Autopsy Port versus an actual football team

Remove this Banner Ad

If 2-3 players don’t show up on the night then OK, some have off nights. It happens.

But for the entire team to come out with no desperation or desire? That’s on the coach. If an apparently “relationship” not tactical coach can’t rev up a team for prelim, what can he do?

We’ve now regressed and it can’t be swept under the rug

Is it though? I dislike Hinkley as much as the next man but I doubt his pregame rev up was to play like a pack of incompetent Div 9 C graders

No premiership for Boak and Gray breaks my heart. They deserved so much better than this football club.

Come support me in my thread where I'm getting buried it's the only positive reinforcement I'll get all night

If 2-3 players don’t show up on the night then OK, some have off nights. It happens.

But for the entire team to come out with no desperation or desire? That’s on the coach. If an apparently “relationship” not tactical coach can’t rev up a team for prelim, what can he do?

We’ve now regressed and it can’t be swept under the rug
The players didn't try is a boring meme. What you are seeing is players who are unprepared for the gameplan/tactics enployed by the opposition and unsure of what to do.

In all honesty your end of h/a ladder position was false economy. One win against fellow top eight sides was it?

Being fully exposed like this will be better for Port in the long run. Force necessary changes starting with the coach.

Well moron, nobody was saying that 24 hours ago.

Teams build momentum going into finals. Port had won 8 in a row - that's not nothing.

How much money did you have on the Bulldogs tonight? Zero, that's how much because you're a hindsight hero. I hope the Bulldogs flog your mob whenever the GF is being played.

Beat Dogs, Swans, Bombers and Giants. Beat cats in the qualifying final. So 4 wins against top 8 + a final.

We sucked tonight but we had a solid season. Also piss off and let us wallow in our misery.

Pretty sure Bombers and GWS weren’t in the eight at the time.

But anyway I’ll take your cue and leave. Better luck next year. Onward and upward.

Great year guys! Tough loss!

For all the talent always felt your team lacked:
1. A pure key shutdown defender: McKenzie Is okay but did you guys feel Clurey would have fared better on Naughton?
2. Mid depth after Wines and Boak. Love Amon on the wing but Drew and Butters compared to dogs 3rd and 4th Mids is a big difference. Butters will be great but is still so young.
3. pure match winners who stand up when the heats on. Robbie Gray was always this player but just gotten older.
4. Hinkley. Still have no idea why he couldn’t make it work with Wingard who I genuinely love as a player. While he’ll never reach those initial heights when motivated Wingard is a pure Match winner. Still feel if he was motivated in this current port team, you would be in a GF this year or last. Hinkley should have tried to make it work in my opinion.
Either way tough loss hope to see you back here next year which I feel you wil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Bombers and GWS weren’t in the eight at the time.

But anyway I’ll take your cue and leave. Better luck next year. Onward and upward.

Lol imagine getting being such a rabble that Melbourne supporters come in here and tell us how football works. Looking forward to the similar posts by Saints supporters next year

The players didn't try is a boring meme. What you are seeing is players who are unprepared for the gameplan/tactics enployed by the opposition and unsure of what to do.

It’s not.
They weren’t remotely hard enough at the contest in the first quarter.

effort is entirely on the players.

who the **** needs a coach to fire them up for a home prelim?

What an absolute shambles.

I can’t recall a worse half of footy.

I will never be seduced by this club again. Absolute bunch of pretenders, blokes didn’t chase they didn’t tackle they didn’t pressure. They were a ****ing disgrace.

what a mentally soft group this is,

another final, another big game we haven’t turned up to in the first 15 mins.

big changes are needed, big calls must be made, this must bring change

Lol imagine getting being such a rabble that Melbourne supporters come in here and tell us how football works. Looking forward to the similar posts by Saints supporters next year

I can beat that: we had Freo fans offering us constructive criticism on our board 😂

What an absolute shambles.

I can’t recall a worse half of footy.

I will never be seduced by this club again. Absolute bunch of pretenders, blokes didn’t chase they didn’t tackle they didn’t pressure. They were a ******* disgrace.

what a mentally soft group this is,

another final, another big game we haven’t turned up to in the first 15 mins.

big changes are needed, big calls must be made, this must bring change
We can have all the changes you want mate, but the fish rots from the head (coach) - and that ain't changing

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Port versus an actual football team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back