Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crow-vertiser already on the job. I suggest they hire Josh Jenkins as an expert.
It might have been a wrong call but there is no evidence to overturn it and it sure as heck wasn't the only wrong call in the game.

We either back the umps or we don't. And if we don't then the AFL can spend millions of dollars upgrading technology resulting in many minutes lost in pointless reviews and still provide no assurance that it will be anything close to 100% accurate.

Just rejoice at the fact that this game has produced this moment:

IMG-20230819-213845.jpg

So I was at work all day, saw the result but not the circumstances behind it until now. Amazing.
Please tell me 5AA puts up the post match stuff for streaming afterwards? Or has anyone recorded it/could point me in the right direction of how to listen to Rowe shitting himself? Need some new material for the shed.

I hope it doesn't burn them too much. Just as much as the 2021 prelim loss burned our players.
Well if it means they start 2024 with 5 straight losses, then I'm with you!!!

Just got home to watch the replay after seeing all the comments here and elsewhere. The umpire called it without hesitation and no one apart from the crow fans and Keays (who was in the worst position to judge) were overly upset at the call.

But because its the Crows and the media in this pissant town are in a never ending circle jerk with West Lakes we get 'robbery' headlines and idiots on crows forums calling for Royal Commissions and threatening the goal umpire.

Embarrassing over-reaction.

Edit: Dwayne raising the possibility of employing an audio engineer at games 'to listen for the difference between a ball hitting the padding and a hand hitting the padding' is peak idiocy.

I can just imagine our best and brightest future acoustic engineers struggling with the career choice of joining the navy to work as sonar engineers in our billion dollar AUKUS subs listening for the different frequencies of Chinese subs or sitting in a booth at AFL games waiting for the chance to determine whether a footy or a hand touched the padding of a goal post at Adelaide Oval.

content_dam_mae_online_articles_2015_march_submarine_sonar_9_march_2015.png

Looked to be clear of the post by a mile from this angle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows fans ringing in saying yeah look I think it scraped the padding

Rowie -

You're a joke you're not a crows fan
Barry from ? didn't catch it who rang in to politely suggest the Crows didn't lose it with that final kick they lost it with the previous points kicked and the shocking first half - Rowies response "you can get stuffed Barry you Port flog....." they had to dump the call. The only time 5aa is bareable is after a crows loss and this evening was EPIC. Loved it. I might have to listen to the podcast to relive it again.

While it’s a joy to behold

I fear for what’s awaiting us in the finals. This shows the utter incompetency of the AFL. I can’t remember a worse year of umpiring TBH

Its poetically beautiful that ultimately it was the Crows over the top figjam soccer celebrations that cost them the season.

At no point did the ump look like calling it a goal, he called post immediately and play resumed (rightly or wrongly) if they'd been playing to the whistle rather than fellating themselves with the crowd they probably would've given themselves another chance anyway....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Balls trajectory and spin changed imo. Slid off post about 2ft above padding.

Looked again and I think I’m wrong on this - I’m fact I’m pretty confident I’m wrong. Maybe you get an optical illusion when the oval ball is spinning near a post but there seems to be a gap on some of the other video out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back