Game Day Port v Fremantle 2014 First Semi-Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I deserved? Am I some dog? What are you even saying? What are you supporting by saying these things? You guys before half time were flaming your own mob so hard. And...you won the game. I said Freo were flirting with disaster. I was right. I seriously do not understand the hostility. Incredulous.

PS go back to either page 32, 33, 34 of this thread. That is where I posted my comment. That is what I am referring to. Feel free to put up any of your posts around the same time.
Don't understand why any one can hate freo?
We have done nothing in our history to hate
It's like hating gws or Gold Coast why they are irrelevant like freo
Similar to a lot if VFL clubs since it became a genuine australian league

Matt Loobe was huge for us tonight... as was Ollie Wines especially after half time. Seemed like every player did his bit when required in the second half....

Lobbe was pantsed in the ruck, as is to be expected against Sandilands. He tackled well (as he always does) but didn't get much of the ball. He battled well, but I wouldn't go ahead and say he was huge.

In hindsight I can see that. I just thought we had let them get too far away. All those games in the 2005-2012 period have scarred me. It'll take a couple of seasons before that scarring fades completely.
You guys should be right up there in last 4 teams for next few years
Good club I like its style
Once your bodies get bigger they will be intimidating

How much was this like our final against Geelong last year but with us on the winning side!

In fact, it was just like the final against Collingwood.

Away final, smashing into each other, knife edge at 3/4 time. Port getting the run on.

Next week is the Geelong final.

This time, there will be no mistakes.

Can't wait! Let's go for a Grand Final - and then....................

I was calling for Mzungu to be picked up all first half as he was flogging us big time.

Glad Kenny came on here and read my post and manned him up in the second half, helped win us the game, amongst other things.

To be fair, it was voted on by fans.

Having said that it seems the commentators only realized how good he is tonight.

But only a C-grader according to David Parkin...

Unbelievable isn't it.

You guys are very fortunate with your current position with your stable of young stars. Enjoy it while it lasts, as we all know it is fleeting. Although in your clubs case you may well be up there for a few years yet. Play some of the best footy in the league. Anyway good luck for the rest of September, I'm sure you'll have more than your fair share of neutrals in your corner. Congrats again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys should be right up there in last 4 teams for next few years
Good club I like its style
Once your bodies get bigger they will be intimidating

While I'm not a huge fan of the style of play Lyons has put in place, I can't deny it's done wonders for your team. I'm sure we'll see you up and about again next year.

Can't wait to go back and read all of this thread...

_DSC2336%20Final%20%201.jpg

Fret aucj fuvjer!!!

I'm still so hyped up and suspect little sleep will be had tonight - anyone got a valium - lol - hopefully our Maggies will beat South Adelaide in the SANFL Prelim Final tomorrow at AO and our weekend will be complete.

Wines a huge game, BOG for me. Robbie a superb 3rd quarter and trailing him by a gnat's. Wingard and Hartlett also played out of their skins.

But the turnaround was in those who weren't seen in the first half. Boak 4 touches to half time finished with 16. Cornes 6, 16. Neade 1, 17. O'Shea 5, 15.
Some did not improve all that much on the number of stats but there was a clear efficiency increase in the second half. A lot of kicks were just wild ones out of defence or even from the midfield where there was no target, and these were easily picked off by Spurr, Mzungu, Ibbotson, Duffield, Mayne and Sutcliffe. In the second half these players saw very little easy ball and Mzungu's dropping of a simple mark could be put down to the pressure he expected himself to be under.

The lateness of this post was caused by my rushing off to the Port club as soon as we won. Stupid of me not to go to WA. After all, I'll just waste the $900 some other way. Got to get my priorities right. I'll be at the prelim with the cheersquad next week.

Lobbe was pantsed in the ruck, as is to be expected against Sandilands. He tackled well (as he always does) but didn't get much of the ball. He battled well, but I wouldn't go ahead and say he was huge.

Agree..I felt he was a little disappointing. Sandilands not only smashed him in ruck contests (to be expected) but provided much more around the ground.
What a warrior he has been this year though...

oh boy is a weird girl gonna get lucky tonight

If you watched the game in Dog House on that road named after me as I suggested, by now you will be surrounded by them.

If you didn't ... same applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back