Review Port v Carlton, What do you mean we won?

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a great team effort last night. Even whipping boys Dixon and Frankie did team first efforts... although Frankie do not dribble ever again.

Horne-Francis with another superb second half with the game on the line. This guy just comes up big so often when we need him to. He's a born winner the likes of which we haven't had since Tredrea.

Also, the 5 day break thing is complete garbage. As if it makes any difference playing on Saturday night v Sunday afternoon. The absence of McKay, Acres and De Koning was much more telling from their perspective.
5 day break thing is so fking dumb why is it even being mentioned?

We’ve come off 5 day breaks before and the commentators never even talk about it.

If you’re a flag contender you need to win off a 5 day break.

If you can’t win at home particularly with the umpires gifting your curly haired ****wit goals then you have far bigger issues.

Oh and great call about the horny Hornet 🐝 😍

Good to see us really go to work in that second half. I think we’ve been on the juice - there was one chest mark from Esava where the ball all but burst and even Farrell was looking physically imposing. Just need to slip some of the good stuff to our captain

I heard Voss say we had a five day break and players out but we don’t use that an excuse.

It’s a typical play for coaches who lose. If you’re serious about not using injuries and a short break as an excuse don’t mention them at all

Also Ratugolea looks like he has a LOT more forward-craft than he does in defense..

Think it's worth persisting with him up there.
On Fox the Hawke gave an insight to how he & the Rat trained together in the forward line at Geelong saying 'too many forwards at Geelong and not enough big bodies in defence' was why the Rat was moved down back.
His point was, the Rat was a good forward but was moved for team balance.

When we chased him to be a defender the other year, Zek-Thatcher was not a consideration; whereas this year we achieved a suppless for big body defenders.

Sav was super happy positive good
Infact his aerial contested work was superb

It was a chuck chuck In the bin monent

Dixon is gone

Rat was 2 x times Dixon
Dixon had to play on arguably the best defender in the entire comp, Rat played on their 3rd best defender, as Mitch had McGovern. Yes Dixon played shit, big don’t forget that fact.

Needs to played forward instead of Charlie. He’s done.

Can take a clunk and has some speed to lead.
iNeeds to played forward instead of Charlie. He’s done.

Can take a clunk and has some speed to lead.
If Charlie didn't play the Rat would have been on their best defender.

It looked like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. Maybe the freedom of not paying a big price if he loses the contest.

Not the worst kick for goal either. Keep him forward and if he continues to play like that then Marshall and Lord can compete for the 3rd tall spot.
And note he did a Curnow and went down back in the last few minutes of the game.

Good to see us really go to work in that second half. I think we’ve been on the juice - there was one chest mark from Esava where the ball all but burst and even Farrell was looking physically imposing. Just need to slip some of the good stuff to our captain
The captain needs to stop fumbling at the first sign of pressure. His first two involvements in the third quarter were more fumbles. He needs to be stronger in mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe someone can chuck up the stats of sav playing forward “not working” at geelong. I have a feeling some of the games he was competing for the same ball as generational forward tom hawkins.

5 day break thing is so fking dumb why is it even being mentioned?

We’ve come off 5 day breaks before and the commentators never even talk about it.

If you’re a flag contender you need to win off a 5 day break.

If you can’t win at home particularly with the umpires gifting your curly haired ****wit goals then you have far bigger issues.

Oh and great call about the horny Hornet 🐝 😍
Don’t the baggers have Andrew Russell on their staff & he’s touted to be the best fitness conditioner in the AFL. Surely he had a plan in place to cover that 5 day lay over, whilst our conditioning guy had 5.5 days to get Port ready for the Friday night clash.
It’s just Vossy trying to find an excuse for the baggers faithful to believe in. It’s also just a hint of desperation being shown by Voss. Perhaps the knives are soon to be taken out of their scabbards down at Princes Park?

The flags are considered part of the post, so it isn't crossed till iit is past them. Maybe that rule could be changed, but it has always been the rule.
Yes. You are correct. The problem was that the flag was loose, flapping at the back and not properly tucked away. If it was properly folded and properly positioned, then the ball would not touch it.

Maybe someone can chuck up the stats of sav playing forward “not working” at geelong. I have a feeling some of the games he was competing for the same ball as generational forward tom hawkins.
Hawkins was on Fox last night where he said the Rat was a good forward at Geelong but was moved to defence as the Cast had a plethora of forwards but some retirements forced the Rat to play down back for team balance.

Esava isn’t a natural forward but I’d pick him ahead of Dixon every day of the week
Cool, see how he goes against the first choice key back.

Dixon was not good but he kept Weiterman busy. Whilst he still has the pull and aura to attract the best back and keep them busy he's got worth.

Even the Freo game where he didn't keep Alex Pearce busy and was well beaten, he still helped to win the game with a couple of goals.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

It was a great team effort last night. Even whipping boys Dixon and Frankie did team first efforts... although Frankie do not dribble ever again.
I quit liked Frankie near the boundary line working in the phone box; first one way and then the other way, fakes to kick it backwards before he calmly centred the ball to facilatate Rioli's goal.

This will sound negative but being at the game I think this was much more about Carlton than about us.

After half time Carlton were completely out on their legs. half their side had hands on their hips and were chilling it around with 2 quarters to go. It was as obvious as anything Port were going to steam roll over the top.

Unfortunately many will think it was just a reflection of us being really good rather than that being more about Carlton.

Totally disagree with this, if it wasn’t for our poor shots on goal and disposal we would have been in front at half time we continually won the ground ball and contested ball all game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port v Carlton, What do you mean we won?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back