Review Port v Carlton, What do you mean we won?

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not his biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, but Dixon did his best tonight.

He was putting the body about everywhere and the new fitness was showing, though he’s still as slow as a cart horse.

Dixon is obviously washed, but if he doesn't play tonight Weitering either gets to play loose and has 15 intercepts, or plays on Rat and crushes him.

At least in the second half I thought Dixon brought the ball to ground most of the time.

Dixon and Sav worked together oddly well, maybe because Sav is so big he doesn't care if he crashes into him and when Charlie holds the pack down Sav can jump over it. Unless Georgie comes along ;)

Horne-Francis with another superb second half with the game on the line. This guy just comes up big so often when we need him to. He's a born winner the likes of which we haven't had since Tredrea.

Also, the 5 day break thing is complete garbage. As if it makes any difference playing on Saturday night v Sunday afternoon. The absence of McKay, Acres and De Koning was much more telling from their perspective.

Dixon and Sav worked together oddly well, maybe because Sav is so big he doesn't care if he crashes into him and when Charlie holds the pack down Sav can jump over it. Unless Georgie comes along ;)
Sav was super happy positive good
Infact his aerial contested work was superb

It was a chuck chuck In the bin monent

Dixon is gone

Rat was 2 x times Dixon

Dixon had very little offensive impact but I felt he limited Weitering really well.

Sav looked great up forward, Carlton clearly weren't prepared for him and he slotted in perfectly.

BZT had a brilliant game, as did Bergman. Heroic in defence. That double tackle for HTB by Bergman was a special effort.

The stoppage performance was absolutely stunning. Sweet, Wines, the big 3, Drew blanketing Cripps. Brilliant.

Ratugolea and Georgiades, finally 2 forwards who can take advantage of the bollard drawing players away.

Yep. The Hot Toddy fans ignoring the fact that Dixon took Weitering which enabled Ratugolea and Georgiades to kick 5 between them. Actually, shouldn't Dixon's mere presence have meant Ratugolea and Georgiades shouldn't have got a kick, as happens with Hot Toddy?

Horne-Francis with another superb second half with the game on the line. This guy just comes up big so often when we need him to. He's a born winner the likes of which we haven't had since Tredrea.

Also, the 5 day break thing is complete garbage. As if it makes any difference playing on Saturday night v Sunday afternoon. The absence of McKay, Acres and De Koning was much more telling from their perspective.
Short memory.
Robbie Gray.

Esava was gopd but I've seen him play well at Geelong as a forward on occasion and he could never go on with it, I think it's better as a tactic to throw him forward here and there not suddenly think he's a starting forward.
He never really play as a pure forward for Geelong . Most of the times , he was carrying ruck duties plus here and there in forward lines . During those times , Geeglong also had gun forward line of Tom , Cameron and Rohan so he was always in comparision with them . He brings contested ball skill in forward line which is always been a problem for us .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. The Hot Toddy fans ignoring the fact that Dixon took Weitering which enabled Ratugolea and Georgiades to kick 5 between them. Actually, shouldn't Dixon's mere presence have meant Ratugolea and Georgiades shouldn't have got a kick, as happens with Hot Toddy?

4th qtr
Holds back 3 Carlton defenders for Ratugolea to float in for an uncontested mark.
Keeps the ball alive for the DBJ soccer goal

Massive team effort. Just another sugar hit of a H&A game before we capitulate in finals, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Couldn't possibly list everyone who contributed.

Wines and Drew are machines. Bergman awesome. I love Esava now?

Big shoutout to Boaky, who this week broke the record for most AFL games by a PA player.

Big thumbs down to the mummified remains of Charlie Dixon whose output was worth less than one cent. Guess he took Weitering if that counts as something? Otherwise offers nothing and severely hinders our forward structure.

4th qtr
Holds back 3 Carlton defenders for Ratugolea to float in for an uncontested mark.

Excellent pickup on the Ratugolea mark. Monster effort that created a goal but doesn't register a single stat.

catholic anal pain vs ultimate success

This is the deal the elite private schools offer you

God blesss John Howard

He made private schools way more accessible

And I knew people who topped out

4th qtr
Actually you are filth
If I was observing officer I would send you down

You are clearly a traitor
A dual agent
During wartime you would be declared a traitor

Close call for me

Then you wod be subjected to a public execution

Thought Aliir was good in the last when he finally got his shit together and had a chopout from his fellow defenders. Stopped a few runs from the blues attributed by 5 marks in the last. Playing on the comps best tall forward for the past 3 years is no easy task and got 3 kicked on him in the first quarter and a half but kept him under wraps and was still able to read the play and rebound. A lot bigger game than what he had on paper

Anyone in footy at that level will tell you one five day break isn’t an issue, it’s the occasions when you’ve had repeat 5/6 days breaks for a few weeks particularly against an opponent who has had more 7 day breaks.

And yeah McKay, SDK and to some extent Acres are big outs but we managed to replace Finlayson, Marshall, Soldo and SPP and still get it done

catholic anal pain vs ultimate success

This is the deal the elite private schools offer you

God blesss John Howard

He made private schools way more accessible

And I knew people who topped out

Actually you are filth
If I was observing officer I would send you down

You are clearly a traitor
A dual agent
During wartime you would be declared a traitor

Close call for me

Then you wod be subjected to a public execution
Well bloody said. Stick me the Judas Cradle

The-Judas-Cradle.jpg

And yeah McKay, SDK and to some extent Acres are big outs but we managed to replace Finlayson, Marshall, Soldo and SPP and still get it done

Finlayson and Marshall are arguably not even in our best 23. Soldo probably is but the gap isn't huge. SPP is the only big out.

McKay would be our best key forward by a mile, De Koning would be our best ruck by a mile and Acres makes our starting team.

Their outs were far bigger than our outs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port v Carlton, What do you mean we won?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back