Game Day Port v Fremantle 2014 First Semi-Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I said to somebody at half time that this game could be a repeat of the 1998 grand final, when North kicked 2:11 in the second quarter, but left the door ajar, and Adelaide kicked the door down in the second half. If Hawthorn doesn't kick straight next week, we'll do the same thing to them!!!!!!

Credit to Freo and their fans. They were banged up and have lost in the worst possible fashion having led by plenty and having had enough chances to win. They are very gracious in defeat. I just wish they had taken out Geelong instead of North.

10678681_789535741069706_6065990059618237951_n.jpg

I'll admit it. I doubted our ability to come back. The midfield was being smashed, from ruck on down. We looked structureless. We were rushed. And then, and then...everything changed. I don't know exactly how but it did.

There have been posters on here who have doubted Kern as a match-day coach. I wonder if they still think that?
I thought the last 5 minutes of the second quarter showed Freeo were tiring and we were opening the game up.

I wasn't expecting what happened but it gave me some hope.

When we started playing our football and forgot about locking them down it was a beautiful thing. Couldn't be happier. Also...Ollie don't care. Don't ask him about the rules 'cause he don't know 'em and he don't care. Fire up boys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said to somebody at half time that this game could be a repeat of the 1998 grand final, when North kicked 2:11 in the second quarter, but left the door ajar, and Adelaide kicked the door down in the second half. If Hawthorn doesn't kick straight next week, we'll do the same thing to them!!!!!!
I texted Macca the same thing.

I thought the last 5 minutes of the second quarter showed Freeo were tiring and we were opening the game up.

I wasn't expecting what happened but it gave me some hope.

In hindsight I can see that. I just thought we had let them get too far away. All those games in the 2005-2012 period have scarred me. It'll take a couple of seasons before that scarring fades completely.

What I deserved? Am I some dog? What are you even saying? What are you supporting by saying these things? You guys before half time were flaming your own mob so hard. And...you won the game. I said Freo were flirting with disaster. I was right. I seriously do not understand the hostility. Incredulous.

PS go back to either page 32, 33, 34 of this thread. That is where I posted my comment. That is what I am referring to. Feel free to put up any of your posts around the same time.
Don't understand why any one can hate freo?
We have done nothing in our history to hate
It's like hating gws or Gold Coast why they are irrelevant like freo
Similar to a lot if VFL clubs since it became a genuine australian league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back