Autopsy Port overrun Dogs 66-64

Remove this Banner Ad

It's times like this when I shoot off an email to old mate Ammeet Bains.

To his credit, and no matter how much I vent, he always responds.

Rolled the dice on what his email address might be once and turned out to be correct.

Say hi from me! He stopped talking to me

Hinkley just expressed surprise in his presser that English didn’t ruck & talked up Lycett’s dominance.

I’m staying up for Bev’s presser not expecting much. He might cry, he looks pretty broken these days
He's too busy fiddling with his useless Face Diaper in the coaches box being politically correct..

A lots been said already that I agree with but maybe a different perspective

- Young was OkK and not the worst but he doesn't play with any confidence only at the end did he start going for marks - he won't win the tapouts but must take marks around the ground. Martin would have played if he was Ok unfortunately Sweet has not shown any better - so may not have a better option

- Wood was very poor until right at the end. He, Dunkley and VDM have not come back in form - Richards may be an alternative. Defence was otherwise pretty good. Williams looks so slow compared to earlier in the year. Heath, Daniel, Duryea were very good and Dale was ok but dropped off a few tackles that hurt us.

- We lost because our mids were beaten - Bont, Libba, Smith and Dunkey all very poor. macrae and trelor were Ok. Smith has not had a good game for a while and has gone back to panic football and running the wrong way in a blind turn. Hunter and R.Smith were ok. Bont must be injured at most of the crucial centres he was playing forward - we needed him there and put Dunkley forward or play Lipinski or Wallis

Forward line didn't work - needed JUH - to stop the crowding - Hannan did.some good locking it in but can't kick goals...

Interesting week at selection time.

Didn’t watch the game tonight thank **** but looking at the stats, these last few weeks have thrown bonts brownlow chances away. Wines would have jumped him now.

Do we still have much of a coaching staff? I’ve lost track but Bevo seems to be doing a lot himself and it’s showing.
Bevo's still taking his $400k or $500k per. Harden the **** up Luke and stop pissing my money away.

I think the problem for me is how weak the club is. I know that’s a loaded word but I’m not sure how else you explain this.

24points in the first half of the first quarter, then 40 points in the rest of the game. And we ****ing kicked straight and still ****ed it up!!!!

The last month of footy has been nothing short of embarrassing and I’m ****ing fed up. This last few weeks has been unbelievably bad.

Problem is if we finish 5th next week, which is most likely now, the pressure is all on us. Not the 8th position.

They have a free swing.... And it will be absolutely embarrassing if we lose..

Pressure is well and truly on us..

Bailey Smith with about 2.10 left. Takes way too long to allow Bonner to get back, shanks the kick anyway, With 2 minutes left you just have to take the game on through the corridor. He was way too English centric, if he'd looked in the most direct avenue to goal on the fat side (as you should when you're behind with 2 minutes left) he would have realised that all we would have needed to do is take the 50m on the kick + knocked it on, or won possession and gotten it over the top, and we would have run into an open goal. Smith was woeful. Or handball over the top to Weightman. You can't let them get numbers back like he did.

View attachment 1211821
Yep nailed it

While we had lots of chances earlier in the game that we stuffed up. This was critical with 2 minutes to go. He just had to go quickly and take the game on, look across to the fat side. We lost it at this stage

l
It's times like this when I shoot off an email to old mate Ammeet Bains.

To his credit, and no matter how much I vent, he always responds.

Rolled the dice on what his email address might be once and turned out to be correct.

Do it. Demand answers. Demand someone be held accountable. We're the members, we help pay the bills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way that Smith has been kicking the ball of late. The chances of him hitting that long kick to the open side of the ground would be somewhere around the the same as me having a night with the Queen of England.
Even a shank kick to the corridor with an open 50 and someone waiting in the goalsquare - if we can somehow get it over the top once we win the ground ball - was better than his option - take 6 whole seconds to decide to kick to English, who, if he marked, still would have been 55m from goal with the added disadvantage of Port players finally flooding back.

Speed and recognising the open forward 50 where we literally had 3 against 2 was the critical thing there. Risk the turnover, risk going down by 9 points, to get the goal.

Send us to Tassie to lose the the bummers and that will be the cherry on the sh!t cake Bev has managed to cook the last month.

I cannot understand how people rate this team the best we ever had? The backline is putrid, we have no ruckman and the forward line is one dimensional.

If the midfield can dominate we look ok because the raw numbers going forward over power most teams, that NEVER happens on finals and the chances of it happening 4 weeks in a row is beyond impossible.

Bev adds another record to his list of worsts ever.

Do we still have much of a coaching staff? I’ve lost track but Bevo seems to be doing a lot himself and it’s showing.

Isn’t it King, R.Smith and Hansen? The same heads since 15.
every other club looks to improve and bring bigger names in to assist. We don’t. Ever.

Tackle Attempts / Tackles (Efficiency)

Q1

WB: 27 / 15 (56%)
PA: 22 / 14 (64%)

Q2
WB: 30 / 17 (57%)
PA: 16 / 9 (56%)

Q3
WB: 24 / 10 (42%)
PA: 37 / 21 (57%)

Q4
WB: 24 / 12 (50%)
PA: 33 / 20 (61%)

Match
WB: 105 / 54 (51%)
PA: 108 / 64 (59%)

That second half is the tale of the game for mine.

Cometh the pressure. Cometh a drop in our own intensity.

Its been the same issue all season. One that has been exacerbated by trying to shoehorn potential match winners into the side regardless of fitness.

Dunkley and Treloar started ok, but for the 3rd week in a row fawn badly. Treloar in particular couldn't seem to make any tackles stick as the game wore on.

Their return has been a disaster and blown faecies in our collective faces.

Honestly what would it take to coax Clarkson? The list is full of talent and right in the frame…

I’m done with bevo. What a roller coaster this year has been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Port overrun Dogs 66-64

Remove this Banner Ad

Back