Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do you think we'll be after 65 years in the AFL? we are currently tracking towards 1 flag in 30 years
Well that’s hard to tell, one thing I can guarantee you is I won’t be around to see how that works out.
My point was using Collingwood as some sort of marker for success is laughable.
Yes they won last year but they are not a successful club over time.
If your going to go down that road Hawthorn are a much better example as a successful club.
They have won flags in the 60’s,70’s,80’s,90’s and 3 times this century.
The Collingwood love is astounding when you look at how many times they’ve failed on the big stage.
Now to answer your first part I’m not expecting premiership success for sometime.
We are a Constipated Club that needs a total clean out.
If you want true success over a long time you must have successful people running the show.
That is our number one problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How wonderful that norf have taken our traditional jumper and incorporated the design as their own. Meanwhile down at Alberton...

I'm getting excited at the prospect of the top 4 being all "interstate" teams.
Brisbane coming good at the right time. My favourite.

And yes Sydney have lost 4 games this year - for a total deficit of just 10 points (Richmond by 5, Dockers by 1, Saints by 2, Lions by 2). Which makes the commentary tonight of that friggin lazy FoxFooty commentator Montagna that 'Sydney have come back to the pack' look just ridiculous. Look past the stats sheets and the W/L columns you idiot...this is a team managing its season pretty damned well.

But the Grand Final being played at the MCG gives Carlton and Geelong an effective home ground advantage if they make it, despite being nowhere near them in terms of consistent high performance.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back