Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I made a sideproject webapp for finding flights to see Port play interstate. Tell me what to improve.

FootyFlights.com.au (v1)

It's not the best thing you'll see this year but I'm looking for early feedback to make the next version better.
This is handy. Well done.

Ross has been stalking Nankervis for 3 years or so. So far, it hasn't convinced him to come to Port.
At least I've got my buddy Doogie Howard to support.

How the bloke `won ' AFL captain of the year two years in a row just about defies belief, you really do have to wonder if those who voted for Tex were taking the p*ss. :rolleyes:
Remember when one of the Lonie's won toughest player in the AFL......
And Cameron Ling was voted sexiest player

I think there is a pattern there.

Hey guys I made a sideproject webapp for finding flights to see Port play interstate. Tell me what to improve.

FootyFlights.com.au (v1)

It's not the best thing you'll see this year but I'm looking for early feedback to make the next version better.

Once you monetise this by receiving a kickback every time someone buys a flight you should hire the Trivago lass to go through the same process she did in those particular ads, ie. from looking like a mum who's about to paint "upcycled" crate-based outdoor furniture, to a classy dame who wouldn't look out of place riding a one-gear bicycle down the Champs-Élysées

How the bloke `won ' AFL captain of the year two years in a row just about defies belief, you really do have to wonder if those who voted for Tex were taking the p*ss. :rolleyes:
Remember when one of the Lonie's won toughest player in the AFL......
And Cameron Ling was voted sexiest player

I think there is a pattern there.
Tex Walker to be voted 2018 Most Symmetrical Ears

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the first quarter of our 2017 opening game. Two plays, specifically, have caught my attention.

SPP's goal began in our D50. We did the transition in full speed, handballing through Sydney's players as if they were street cones, until the ball was kicked to a wide-open SPP inside the O50. Perfect execution.

The other play, Sydney had the ball in their D50. We went on it like the plague. Sydney started to hand the ball backwards, while our pressure went on. They eventually were able to kick the ball away, but only after I thought a rush behind was inevitable. We pushed them 30-40m back.

Great footy!

=

Janus

Those plays (in our first game of the season, when a team is supposed to struggle playing by heart) reminded me of what you said about the kind of footy we want to play. It is as lethal as beautiful.

=

I have the impression that kicking the ball for contested marks is a lazy play. I didn't like when we did it. We play better when we try to find open men.

Last edited:
We play better when we try to find open men.
...and our players run to space to create the option. Too often I'm yelling at the game "give him something Port".
Our player with ball is looking for options but sees/gets nothing so bombs it to a contest or hugs the boundary.
When the good sides 'bottle' us up Ken reaches for the coke.

Once you monetise this by receiving a kickback every time someone buys a flight you should hire the Trivago lass to go through the same process she did in those particular ads, ie. from looking like a mum who's about to paint "upcycled" crate-based outdoor furniture, to a classy dame who wouldn't look out of place riding a one-gear bicycle down the Champs-Élysées
the Trivago lass is my favourite thing on tv at the moment

Tiger sucks! Two bad experiences with them in the past, now I work for a rival airline and never have to fly with them ever again.

And f**k Aerocare too, the outsourced company that does their baggage handling

I flew tiger once. It was fine. Better than the REX flight before where I asked for a beer and the attendant said 'we don't keep alcohol for the 4am flight... No one really wants to drink in these hours...'

I wanted to drink! I had half an hour to kill! Get to the airport and then the alehouse wasn't even open! Like shit, I had fighters to coach, how am I supposed to be a coach of athletes if I couldn't be Billy Bob from Bad News Bears?

Sent from mTalk

Ex-Power star knew 'the writing was on the wall'
WESTERN Bulldogs recruit Jackson Trengove knew his nine-year career at Port Adelaide was over when he wasn't selected for the club's elimination final loss to West Coast.
When Trengove reflects on Port's heartbreaking finals exit last September, the key defender feels he could have made a difference, with Eagles tall forwards Josh Kennedy, Jack Darling and Drew Petrie combing for eight goals in the two-point extra-time loss.
More ...
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-09/expower-star-trengoveknew-the-writing-was-on-the-wall
Interesting .. Trengove and his partner expecting twins in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back