Review Port v Carlton, What do you mean we won?

Remove this Banner Ad

My takeaways from last nights game.

Good performance in the end, but a H&A win none the less, great to knock Carlton and their swagger of automatic Grand finalists down a peg, but I'm keeping my powder dry, we've been here before.

BZT and Aliir defended very well, throw in Bergman and that's our best mix, was impressed.

Rat up forward I'm in lets go, showed some great craft and physicality, as we all know is very athletically gifted, just needs to find his spot and keep it. Also a good mix with Georgy and Rioli, other parts still need tinkering.

We have the talent, last night proved as much, its not the players, it never has been, its the coach. "Ken doesnt have the cattle" should be put to bed.

If Wines can find his best form again, and a couple of our big three get some real confidence back we could genuinely make a run.

Rozee has been very disappointing, soft efforts, looks a bit lost. I'd be sitting him forward for a few weeks and telling him to just be natural, find the goals, bring some confidence back.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My takeaways from last nights game.

Good performance in the end, but a H&A win none the less, great to knock Carlton and their swagger of automatic Grand finalists down a peg, but I'm keeping my powder dry, we've been here before.

BZT and Aliir defended very well, throw in Bergman and that's our best mix, was impressed.

Rat up forward I'm in lets go, showed some great craft and physicality, as we all know is very athletically gifted, just needs to find his spot and keep it. Also a good mix with Georgy and Rioli, other parts still need tinkering.

We have the talent, last night proved as much, its not the players, it never has been, its the coach. "Ken doesnt have the cattle" should be put to bed.

If Wines can find his best form again, and a couple of our big three get some real confidence back we could genuinely make a run.

Rozee has been very disappointing, soft efforts, looks a bit lost. I'd be sitting him forward for a few weeks and telling him to just be natural, find the goals, bring some confidence back.

Gee their ruck being injured will hurt them big time.

Rat might become the new Dixon next year. Tough unlike Marshall too. Dixon and Rat up forward for the next rest of the year will cause headaches.

Gee their ruck being injured will hurt them big time.

Rat might become the new Dixon next year. Tough unlike Marshall too. Dixon and Rat up forward for the next rest of the year will cause headaches.

Really like what Rat provided, and a pretty good set shot to boot.

Albeit only 1 game, but there looks something there for sure.

Finlayson and Marshall are arguably not even in our best 23. Soldo probably is but the gap isn't huge. SPP is the only big out.

McKay would be our best key forward by a mile, De Koning would be our best ruck by a mile and Acres makes our starting team.

Their outs were far bigger than our outs.
Add Williams & Docherty to the list as well.

They were 31 points up playing in the comfort of their home deck. They had everything in their favour.
That was also their 3rd week in melbourne. And it was not even a full day extra break than them, but they were saying we had a 7 day break. Plus we had to fly. But you know these poor Melbourne based teams travelling a massive 15 minutes each weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

long way to go, but he looks great developing well

they had 5 good players out. had a 5 day break. ran too hard 1st half. and rotated their spud players left good players on the ground too long. might get smashed vs Collingwood next week

can't fault our comeback
We had a 5.5 day break and had to travel. We were too good.

Great win by the boys last night.
Boak was great and was all around it, felt like he was just wherever the ball went, also chopped out well in the middle when butters went on a wing.
Brilliant second half from Aliir and a massive last quarter
BTZ was strong again
Butters did well to break the tag by moving onto the wing 10 disposal third quarter
JHF brilliant second half basically won us the game
Rat was a much better player up forward than down back
Rioli was a massive in for us and looked dangerous for most of the night
Georgiades kept us in the game in that second half
Wines was solid all round
Drew was great in his 100th

I’d like to see the Esava up forward experiment continue next week. Last night might have been a flash in the pan but let’s see.

And obviously if he’s playing up forward he’s not playing in defence where we’ve seen a lot of howlers on his part. I think he’s less likely to stuff up playing up forward.

Been said but the back 6 look a lot more solid. BZT needs to cut out some of his brain fart moments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port v Carlton, What do you mean we won?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back