Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Here we are toiling away in the mid table abyss for 12 years. Collingwood pop up from nowhere, pinch a flag, and are now back to shit in no time.

Just highlights again, winning a flag isn't just about the individuals, it's about a coach getting a group to just work at the right time. Because they have a generally mediocre group on field. Ultimately though they got lucky, they play GWS away in the prelim or Bris in the GF and they lose both. They found a way to do it though. We've had our chances in home finals and haven't been able to do the same.

Suns and Collingwood horrific goal kicking losing them today's matches

Not the better teams but you cant miss like this and have a chance to hang in there

Was at the suns game and the wind at the scoreboard end was insane. High winds plus that end is totally exposed.

Rowell did one kick that traveled much further left to right than it travelled forward lol.

We can’t kick straight in perfect conditions.

Wasn’t that his first full game of AFL-level footy for the year returning from knee surgery?

And he only turned 22 a fortnight ago.

I’m all for downplaying their alleged jets, but comparing him to Vichy Dixon is harsh.
Not comparing him to Dixon talent wise. Big with a beard about does it. Tilthorp however has been talked up far too much this far into his career.

Here we are toiling away in the mid table abyss for 12 years. Collingwood pop up from nowhere, pinch a flag, and are now back to shit in no time.

Just highlights again, winning a flag isn't just about the individuals, it's about a coach getting a group to just work at the right time. Because they have a generally mediocre group on field. Ultimately though they got lucky, they play GWS away in the prelim or Bris in the GF and they lose both. They found a way to do it though. We've had our chances in home finals and haven't been able to do the same.
I actually think it's a credit to them to even be close to the 8 with the draw plus absolutely horror injury run this season. It's just been too much to overcome but next year they will be back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thilthorpe is going to be a very good footballer. And so he should. He was pick 2. They finished bottom of the ladder to pick him up. Even if we tried to rebuild for a couple of years from here we couldn’t finish low enough to pick up a player like him due to our midfield, yet still managed to get those players like Horne Francis and Rozee through astute trading.

Not comparing him to Dixon talent wise. Big with a beard about does it. Tilthorp however has been talked up far too much this far into his career.

I don't think he's got much hype, very much disappeared off the radar due to injuries. But yeah can't really judge based on a first full AFL game in forever, on a fast deck. Still kicked 2 and had an Essendon defender hanging off him at every contest. If he'd got the frees they were getting at the other end, would have at least 2 or 3 more shots.

I reckon he'll be way better than Dixon, unless the injuries keep coming

Unpopular opinion but the trio of Day, Worpel and Newcombe is just about the best midfield trio in the game, just behind Heeney, Warner and Gulden at the moment and currently performing better, more consistently and tougher than our golden trio.

If I could take one midfielder from another club, I reckon it would be Day. He is one helluva player. So strong, tough and skillful. Although seemingly scrawny through the chest and arms, he’s got thick, muscular legs. His power is exceptional.

Hate someone like Craig Mcrae hates Ginnivan

I don't think he's got much hype, very much disappeared off the radar due to injuries. But yeah can't really judge based on a first full AFL game in forever, on a fast deck. Still kicked 2 and had an Essendon defender hanging off him at every contest. If he'd got the frees they were getting at the other end, would have at least 2 or 3 more shots.

I reckon he'll be way better than Dixon, unless the injuries keep coming
Personally cannot wait for Dixon to retire. We need a new coach coaching group so that we hopefully can see the full worth of Lord and Marshall under a decent game plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back