Review Port vs Brisbane QF @ The Gabba - It's OK Guys, Finals are a Bit Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

If you take such an issue with him saying this why don't you go and search these things out yourself?

Oppenheimer theme.
Oppenheimer press conference.
Finals are scary.
Selecting players that are underdone.
Selecting players that are injured.
Selecting players that aren't AFL standard.
Injuries.
Gameplan.
Player motivation.
Not sacking Hinkley.

Maybe I haven’t stressed this enough but the reason why I’ve taken issue with king is his hot takes on port don’t come from a place of care or concern. He isn’t sincere at all when it comes to us. It’s like he’s been death riding us all year.

When tredrea is critical I listen because he cares, and it’s genuine.

King is Rowe tier in wanting us to fail so he can get ****ed.

Honestly, didn’t realise there was such a fuss over that Oppenheimer comment. If that is what king is referring to that is flipping ridiculous, as if that had any bearing on the result. Didn’t even seem that bad to me.

Finals are scary? Yeah I must’ve missed that one.

Injured/underdone players:

Lycett went okay I thought, didn’t appear to be underdone, he played 2 weeks of sanfl prior to last night. That’s just his level.

Marshall’s issues appeared mental seemed okay from a physical point of view, but who knows. Maybe you’ve got some more inside knowledge on that one?

McKenzie was simply a dice that had to be rolled. The key defence cupboard is completely bare. Unfortunately he rolled his ankle too, but prior to that he seemed to be moving okay.

I’m not sure what else we could’ve done from a selection point of view. I don’t think that’s where the game was lost.

Injuries during games? That definitely hurt us. But that’s just footy isn’t it?

Everything else doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the suggested “horror week” we had leading up to the game.

And I don’t think king would have any inside knowledge on what our preparation consisted of for this game.

Brisbane definitely outplayed and out coached us on the day though. Not sure any of us can definitely say that was due to our preparation though, Brisbane are clearly a very good team at the Gabba and we played poorly and got taught a lesson.

We could not say the Oppenheimer stuff, we could replace mcentee with Fantasia, we could not play lycett, Marshall, or McKenzie and play…??? And the result would still be the ****ing same.

Notice we’re not playing the same style we were during our 13 game win streak, You know kicking the ball into the middle? We’ve reverted back to Ken’s status quo of playing the ball along the boundary, Ken knows what he’s doing when it comes to grifting Port Adelaide

mmmm... in light of Ken's extension has Josh said * ya. I'll do the midfield and only the midfield. Swim on your own Bucko.

Just a thought bubble with nothing to back it up. God I hate Hinkley

mmmm... in light of Ken's extension has Josh said * ya. I'll do the midfield and only the midfield. Swim on your own Bucko.

I wouldn’t be surprised! even more so if Ken wasn’t even paying attention to what Josh Carr was doing during our winning streak period lol

Maybe I haven’t stressed this enough but the reason why I’ve taken issue with king is his hot takes on port don’t come from a place of care or concern. He isn’t sincere at all when it comes to us. It’s like he’s been death riding us all year.

When tredrea is critical I listen because he cares, and it’s genuine.

King is Rowe tier in wanting us to fail so he can get ****ed.

Honestly, didn’t realise there was such a fuss over that Oppenheimer comment. If that is what king is referring to that is *ing ridiculous, as if that had any bearing on the result. Didn’t even seem that bad to me.

Finals are scary? Yeah I must’ve missed that one.

Injured/underdone players:

Lycett went okay I thought, didn’t appear to be underdone, he played 2 weeks of sanfl prior to last night. That’s just his level.

Marshall’s issues appeared mental seemed okay from a physical point of view, but who knows. Maybe you’ve got some more inside knowledge on that one?

McKenzie was simply a dice that had to be rolled. The key defence cupboard is completely bare. Unfortunately he rolled his ankle too, but prior to that he seemed to be moving okay.

I’m not sure what else we could’ve done from a selection point of view. I don’t think that’s where the game was lost.

Injuries during games? That definitely hurt us. But that’s just footy isn’t it?

Everything else doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the suggested “horror week” we had leading up to the game.

And I don’t think king would have any inside knowledge on what our preparation consisted of for this game.

Brisbane definitely outplayed and out coached us on the day though. Not sure any of us can definitely say that was due to our preparation though, Brisbane are clearly a very good team at the Gabba and we played poorly and got taught a lesson.

We could not say the Oppenheimer stuff, we could replace mcentee with Fantasia, we could not play lycett, Marshall, or McKenzie and play…??? And the result would still be the ******* same.
No one is going to read that.

The team played poorly. They had 2 weeks to prepare. The preparation was horrible.

If you are taking issue with the word horror, I don't think he is trying to insinuate the playing group were molested by ghouls and the coaches haunted by the ghost of Angus Monfries (RIP).

King is a paid analyst. The game had all the hallmarks of Hinkley failure. He may be partial to criticising us for a multitude of reasons. Even if so it doesn't make him wrong.

Criticising Hinkley and the Port football program in general is doing us a favour. I would prefer King doing this maliciously than have Kane Korner and the Nerdling constantly verbally fellating us as they simp for the bald ape that coaches us.

No one is going to read that.

The team played poorly. They had 2 weeks to prepare. The preparation was horrible.

If you are taking issue with the word horror, I don't think he is trying to insinuate the playing group were molested by ghouls and the coaches haunted by the ghost of Angus Monfries (RIP).

King is a paid analyst. The game had all the hallmarks of Hinkley failure. He may be partial to criticising us for a multitude of reasons. Even if so it doesn't make him wrong.

Criticising Hinkley and the Port football program in general is doing us a favour. I would prefer King doing this maliciously than have Kane Korner and the Nerdling constantly verbally fellating us as they simp for the bald ape that coaches us.

I don’t give a shit if no one reads that, I was replying to you, seems like you just want to be a smart arse though so I’ll let it go.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And thats when you have to credit Brisbanes half forwards. R1 Burton and Byrne Jones (before he became a forward) came off the back flanks and did what they want amassing 24 and 27 possessions between them in that game

Noticed Fletcher and Cameron come off the arc a few times to impact centre bounces which worked and those who didnt pressure stuck tight to their opponents which is a reason farrell and houston weren’t able to free wheel and deal like they used to.

Quite funny Brisbane had the same amount of time +/- a day or so since their last round and they took time into planning to get under butters’ skin, get daniher to research and study aliirs patterns one on one and construct forward entries to create space, dominate midfield stoppages for our so called generational midfield
Great analysis, thats exactly what killed us yesterday. Fletcher and Cameron. Whever was supposed to be on Fletcher completely lost him every time he went through traffic. Think it was Farrell.

Last edited:
Thought also the explosive power that guys like Rayner and Bailey provide in that front half, is such a class above what we have to offer. Apart from SPP we dont have that in our front, Mcentee and DBJ are battlers but dont have the elite class of a gf bound side.

Yea but this is the thing Expat McCluggage was injured too
Brisbane were contemplating subbing him in quarter 2 didn’t stop him owning the game

Lions would also have <insert x number of players playing under duress> why are we the only ones who use it as a defence all the time

Kenny™️ even tried it on in the presser “they kept going down” it’s putrid
McCluggage was brilliant. Todd can't kick at the moment because of his hip. Theyre too different situations. I get your point that McCluggage was injured but Todd's there to kick goals and he can't.

McCluggage was brilliant. Todd can't kick at the moment because of his hip. Theyre too different situations. I get your point that McCluggage was injured but Todd's there to kick goals and he can't.

So Marshall shouldn’t be playing.

I really thought we’d go further this year. We are probably going out in straight sets.

GWS are a well oiled machine.

And yet 2 years later he’s a plodder that should be playing sanfl
Two years later he's playing in a different position having had no preseason after having surgery that was far more involved that it was originally thought. Plodder? Maybe. Playing in the SANFL, do you watch the SANFL games - Ollie should be playing where he plays best maybe there's no longer a spot for him? He's 29 before the season begins and he wanted to move back to Melbourne when he's done with footy - maybe there's a tough choice to be made.

Maybe, just maybe, if "Kenny" hadn't ridden the injured players into the ground, Lycett, Dixon, Marshall, McKenzie, Wines (there'd be more), in the pursuit of a contract extension, we wouldn't be in this position. He is the most selfish, dishonest, fraudulent employee ever to set foot in Alberton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe, just maybe, if "Kenny" hadn't ridden the injured players into the ground, Lycett, Dixon, Marshall, McKenzie, Wines (there'd be more), in the pursuit of a contract extension, we wouldn't be in this position. He is the most selfish, dishonest, fraudulent employee ever to set foot in Alberton.
Add to that managing players with injury more wisely probably has more games under the belt of Hayes, a look at Pasini etc. and perhaps a bit more confidence in throwing them into a final.

Jack would have stuck this statement all over tge change rooms and used this for the rest of the finals as their theme and shoved it right up kings clacker.. but not this piss weak group they will roll over.

Been publicly shamed let’s see the response we get..
“I don’t know boys, I haven’t seen the note”

Two years later he's playing in a different position having had no preseason after having surgery that was far more involved that it was originally thought. Plodder? Maybe. Playing in the SANFL, do you watch the SANFL games - Ollie should be playing where he plays best maybe there's no longer a spot for him? He's 29 before the season begins and he wanted to move back to Melbourne when he's done with footy - maybe there's a tough choice to be made.
For someone who lives overseas, you sure know a lot of personal stuff about players

I have always thought one of the major roles of a coach was to instil confidence in his players, not give them the get out clause of `Finals are a Bit Scary!'

Just further proof if ever it was required that kern is completely out of his depth, it would be impossible to imagine Fos Williams or Jack Cahill even contemplating coming up with sh*t like that.

A really poor effort in the end. Hard task, but we were more than capable on paper but missed chances (yet again), killed us.
Nothing kills the spirit and endeavour like a shot from 20 metres out in front going sideways.
Then the third Q was just crap. Many down, and at least Finlayson, who hasn't looked interested in over a month, and Duursma need to go.

All isn't lost, but will need to do it the hard way. Expect to beat GWS soundly, but Collingwood at the G will either be a brilliant triumph, or a replay of the 03 Prelim, which was damn hard to sit through.
69% disp eff, 5 turn overs, multiple dumb acts and shirking the contest in the second qtr is enough for me to drop Duursma. Simply he cant handle the pressure. Might be nice a fluffy during the minor round but when it counts, he crumbles. Seeya!!

I don’t think it’s out of line to say Jeremy Finlayson has been a disgrace to the jumper the last couple of months. He’s not just out of form, he shows utter contempt for the jumper every second that he’s out there.
Unfortunately that's the way it looks. No idea what has happened but it's sad & frustrating to watch.

More like, look mate, I know I did the 'collaborative' stuff etc when I was up for a contract, but now I'm secure go **** yourself as I'm in charge!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port vs Brisbane QF @ The Gabba - It's OK Guys, Finals are a Bit Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back