Autopsy Port versus an actual football team

Remove this Banner Ad

Just think, thats probably the last game Russell Ebert watches of Port Adelaide.

Well done guys. Well done.

To save you all the hassle, Hinkleys presser summary: “I don’t have the answers”
He's been in the job for 9 years - if he doesn't have the answers by now, maybe it's time to step aside for a more competent coach.

From our vantage point in 532, a virtual birds eye view, it was clear that in the first quarter we were unprepared for the intensity of a finals game.

Players jogging with no intent, confused attack on the ball, not knowing who was going for what, no system, no structure, no idea.

Teams that make a prelim don’t just have 18 players all have a down game at once. It’s coaching. Pure and simple. The strategy going in to the game would have been thrown out in 3 mins but there was nothing to replace it. No counter plan to curb the Dogs manic attack on the ball. Unsurprising though, we’ve seen it before. Nothing is ever done to rectify it. Nothing will until Hinkley is gone.

Bulldogs players, with a ten goal lead in the third quarter, got a goal overturned by remonstrating with the umpires claiming the ball was touched. If it was or not doesn’t really matter but I started to think back about our players and how I cannot think of a time that our players have ever done that. Belligerently pushing for an advantage. We just don’t do it.

We seem to be hemmed in by a ‘righteous code’ that emanates from our head coach who is unwilling to make any comments about umpires or fixtures or scheduling or anything else that might be working against us. He is a company man and toes the company line. The company though is not the PAFC, its the AFL.

Trade Dixon.
Delist Motlop.
Sack Ken.

That’s for starters.

Unless this Christian Youth Camp is dismantled, our club is going nowhere.

We deserve all the crap coming our way, truely pathetic performance. Again our aged players (Boak et all) didn't rock up. Feel sorry for those younger like Bonner, Bergman, Burton and Rozzee who actually tried.
I welcome the crap and ridicule.

The more the better.

I won't be offended by any of it and I won't be defending us against any of it. It's true.

We need to go through the furnace and make yhr necessary changes to come out better

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
That hurt big time. And just to rub a lot more salt into the wound. The thought that Hinkley's contracted to the end of 2023. Knowing this club he'll see out his contract. I just don't want to think about that.

Are you suggesting you would have easily beaten us in the prelim?😜
Not at all - I was simply pointing out that it's a bit rich for the Dogs coach to be complaining about umpires, after the armchair ride they got last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will be Koch's take.

Best performance - All Ken
Worst Performance - All players.

This is virtually every Facebook happy clapper, except there's a little more detail....

Best Performance - All Ken, where are are the Ken haters now?
Worst Performance - It's the player's fault. Ken can't kick the goals for them. You're not a true fan.

From our vantage point in 532, a virtual birds eye view, it was clear that in the first quarter we were unprepared for the intensity of a finals game.

Players jogging with no intent, confused attack on the ball, not knowing who was going for what, no system, no structure, no idea.

Teams that make a prelim don’t just have 18 players all have a down game at once. It’s coaching. Pure and simple. The strategy going in to the game would have been thrown out in 3 mins but there was nothing to replace it. No counter plan to curb the Dogs manic attack on the ball. Unsurprising though, we’ve seen it before. Nothing is ever done to rectify it. Nothing will until Hinkley is gone.

Bulldogs players, with a ten goal lead in the third quarter, got a goal overturned by remonstrating with the umpires claiming the ball was touched. If it was or not doesn’t really matter but I started to think back about our players and how I cannot think of a time that our players have ever done that. Belligerently pushing for an advantage. We just don’t do it.

We seem to be hemmed in by a ‘righteous code’ that emanates from our head coach who is unwilling to make any comments about umpires or fixtures or scheduling or anything else that might be working against us. He is a company man and toes the company line. The company though is not the PAFC, its the AFL.

Trade Dixon.
Delist Motlop.
Sack Ken.

That’s for starters.

Unless this Christian Youth Camp is dismantled, our club is going nowhere.
Well said, that's it in a nut shell.

1. Who takes responsibility - I want to see someone put their hand up.

2. Hinkley post match - he was asked 3 times what happened at the start - 3 times he deflected saying it was too early to answer that - if you can't answer that AFTER the game how the hell are you going to make effective changes DURING the game - don't you have strategies in place to counter these situations? Do you just say that with the 6-6-6 rule its all too hard? Not good enough.

Last edited:
On the question of how we can possibly come out so flat under the circumstances, I don't think the fortnight break after the Qualifying Final does us any favours. It's just an extra week for players to lose touch while having smoke blown up their ass about how they're the "real deal" this time around.

On the question of how we can possibly come out so flat under the circumstances, I don't think the fortnight break after the Qualifying Final does us any favours. It's just an extra week for players to lose touch while having smoke blown up their ass about how they're the "real deal" this time around.

The off filed dramas for WB, should have motivated us to grind them from the very start of the game.
I just thought we were mentally weak...

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Port versus an actual football team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back