Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf happened at the cattery tonight? Was too focused on our blockbuster.
Bevo was dancing and doing little jigs and double cobras.

Oh wait

is that the same Gold Coast who havent lost to anybody at home this year????

A true powerhouse club. We've got a long way to go to be like Gold Coast.

If Collingwood misses finals, it'll be the first time in 52 years the reigning V/AFL premier has missed finals in back-to-back seasons.​

The last four premiers (Richmond 20, Melbourne 21, Geelong 22, now Pies) have not won a final at all since their flag.​

So we're in elite company, we just forgot to win the flags in 2014 and then in 2021 to justify the shitshow afterwards.

Unpopular opinion but the trio of Day, Worpel and Newcombe is just about the best midfield trio in the game, just behind Heeney, Warner and Gulden at the moment and currently performing better, more consistently and tougher than our golden trio.

If I could take one midfielder from another club, I reckon it would be Day. He is one helluva player. So strong, tough and skillful. Although seemingly scrawny through the chest and arms, he’s got thick, muscular legs. His power is exceptional.

Yep I'd take Day for Houston and a pick swap over Kozzie anyway of the week. Mostly because Kozzie gets most of his goals on the wide MCG, never be as damaging playing the majorityof games on the narrower Adeaide oval.

Day, Butters and JHF in the midfield, with Rozee, Wines, Mead and Drew is a solid midfield unit.

Can dream though, SA lad too.

Geelong are a 10th-14th team who will most likely finish top 4 purely off the back of having a piss easy draw. If you were playing them in finals you would be licking your lips - they are complete piss.

Maybe their players have heard that Chris Scott has bought a house in Swanbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney v Brisbane GF is on the cards
Call it South Melbourne vs Fitzroy and maybe the AFL will allow it, but I still think they'll want Carlton to be there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back