Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, Laura Kane when she gets our letter

cersei-dont-care.gif
Shags brother

I don’t believe Dean Cox is out on the West Coast job.

They have no need to put him through a process given the close proximity Pyke had to him at Sydney. If he was is no one else would apply so they’ll go through the process to identify someone in the open market and if no one stacks up they’ll go back to Cox with a godfather offer only WC could produce.

I don’t believe Dean Cox is out on the West Coast job.

They have no need to put him through a process given the close proximity Pyke had to him at Sydney. If he was is no one else would apply so they’ll go through the process to identify someone in the open market and if no one stacks up they’ll go back to Cox with a godfather offer only WC could produce.

Yes, we can. Assistants need to notify their clubs by August 31st (all tho we aren’t their yet) whether they are staying put or not. Sydney also wouldn’t have confirmed it unless they had his full backing.

Yes, we can. Assistants need to notify their clubs by August 31st (all tho we aren’t their yet) whether they are staying put or not. Sydney also wouldn’t have confirmed it unless they had his full backing.
I think it’s the other way around - clubs need to notify their assistants if they are keeping them or not.

So did we ever get the concussion money back ? The amount of consistency with the concussion rule is horse shit..
No, because according the the fake laws the AFL pretend to run we were guilty.

McKay, like Aliir last year, was clearly in Koosbane.

How about a please explain from the AFL as to why the umpire threw the ball up right next to him, despite his Carlton teammates telling said umpire there was a head injury and a guy on the ground.
Duty of care applies to the league as well.

Sydney premiership player Sam Reid has announced his retirement, effective immediately. Reid was getting closer to an AFL return but suffered an injury setback in the VFL.

Sydney premiership player Sam Reid has announced his retirement, effective immediately. Reid was getting closer to an AFL return but suffered an injury setback in the VFL.
I was surprised to learn that Sam Reid was still on Sydney's list last year.

I'm even more surprised to learn that he didn't retire at the end of last year.

Remember when Sam Reid and John Butcher were the next big star forwards?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember when Sam Reid was the cover star of the latest AFL video game, he had probably played 30 games

Random observations, but was interested in looking up Josh Treacy’s stats for Freo given that they are travelling so well and he is up to 39 goals for the year. This guy was a rookie pick in 2020 and is younger than both Georgiades and Lord. His stats are marginally better than Mitch’s across all indices for this year and clearly much better than both Marshall and Lord too. They then have Jye Amis who is another year younger again and is average 1.6 goals in a season some would say has been underwhelming for him. When you add in Jackson and Darcy’s dominance, their outstanding midfield group which is comfortably smashing the comp in clearances and the fact they will have a very good draft hand this year despite probably finishing in the top 6, it’s all pretty ominous.

Good on them. They have lost good players in recent seasons (Schultz, Henry, Logue stand out, but Lobb and Tucker also), but have drafted and developed exceptionally well across the ground, not just at HB or in the midfield. Much stronger list than ours IMO.

Random observations, but was interested in looking up Josh Treacy’s stats for Freo given that they are travelling so well and he is up to 39 goals for the year. This guy was a rookie pick in 2020 and is younger than both Georgiades and Lord. His stats are marginally better than Mitch’s across all indices for this year and clearly much better than both Marshall and Lord too. They then have Jye Amis who is another year younger again and is average 1.6 goals in a season some would say has been underwhelming for him. When you add in Jackson and Darcy’s dominance, their outstanding midfield group which is comfortably smashing the comp in clearances and the fact they will have a very good draft hand this year despite probably finishing in the top 6, it’s all pretty ominous.

Good on them. They have lost good players in recent seasons (Schultz, Henry, Logue stand out, but Lobb and Tucker also), but have drafted and developed exceptionally well across the ground, not just at HB or in the midfield. Much stronger list than ours IMO.
And they've got three first rounders to come this year too (one of them being ours).

You just know we're now going to see more of him than ever now...

View attachment 2056868

Yeah, he fell in love with his own reflection and loved to yak to much.

BUT....(get those neg buttons ready)

Controversial opinion - he was one of the better AFL umpires during his time and the only one I can think of who had the courage to front up to the media and account for, not just his own decisions, but those of his fellow umpires.

And the fact that he wasn't allowed to umpire Grand Finals because he couldn't consistently bounce the ball is laughable given what we see dished up every week across the games. Also signals the AFL focus on 'look of the game' rather than the 'laws of the game' and 'consistency' when it comes to umpiring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Back