Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read that before but I don't remember her being on there. She must have been a minor character.

Chances was a stange show. It was piss poor to start with but at some point the writers and producers said **** it, if they are going to cut us we are going down in a blaze of glory. The sex was cranked up and the storyline became weirdly great. The character who wanted to get his brain transplanted into Jeremy Sims' bodyy was a confadont of Hitler and Stalin to meeting God in the last show. The writers were smoking some good shit.

Kate got her boobs out. That’s pretty much the start of her career.

Kate got her boobs out. That’s pretty much the start of her career.
Was she part of the family at the start when they were celebrating their lottery win or was she there when it went left of left field with Neo Nazis, lesbians, BDSM stuff, triads, the angels and ghosts, the Egyptian godess and other weird shit I have forgotten.

I didn’t watch enough of the show to know plot lines and characters but I recall her being in the Nazi phase.

Hey guys I made a sideproject webapp for finding flights to see Port play interstate. Tell me what to improve.

FootyFlights.com.au (v1)

It's not the best thing you'll see this year but I'm looking for early feedback to make the next version better.

Last edited:
Hey guys I made a sideproject webapp for finding flights to see Port play interstate. Tell me what to improve.

FootyFlights.com.au (v1)

It's not the best thing you'll see this year but I'm looking for early feedback to make the next version better.

Seems to be down.

FootyFlights.com.au (v1)

Good effort. After I pressed [See my team] nothing happened for several seconds and I was left wondering if anything was happening. My initial recommendation would be to add some sort of indication that the application is working in the background. I'd also suggest showing which airline the best fare is with more prominent. I could barely see who I'd be flying with. But overall well done champ.

Seems to be down.

Sorry about that :/ Could you try again? right now I can see people on it in real-time so i think its up

It does take upto a minute to search especially if there are a lot of games

FootyFlights.com.au (v1)

Very Nice Work. I clicked on the Sydney example and figured $284 for a Friday night + Monday morning flight was pretty good and the times decent. But its Tiger Air so flag goes up. The Shanghai option is cheap but I wouldn't do the double stop there compared to single stop in Sydney coming home.

Good effort. After I pressed [See my team] nothing happened for several seconds and I was left wondering if anything was happening. My initial recommendation would be to add some sort of indication that the application is working in the background. I'd also suggest showing which airline the best fare is with more prominent. I could barely see who I'd be flying with. But overall well done champ.

Cheers mate, coming from the real tredrea that means a lot. I'm only a hobby coder so I actually don't know how to show the 'loading page' icon but that's what this post is for: to get feedback on what to do/learn next.

Very Nice Work. I clicked on the Sydney example and figured $284 for a Friday night + Monday morning flight was pretty good and the times decent. But its Tiger Air so flag goes up. The Shanghai option is cheap but I wouldn't do the double stop there compared to single stop in Sydney coming home.
Cheers REH

Haha good point, I would choose any flight over tiger. Ok will add to the to-do list

The shanghai trip probably is an extreme case so the code probably won't give very good flights for it. Will think about that too

FootyFlights.com.au (v1)

Really nicely done.

I 'do' web, a history website, and you are well ahead of me.

Simple is OK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really nicely done.

I 'do' web, a history website, and you are well ahead of me.

Simple is OK.
Cheers man! My first web app took 3 months this one took 5 days so I'm liking the improvement ratio... but there is still much to improve!

FootyFlights.com.au (v1)

Good work mate! With a bit of polish, this site could take off! Maybe a Webjet style option of airline choice would be great though.

I personally wouldn't use it, I work for an airline and I get pretty generous staff travel rates.

Had no choice but to fly Tiger recently, and Was hugely impressed! Then just flew last minute into Adelaide yesterday because my sister is very ill, and flew Tiger again, as the other airlines were prohibitively priced. Had one of the most pleasant domestic flights ever! A most delightful young flight attendant where nothing was too much trouble. Came down the isle three times with a jug of ice water offering to passengers. As we were getting off, my wife thanked her and asked her to thank the pilots for such a smooth flight and landing, as she has a flying phobia. So the attendant said "why not thank them yourself?" So we went into the cockpit and had a chat with them ... So friendly!

They are a carbon copy of Virgin when they first started flying, now owned by them, you can see the influence.I have avoided then previously, but totally won over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back