Review Port vs 31 free kicks to 19

Remove this Banner Ad

We lost that on poor goal kicking. I say it most weeks. But really we don’t have enough skill to do the stuff that wins you games.

We seem to rely on manic SPP style buzz to kick goals.

Just kick the dumb stuff.

I guess the umpiring makes sense when you think about it. The one-sided approach to tonight impacts both ours and Adelaide's push for finals, and promotes Geelong's. Three birds with one stone.

Wasn't four umpires on the field supposed to stop the howlers?

It's like the Collingwood game.

This team doesn't produce character/adversity wins that premiership teams have.

We just don't have enough winners at the club.
Yeah, if only we could have held on against Melbourne, Essendon, Bulldogs and Sydney, who knows how this season might have looked for us. Alas.

EGA9sdu.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason Horne-Francis is umpired differently to every player on the field and I’m starting to think it’s a deliberate effort from the umpires because it seems as though the umpires are far too strict when he could be in the wrong and far too lenient when he’s being infringed upon. I get the sense that since it’s reducing his output on the field it could really damage his confidence when he already has eyes all over him from being a #1 pick and the trade in the off-season. It’s just abysmal to watch for how talented of a player he is.

The free kick and 50 was laughable. JHF is ridden into the ground every week and more often than not called holding the ball, otherwise ball up.

Shouldn't have given away the 50 but you would have to have the patience of a saint to say nothing every week.

Rozee amazing, unlucky with the umpiring.

Williams worked into the game well after a shaky start. Good to see because the last few weeks were poor

Its amazing how bad Boak is compared to every other teams older players, given the amount of preparation he does off-field.

Burgoyne getting close to never again territory. Those high kicks to the small forwards. Duursma at least runs hard

JHF should have punched a hole through the back of Stewarts head when they paid the free kick against.

I can’t believe how we are tumbling down the ladder (by the end of tomorrow) as we continue to accumulate losses. Letting our premiership chances slip atm.
I can lol

The free kick and 50 was laughable. JHF is ridden into the ground every week and more often than not called holding the ball, otherwise ball up.

Shouldn't have given away the 50 but you would have to have the patience of a saint to say nothing every week.

should have just knocked the umpires head off and worn the 50 game suspension

I can't blame the umps entirely, the hills have eyes and every road out of Geelong would be monitored.

Dante has surprised me, I though he was a terrible selection before the Showdown but he's offered more tonight than what Lycett has in half his games this year.

If only we'd be so brave with picking a someone like Pasini and seeing what he's got at this level.

I'm sure Pasini goes better than Jonas tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port vs 31 free kicks to 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back