Review Port v Carlton, What do you mean we won?

Remove this Banner Ad

How good was his second half?

He was huge, must have had 16 possessions.

He's missed a few kicks for goal this year but he iced that one.

Loved his twin Bergman's game too

This will sound negative but being at the game I think this was much more about Carlton than about us.

After half time Carlton were completely out on their legs. half their side had hands on their hips and were chilling it around with 2 quarters to go. It was as obvious as anything Port were going to steam roll over the top.

Unfortunately many will think it was just a reflection of us being really good rather than that being more about Carlton.

The Blues were out of gas after half time, but a good win none the less.

Miles has elevated his game to another level down back, simply outstanding.

Wines & Drew were our best mids by the length of the straight.

Rat has found his spot up front & should only go back if AA or BZT get injured or suspended.

Dixon is honest, I’ll give him that, but he was destroyed by Weitering tonight.

Highlights for me were the tackling of Bergman, Burgoyne, Drew, Mead, F. Evans and Wines, and the brave intercept marking of BZT, Bergman and Aliir.

Georgiades’ insane accuracy from tough angles and Esava marking strongly and converting those two shots.

Big shout out to JHF’s second half and the easing into the game of Rozee and Butters after HT too.

A very good win.

200w.gif

Me watching the second half

Love the evenness of effort right across the board. Little hands in here and there, great manning up, brilliant double teaming of Curnow.

How good is Bergman overhead? Totally brilliant. A couple of bullet passes tonight.

Burgoyne gets better every week. Closing speed and tackles.

4 posters - could have buried them.

Butters perfect pass to JHF inside 50 and iced the game. Leadership right there from both of them. Imagine the confidence that builds amongst them.

Brilliant win. Total belief winning from 31 points down. Wow, incredible.

2025 down the drain. Hope you all enjoyed your sugar hit.
Yep, this is the big worry.

Undoubtedly the WAY we played that last half, was great. That's what we want to see.

But there's no way you can trust this team or coaching group. If Ken gains breathing space then this is more of a loss than a win.

God I have never heard this 5 day break excuse used as much as tonight. We played Saturday night, they played Sunday arvo, it’s not a huge deal seriously. We also travelled interstate and they haven’t left Melbourne since the 6th July.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Chewey has hitched his wagon to the wrong horse.
Players are invested, playing out of their skins, and passionate.
Our club in no universe would sack Ken this early in the season.
They'll more than likely reward him with an extension on the eve of the finals, then watch us crash and burn :rolleyes:
I'm resigned that he'll be around next season at least.

Never thought id see Hinkley put his ego aside to play esava forward. Dare i say it when he leads up and marks attacks the ball he looked like Mason Cox. Untouchable in the air and his opponents worry so much they give free kicks away

The wankfest over curnow in the first half was cringe when mitch had exactly the same output with one more scoring shot

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port v Carlton, What do you mean we won?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back