Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i honestly didn’t see any cheating🤷‍♀️

The worst decision of the night was the deliberate against Daniel so it wasn’t a complete fix at least.

Lincoln McCarthy causing possession to be reversed due to minor off ball contact was ‘interesting’, as was the last decision of the game in the ruck.

The worst decision of the night was the deliberate against Daniel so it wasn’t a complete fix at least.

No such rule as 'deliberate'. The rule is interpreted as insufficient intent to keep the ball in play. Kicking the ball out of the air knowing it could go anywhere meets that description pretty well I think.

But agree. Astronema is right. Umpiring was pretty balanced and played no unfair determination in final result.

Need the club on the front foot in the media this week making it clear how finals football shouldn't be dominated by umpiring decision, how they really need to reward the ball player not the guys who throw their heads back, dive forward and shovel out throws.
Inb4 hearing "You played for that Robbie" over the umpire's mic after the attempted decapitation of Gray.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No such rule as 'deliberate'. The rule is interpreted as insufficient intent to keep the ball in play. Kicking the ball out of the air knowing it could go anywhere meets that description pretty well I think.

I know what you are saying but kicking a normal drop punt with intent to hit your teammate could also go anywhere.

Not quite. They played at home in the second week and then got to play an away PF against a team with no supporters.

We all talk about the grand final umpiring, but if GWS were given a fair shake in the PF the grand final would have been a sydney derby.

Lincoln McCarthy causing possession to be reversed due to minor off ball contact was ‘interesting’, as was the last decision of the game in the ruck.
Didn't see the McCarthy one as I popped away from Tv for about 8 seconds and missed it.

McInerney all second half at centre bounce was using his body to sort of block English to leap and miss the ball so that it would land in his hands and he gets the clearance. Wasn't surprised one was finally paid.

Bonts and the Tickytack flopper look out, both teams exhausted. Reckon it was a good game and pretty happy with the result.

Watch the narrative sway to ‘Bevo’s Travelling Willburries’ and the likes

**hate too see injuries

A good result for us.

- We play a team we beat 3 weeks ago at their home ground
- Weightman out with concussion
- Bruce and Martin out for the year
- Bontempelli won’t be 100%
- Since we played them, we’ve slept in our own beds, they’ve been in quarantine and flown to Tasmania, Brisbane, Perth then Adelaide

It will be tough. Their midfield is fantastic. Their weakness is their tall players- English, Young, Naughton and Keath v Lycett, Ladhams, Aliir, McKenzie, Jonas, Marshall and Dixon.

There is no chance we take this lightly after what happened last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back