Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel more people are rallying around petracca tbh. The heat is well and truly on Melbourne
People, yes. People in the media, no.

Read any of Damian Barrett's utter horseshit on the matter? If not I envy you.

Wait there's a Gary Ayers Medal as well for the best player across the finals? lol how many more useless awards can we come up with and name after every Victorian that ever lived.
and yet Daniel Frawley still doesn't have one. AFL missed a massive chance by not making 'the golden fist' an official defenders award, or a Daniel Frawley best defender medal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dogs vs Hawks EF being spruiked as the box-office draw of the finals tells you all you need to know about the league. They'll lose their minds with 2 PFs outside of Victoria or a non-Vic GF.
Disagree. I think this is the most exciting final of the weekend as well. Hawks have just gained so much hype over the back half of this year. It is insane what they are doing.

I reckon the Dogs are likely to burst the Hawthorn bubble emphatically tbh

Seems to me that the narrative by the Vic media is that the Dogs are premiership favourites and by some considerable margin. Just hope the umpires don't join the party during this finals series like they did in 2016.

If they can name medals after the ghosts of the VFL days of yore there's no reason why WAFL & SANFL legends can't have AFL awards named after them.
I agree but won’t happen, those players of the past aren’t respected.

Nathan Bourke on ABC radio summed it up. A caller who challenged the panel by saying it’s not the VfL anymore and it should become more current and VfL ties pushed back like other states.

He said players came for a season or two were legends of their leagues but couldn’t make it in the big league. I’m assuming he may have been referring to a Cornes and Ebert.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back