Port vs NM - Game thread and banging on and all that

Remove this Banner Ad

I busted the remote when that ball was taken off Wells. ####ing bullshit decision. Get ####ed. Ross looks comfortable, Hansen started well. Simmo having a shocker.

We need to forge Gav's signature on a 10 year contract. #### he is a good footballer.

Can't see it yet. Likes a few of his contests but expecting more from a top five pick.

Especially when you consider that a few of the other keys taken in his draft - like Gumbleton, Leuenberger, Thorpe and Reid - are are ripping it up at the moment.

I busted the remote when that ball was taken off Wells. ####ing bullshit decision. Get ####ed. Ross looks comfortable, Hansen started well. Simmo having a shocker.

We need to forge Gav's signature on a 10 year contract. #### he is a good footballer.

Agree. We have a gem in Gavin

Matty Campbell has been suprisingly off the boil. Usually he gobbles up those opportunities

I know he's a much maligned player, but Shannon Watt deserves a pat on the back. He's played very well- as has the majority of our team. This is a real opportunity for us. If we win (and seeing that Brisbane are looking shaky ATM) we could easily be just 2pts from 5th position, with an 8pt match against the Pies.

COME ON ROOS!!!!!!

If he wasn't the number 3 draft pick you would probably see more. Huge expectations affect reasonable analysis.

Fair call, but I do expect more. Maybe that is unreasonable. He hasn't been bad tonight - just I expect more.

I repeat - umps are plain firggin cheats.

Reasonable first half.

Highlights:
Ben Ross - what a game.
Wellsys game - please be selfish - pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.
Goldstein a few nice things.
Urquhart - nice touches.

Lowlights:
Simmos disposal cost us goals.
Thommo can't hold marks - he needs a rest.
Wellsys free for running too far - shocking decision.
Hales lack of touch.
:cool:
Ross - great but needs to keep the intensity
Wells - ominous
Goldstein - could be a sleeper, some nice tap work
Urquart - class but needs to work into the game more
Simmo - dare I say it.... looks out of it but never underestimate the skip
Thommo - out of form but presenting
Hale - looks to be having a crack, just needs it to come his way a bit more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:cool:
Ross - great but needs to keep the intensity
Wells - ominous
Goldstein - could be a sleeper, some nice tap work
Urquart - class but needs to work into the game more
Simmo - dare I say it.... looks out of it but never underestimate the skip
Thommo - out of form but presenting
Hale - looks to be having a crack, just needs it to come his way a bit more

Simmo's going ok, but you're right about Wells, I reckon he's gone past Judd.

I busted the remote when that ball was taken off Wells. ####ing bullshit decision. Get ####ed.

Yeah I reckon the idiot in the commentary box had it sussed - even if the maggot had concerns about the distance, that's one of those Ablett mark of the century decisions... you let it go just for the aesthetic.

Can't see it yet. Likes a few of his contests but expecting more from a top five pick.

Forget about the pick, don't even worry about the pick, just know that he is basically going to be the cornerstone of our defence for the next 10 years.

Dunno if anybody else saw it but he cracked the shits bigtime for letting Westoff have too much space and have an uncontested mark inside 50.

I've seen some good signs so far.

The young blokes are playing well (ie not relying on Simmo)

Ross, Wells, Mcmahon, Campbell (even though he is missing).

Ben Ross will play 200 games for North Melbourne. We have the heir apparent to Boomer. HE FECKING LOVES PLAYING IN THE MIDDLE.

Oh and the umpires... :thumbsdown:

back at 3qtr time.

Fair call, but I do expect more. Maybe that is unreasonable. He hasn't been bad tonight - just I expect more.

Very hard not to. But if you compare his defensive efforts with Hughes or Obst or S. Thompson, he is clearly a class above.

quick question for roos supporters

what is hale and goldstein in the side for when thompson and petrie do most of the ruck

Show me a picture of Goldstein and I see Gary Dempsey, Hale's going ok, but Thommo needs to lift.

Forget about the pick, don't even worry about the pick, just know that he is basically going to be the cornerstone of our defence for the next 10 years.

Dunno if anybody else saw it but he cracked the shits bigtime for letting Westoff have too much space and have an uncontested mark inside 50.

I've seen some good signs so far.

The young blokes are playing well (ie not relying on Simmo)

Ross, Wells, Mcmahon, Campbell (even though he is missing).

Ben Ross will play 200 games for North Melbourne. We have the heir apparent to Boomer. HE FECKING LOVES PLAYING IN THE MIDDLE.

Oh and the umpires... :thumbsdown:

back at 3qtr time.

I was not sold on Ross until tonight . Without getting carried away , he has been sensational .

Remove this Banner Ad

Port vs NM - Game thread and banging on and all that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back