Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also like how the prevailing opinion at Crowland seems to be ‘losing Jake Lever is fine because we’ve replaced him with Tom Doedee’. Putting aside for a moment that Doedee isn’t fit to carry Lever’s bags ... you could’ve had both? Like, Doedee could’ve come into the side to replace a spud like Kelly or Hartigan which would have been a net positive, rather than being forced to ‘replace’ a bloke who’d just made the AA squad. But obviously that requires too much brainpower for the average Crow fan to figure out.
There must be something rotten there @shulz
I also like how the prevailing opinion at Crowland seems to be ‘losing Jake Lever is fine because we’ve replaced him with Tom Doedee’. Putting aside for a moment that Doedee isn’t fit to carry Lever’s bags ... you could’ve had both? Like, Doedee could’ve come into the side to replace a spud like Kelly or Hartigan which would have been a net positive, rather than being forced to ‘replace’ a bloke who’d just made the AA squad. But obviously that requires too much brainpower for the average Crow fan to figure out.
Theres something rotten there mate. Walker i dont know who cares. Its our time to shine. **** them. **** them.

They aren't forced out, they sell the games to these other stadiums for about $500k because they make more net of stadium game day costs and if they only sell one game they usually still charge members the same price as 11 games when they only play 10. They sell games against low drawing non Vic clubs.

Tasmania is a bit different because the Hawks started with 2 games there for about $500k as well as St Kilda in 2001 but at end of 2006 St Kilda said no more games in Tassie, but the Hawks signed a big sponsorship deal with the Tasmanian government in 2007 worth about $1.8m to put TASMANIA on the jumper and play 4 games in Tassie and got $300k a game. That value now is about $2.3m per year for the jumper sponsorship and about $1.4m for the 4 games per year.

The reason they didn't get $500k in the 2007 deal was because the 4 game deal the Tassie government said you can sell 4 game memberships and you can keep 100% of those sales and we keep the gate ticket sales like under the $500k deals.

The Hawks sell about 7,000 x 4 game memberships for an average of $150 so they are still better off receiving the $300k then adjusted for Consumer Price Index since 2007 than getting the $500k per game indexed for inflation.

Lack of vision, it seems. The resulting product is worse on TV, and clubs may have lost a bit of their identity. There are things money can't buy...

Lack of vision, it seems. The resulting product is worse on TV, and clubs may have lost a bit of their identity. There are things money can't buy...
Yes and no.

The AFL compensate the Vic club by including an away game at the MCG as part of the membership deal because the MCG has 100,000 capacity and the 2/3rds of the game are less than 60,000 so you have room to compensate the Vic based members with a general admission seat for that away game.

Tasmania and Hawthorn is different because the Hawks built a 2nd market like some NFL teams have done over the years.plus they have been getting $1m premium for their jumper sponsorship from the Tassie government so that has helped them become a powerhouse club both on and off the field.

The Hawks Vic based members don't get 4 away game compensation at the MCG but they get 1 or 2 games compensation.

Don Pyke at 3/4 time

hqdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we play Melbourne in a month. How will we go?

We are currently @1.50 to win. We have a ruckman and possibly more depth though the middle, our back six will hold up we make the most of our entries forward we will go well.

My fav is trading Vince for Matt Crouch (pick 23) was great trading by the club.... hey dullard, if you didn’t cheat you could have kept your picks and had both.

It’s actually weird seeing Melbourne being able to football.
They might be starting to get the right pieces together but it’s the way they’re actually disposing of the footy at the moment.
They were butchering it in the first few rounds but kept a close eye on them last few weeks and yesterday, their field kicking is way above standard.
Also kicked over 100 points on match day for the past month.
...and this is Melbourne we are talking about.

I didn’t see the losing margin until now, yowsers, did Eddie get a pocket named after him though?
The town's been renamed "Eddie Springs" and the pocket in front of the "Betts Stand" at "Eddie Park" is affectionately known as the "Eddie Betts Pocket" by "Eddie Territorians".

Running through Sydney Park this morning... and I see some campaigner wearing a Crows guernsey on his morning jog.

"Flashpoint - Stevie Motlop," I said as we passed and he gave me the finger, lol.

Now I see the Crows got smashed and that somewhat lessens my despair at going back to Adelaide this morning...

I enjoy Carlton losses still more than any others.

Such entitlement.
Such favouritism.
Such inequality.
Such arrogance.
Such irrelevance.

**** em off, and I don't mean to Tassie or NZ or NT or anything, I mean back down to the VFA.

Actually, why not both?

Sent from mTalk

Carlton losses are too frequent to get too much joy out of though. If you eat your favourite food or listen to your favourite album every week, the law of diminishing returns has to come into play at some point.

The injury excuses are great. Conveniently ignoring the fact that their younger players have been utterly useless.

Kelly 9 dsp 1 tackle
Fogarty 9 dsp 1 tackle
Poholke 9 dsp 1 tackle
Gallucci 7 disposals

And you're not going to win many games when Greenwood is your best midfielder.

Injuries though wahhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back