
At least while he's there, he has no more hair to pull out :).

I think Nicks is fine. Their list is the issue.

I don't envy the decision that someone in his position has to make. Nail down a well paying job for a few years, but face the very real possibility that your future prospects working at that level will be irreparably tainted.

They're blaming the mid-field for the defeat saying they need bigger blokes with bigger bodies in there

"Hugh Greenwood was monumental for the Suns with 26 disposals, 10 tackles and a goal" :tearsofjoy:

Rowie jnr is struggling and starting to realise what AFL is really like and I couldn't be happier for the grandstanding showboating little runt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back