Game Day Port v Bulldogs at AO, Gather Round 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Says a lot about the leadership group Hinkley chose when 2 of the 3 members have been dropped after 4 rounds
Every instinct Hinkley has is wrong, therefore the opposite must be right. Memo to CD:

84593175-aa1e-482b-ab41-9bc19b3ad413_text.gif

Says a lot about the leadership group Hinkley chose when 2 of the 3 members have been dropped after 4 rounds

It’s almost as if gauging the value of your squad by a subjective ‘good person’ metric doesn’t necessarily translate to leadership qualities or winning football matches.

So numb about this game. Type of game we should win but recent history suggest we will s$$T the bed, Kochie to do some media wankfest during the week about sticking it out with Ken and one of the players berating the supporters about being dumb.

Have no idea what to expect tonight

11 years in and we have literally no idea what we’ll serve up in a given week, regardless of opponent or venue.

A rousing endorsement for the Hinkley Program (Rucci, 2017-Pres).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The two games we won my girl watched, the full Brisbane game and the last qtr of the Sydney game. (She watched the first 3qtr of the showdown before going to work)

If we are not too far behind by half time I give us a chance as she gets home around then.
She’s the lucky charm so far.
It’s not superstitious if it’s true.

But in all honesty I’m getting round 2 vibes. One win followed by tripe feeling..

Feels like everytime there's one of these night games against a good opponent, you kinda naturally expect there'll be some home town, big game boost, but I'm convinced that in these games our record must be terrible at AO.

I'm not just talking all night games, which obviously we do have a poor ~50% record for, but the games out of that category, where we were playing an elite opposition that we still thought at home we'd win, but we just don't.

We say it all the time, but we've seen this movie before. Another brave loss, would not surprise anyone.

Nah, there's been plenty of 'he was always a spud' type comments about Jonas which are simply horseshit. His time is definitely done though.
He wasn't always a spud, but he's also never been true AA quality. He (like much of our defense) was made to look ok by flooding everyone back. He was a good (but not great) nullifier, but has always been a shit kick out option and not much of a rebounder. With the game shifted more and more to needing to be able to do more than just nullify, it only highlights his 2020 onwards slow down and inability to do his previous (limited) job even more.

I want to win because Jonas is out. It’s just his time is up, not hate, similar with Lycett and Boak, it happens!

Hinkley making actual footy decisions because his job is on the line!
Or Hinkley being kept out of selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back