Review Port v Carlton, What do you mean we won?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool, see how he goes against the first choice key back.

Dixon was not good but he kept Weiterman busy. Whilst he still has the pull and aura to attract the best back and keep them busy he's got worth.

Even the Freo game where he didn't keep Alex Pearce busy and was well beaten, he still helped to win the game with a couple of goals.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Charlie’s been a good player but his best is behind him. Today he’s one dimensional - contesting marks in the forward 50 and even up the ground (part of Hinkley’s strategy).

A strength of the old Charlie was his agility and speed but that’s gone now. He looks slow and opposition teams will look to exploit that. Carlton did last night.

The younger Charlie was a good player but today’s Charlie looks like a shadow of his former self

Charlie’s been a good player but his best is behind him. Today he’s one dimensional - contesting marks in the forward 50 and even up the ground (part of Hinkley’s strategy).

A strength of the old Charlie was his agility and speed but that’s gone now. He looks slow and opposition teams will look to exploit that. Carlton did last night.

The younger Charlie was a good player but today’s Charlie looks like a shadow of his former self

You could almost say he's past his prime....

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The question becomes - is Charlie better than the alternative? What does last night's forward line look like with either Lord or Marshall instead of Dixon?

I can see the argument for Lord. Can't see the argument for Marshall. The mix last night was the best we've had all season. All of our key forwards worked hard and competed relentlessly. I think it's fair to say that isn't the case when Marshall and/or Finlayson are there.

The question becomes - is Charlie better than the alternative? What does last night's forward line look like with either Lord or Marshall instead of Dixon?

I can see the argument for Lord. Can't see the argument for Marshall. The mix last night was the best we've had all season. All of our key forwards worked hard and competed relentlessly. I think it's fair to say that isn't the case when Marshall and/or Finlayson are there.
You play Rat in the Dixon spot or do the right thing and come up with a better attacking strategy.

I was hoping to see Lord step up this season. He’s shown glimpses of promise but has long quiet patches. Still I think there’s a player in the making there. I haven’t given up on Todd yet. He’s not a power forward. We need a system that plays more to his strengths. I think Finlayson has some ability but his attitude is awful. Hard to fix that.

Where does that leave us. I hope Lord can quickly find better form playing for the Magpies.

Ratogolea has his flaws but I would rather see him playing than Dixon. Hopefully in the next couple weeks we see Marshall come back in once he is 100% right for the finals and Dixon finally retire.

Ratogolea has his flaws but I would rather see him playing than Dixon. Hopefully in the next couple weeks we see Marshall come back in once he is 100% right for the finals and Dixon finally retire.

Ratugolea was made to look ok in patches.

Playing him forward without Dixon as a decoy isn't going to end well.

Surprised that Aliir has been seldom mentioned in this thread. He's had a ripper last few weeks and his second half last night was impeccable. Playing like a true elite CHB again.

Surprised that Aliir has been seldom mentioned in this thread. He's had a ripper last few weeks and his second half last night was impeccable. Playing like a true elite CHB again.

That’s cause we know he’s a gun.

If Dixon doesn’t play for whatever reason, then Rat plays the Dixon role, only better, purely for agility & speed. Hell take the best defender. Then you’ll have either Lord, Marshall & Georgie to have a feast.

If Dixon doesn’t play for whatever reason, then Rat plays the Dixon role, only better, purely for agility & speed. Hell take the best defender. Then you’ll have either Lord, Marshall & Georgie to have a feast.

I'd rather play Dixon in that role and have Rat in a secondary forward role instead of Marshall. At least you know Rat can take a contested mark and will be favoured physically against the 2nd biggest KPD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather play Dixon in that role and have Rat in a secondary forward role instead of Marshall. At least you know Rat can take a contested mark and will be favoured physically against the 2nd biggest KPD.

It’s more in the event Dixon doesn’t play, let’s say next year.

It’s more in the event Dixon doesn’t play, let’s say next year.

Next year is a long way away. Hard to know what type of forward set up they should have without knowing who the coach will be.

Ratugolea certainly has the frame to handle the biggest KPD though.

Dixon is obviously washed, but if he doesn't play tonight Weitering either gets to play loose and has 15 intercepts, or plays on Rat and crushes him.

At least in the second half I thought Dixon brought the ball to ground most of the time.
Yep, Dixon made sure if he couldn’t mark it Weitering wasn’t going to either.

Just watching the replay now. We didn't play that badly.
Some dumb luck going both ways gave them their goal run.

Also...

Carlton cheer squad have heads of Voss, Mackay, Curnow, and Cripps.
Port cheer squad have a single head of Hinkley.

We really are the Keninly Foodbowl Cwub.

Negative cycle we're in. It's hard to look at the positives when you know ultimately it's going into the annihilator before we get to harvest.

Realistically we should be pumped hoping for a top 4 finish on the back of winning 3 of our last 4. Melbourne and Adelaide should be a lock and hold on to one more.

Season is fairly even and a injury or suspension either way could decide it.

Yet here we are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port v Carlton, What do you mean we won?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back