Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be in the Crows interests to lose to WCE next week to retain their bottom 6 draw status for 2024 - a win might see them as high as 9th or 10th and miss out on drafting the next Jaycee Cohen.
Perfect. Best case scenario once Saints won was that the Dogs won their next 2 and the Crows won both their games and finished 9th, would've been perfect. So if it can still happen. All the better.

His Ken comments wow

Well it's true and his defence will be "yeah look that was all in jest".

What's that old saying..."many a truth said in jest". The McAdam incident is what they shouldn't be able to get away with,

particularly in light of our $100K fine which will effect our soft cap next year.

Shitty Daks saluting the crowd is what makes me smile as much as the result and the fact it was the Josh Jenkin's post.

Seriously you can't make this stuff up. No-one would believe you.

fall over top of the pops GIF by BBC

We're on our way to finals ... oh *!

Saints win took finals out of their hands anyway. Dogs win against Eagles and Geel and Crows were done regardless. Probably the only consolation they can take us that they were pretty much already out of the race.

Louis Theroux look a like was involved in the Josh Jenkins goal according to Matt Turner of the 'Tsier.

I am dying for Tim Minchin to write a song about "recency bias" so I can post it on the Cows board and get my first BF ban <naive idiot grin>

Saints win took finals out of their hands anyway. Dogs win against Eagles and Geel and Crows were done regardless. Probably the only consolation they can take us that they were pretty much already out of the race.
I don’t think so.

reverse tonights result and you get GWS 7th on 48, Sydney 8th on 46, Adelaide 9th on 44.
Dogs win would take them to 8th on 48, pushing Syd to 9th and Adelaide to 10th.
Adelaide the best percentage of the lot, so a win against eagles would take them to 48 and 7th.

So 2 of GWS (away to Carl) , Syd (home to Melb) and WB (away to Geel) would have to win to keep Adelaide out.

I think tonights mistake costs Adelaide a finals spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the Jenkins “goal”, was that when kern came out & said how these decisions are important to get right, people’s livelihoods etc are at stake(I’m paraphrasing) and everyone said he was a whiny bitch??

What are you taught very early on? Play to the whistle.
After the umps 2 arms go down, yep go pounce about in row d. Minute to go on a near thing, that’s Keays being selfish. And the rest celebrating with him are stupid.

Still, thank you dickheads for the funniest thing to happen in a game for some time.

Just saw the finish to Adelaide Sydney

You know I'll put my thoughts in a spoiler so I don't ruin it for anybody that wants to watch on replay, but I have several thoughts about that last goal by Ben Keays and the way it was adjudicated...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just saw the finish to Adelaide Sydney

You know I'll put my thoughts in a spoiler so I don't ruin it for anybody that wants to watch on replay, but I have several thoughts about that last goal by Ben Keays and the way it was adjudicated...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
A mature, reasonable and insightful take on the subject, I recommend that all Crows fans read it.

It was always out of their hands but if they had won they could have jumped Sydney (v Melbourne) and GWS (v Carlton) in the last round. They weren't solely reliant on the Bulldogs.

I thought it was unlikely but it was a possibility. But the loss scotched any hope.

On the Jenkins “goal”, was that when kern came out & said how these decisions are important to get right, people’s livelihoods etc are at stake(I’m paraphrasing) and everyone said he was a whiny bitch??

What are you taught very early on? Play to the whistle.
After the umps 2 arms go down, yep go pounce about in row d. Minute to go on a near thing, that’s Keays being selfish. And the rest celebrating with him are stupid.

Still, thank you dickheads for the funniest thing to happen in a game for some time.
On that Jenkins goal, I distinctly remember Crows fans going off about wrecking our season and the end of our time in the sun, and they could put their season aside and concentrate on the following year.

That was 5 years ago. They haven’t made finals since.

The goal umpire had the perfect view and had no hesitation in calling that it hit the post and yet all of these dumbasses think they can tell whether it hit the post from a piece of two dimensional vision filmed from a camera angle that has no way of concluding what did or didn't happen. Amazing stuff.

Just got home to watch the replay after seeing all the comments here and elsewhere. The umpire called it without hesitation and no one apart from the crow fans and Keays (who was in the worst position to judge) were overly upset at the call.

But because its the Crows and the media in this pissant town are in a never ending circle jerk with West Lakes we get 'robbery' headlines and idiots on crows forums calling for Royal Commissions and threatening the goal umpire.

Embarrassing over-reaction.

Edit: Dwayne raising the possibility of employing an audio engineer at games 'to listen for the difference between a ball hitting the padding and a hand hitting the padding' is peak idiocy.

I can just imagine our best and brightest future acoustic engineers struggling with the career choice of joining the navy to work as sonar engineers in our billion dollar AUKUS subs listening for the different frequencies of Chinese subs or sitting in a booth at AFL games waiting for the chance to determine whether a footy or a hand touched the padding of a goal post at Adelaide Oval.

content_dam_mae_online_articles_2015_march_submarine_sonar_9_march_2015.png

Last edited:
Just got home to watch the replay after seeing all the comments here and elsewhere. The umpire called it without hesitation and no one apart from the crow fans and Keays (who was in the worst position to judge) were overly upset at the call.

But because its the Crows and the media in this pissant town are in a never ending circle jerk with West Lakes we get 'robbery' headlines and idiots on crows forums calling for Royal Commissions and threatening the goal umpire.

Embarrassing over-reaction.
Crow-vertiser already on the job. I suggest they hire Josh Jenkins as an expert.

IMG_1795.jpeg

The goal umpire had the perfect view and had no hesitation in calling that it hit the post and yet all of these dumbasses think they can tell whether it hit the post from a piece of two dimensional vision filmed from a camera angle that has no way of concluding what did or didn't happen. Amazing stuff.
Where'd the idea come from that the goal umpire thought it had the padding anyone besides just the commentators musings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back