Autopsy Port overrun Dogs 66-64

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem with the ruck is we are playing either English or Young and both are nice footballers, they have no mongrel in them, when was the last time a nice ruckman worked?

Ruckman need agro, they need to thrive on contact and have a thirst for the contest, you can get away with an average ruck if they have that, you can’t get away with an average nice ruck

He explained pre-match that Martin needed game time after so long off with injury & he’ll get that this weekend in the VFL. Sweet wasn’t mentioned but perhaps is similarly affected by the same lack of recent VFL games.

The answer to that is to ****ing play Sweet in the seniors instead of leaving English one out for a month.

Plenty of mounting evidence regarding the lack of mental strength of this group. Another elimination final loss will seal it.
Been saying it all year.
They don't have it upstairs and it starts from the top. I love Bont but he isn't a captain. And we are in desperate need of a proper football department that holds the head coach accountable!

Dog shit. I'm done. This year has been ****ed and I'm done.

Pressure rating in the second half was atrocious 208 (Elite) for Port to 175 (Below Average) for us.

Do you have an effective tackle count for the game with an break down of the two halves?

Not that I expect there to be significant difference. Its a part of the game we do not excel in.

F*** the coach.
F*** the players.

F*** the club.

How did we end up here from where we were 3 weeks ago? You useless bunch of campaigners.

You'd hope there is a decent list reset at year's end. Some rated players need to be used to flush out quality to fill gaps.

As of tonight though, they can all go f*** themselves. I pay over $1,000 p.a. of my hard-earned for the privilege of subsidising these entitled campaigners, while trying to keep a family mentally healthy through a pandemic. YOU F***ING CAMPAIGNERS.

He explained pre-match that Martin needed game time after so long off with injury & he’ll get that this weekend in the VFL. Sweet wasn’t mentioned but perhaps is similarly affected by the same lack of recent VFL games.

Game time? So we don't play Martin and go in with no recognised ruck (English can't ruck).

Ahhhh, I need a drink before I got completely nuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that’s the case, something has happened recently because you don’t get to where we did this year with disunity.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We are a total train wreck right now. That's not on the players....

You know what.

devastating. But outplayed.Hard to win when you give the other team a head start constantly. We tried to address it in the off season but when has that ever worked for the dogs?

credit to port. Unrelenting pressure.

our boys gave it their all and I am so proud of them. So tough and we pressured them and defended them right back the whole game.

last quarter we were just too dizzy for the counterpunches to land.

hopefully we get a look at our team with 120 minutes of not shithouse rucking before the season ends

Everyone’s effort was great. Sadly Baz just couldn’t do anything right tonight

Not buying that Port should’ve won that, yeah they controlled a lot of general play, but they were relying on pot shots 50m out all night in a messy attack, they nailed a couple of random ones. Meh, they were blue collar all night and work their arse off, but very little polish.

Is it just me, or do we always seem a goal short on a momentum surge? Tonight has a few of them, Hunter miss (kicks that, do we run away with it?), Weightman misses a snap, a few butchered/slow plays going into attack. Just seems a habit.

If you haven’t had a gut full of Beveridge’s hate for ruckman then you’re not fair dinkum. With even a semi-competent set up there we’re a game or 2 clear on top. Either get over it Bevo or piss off. Pretty simple.

Also, on that last quarter, we were too slow after winning so many key balls on the wing. We wait until there’s 10 seconds left then the pull trigger which almost pays off. That was probably the game in the end (take another risk or 2 and we find that other goal).

Just need to win 4 games like we did in ‘16. Makes for a better finals DVD set. I still have faith in this team. Even if we don’t win it all, I’ll renew my membership next year like I’ve done every year since I’ve had a paying job - & only one of those years gave me a Premiership so why would I stop now?

I agree. I’m paying for four memberships and won’t stop.

But are we destined to see our guys drop out in every finals series for the next five years because we have shitty, shitty, structure and rucks and waste basically a gilt-edged opportunity to win a flag?

Bailey Smith with about 2.10 left. Takes way too long to allow Bonner to get back, shanks the kick anyway, With 2 minutes left you just have to take the game on through the corridor. He was way too English centric, if he'd looked in the most direct avenue to goal on the fat side (as you should when you're behind with 2 minutes left) he would have realised that all we would have needed to do is take the 50m on the kick + knocked it on, or won possession and gotten it over the top, and we would have run into an open goal. Smith was woeful. Or handball over the top to Weightman. You can't let them get numbers back like he did.

1629464260011.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Port overrun Dogs 66-64

Remove this Banner Ad

Back