Preview Ports vs. Richmond Tiggers

Remove this Banner Ad

The Richmond Tom Lynch? The one who has kicked 7 goals in the last 2 weeks, when Richmond were comfortably beaten. Paddy isn't and never will be a consistent key forward. He's fine as a resting forward, but has never shown the ability to be a consistent Key Fwd.

I doubt we smash them, the margin will be a couple of goals either way. We are not a ruthless side. When is the last time we crushed a side?

Lynch is fine for the first 15 minutes and then he is stuffed. He's going to take time time to get match fit. I wan't us to be ruthless. Don't want to hear how tough Richmond are. They are there for the taking. Let's start smashing sides when they are down.

Lynch is fine for the first 15 minutes and then he is stuffed. He's going to take time time to get match fit. I wan't us to be ruthless. Don't want to hear how tough Richmond are. They are there for the taking. Let's start smashing sides when they are down.

Yes, I want the team to be ruthless, but all evidence suggests we are not. I'll make a prediction - we come out sleepy, go down by 3 or 4 goals early. Fight our way back into the game, dominate everywhere apart from the scoreboard. Last 1/4 there is a goal or 2 in it either way, and we either grind out an ugly win, or suffer a narrow loss.

When was the last Hinkley coached side that was ruthless?

Yes, I want the team to be ruthless, but all evidence suggests we are not. I'll make a prediction - we come out sleepy, go down by 3 or 4 goals early. Fight our way back into the game, dominate everywhere apart from the scoreboard. Last 1/4 there is a goal or 2 in it either way, and we either grind out an ugly win, or suffer a narrow loss.

Against your mate Clarkson's Hawks in 2017?

1554716792161.png

View attachment 650765

**** i hope we do that to Hawthorn this year, in a final would be sweet

Although after Wingard said he went their because he was sick of missing out on finals "was hard on him" (take the easy way out and not drag us there like Boak did 13/14 when he could have left) id love them to miss out of Chad watch us play finals. Beating them in a final would be pretty sweet.

Not to sound bitter about him leaving or anything. I loved him and part of me would like to see him do well but part would like him watch us do a hell of a lot better.

**** i hope we do that to Hawthorn this year, in a final would be sweet

Although after Wingard said he went their because he was sick of missing out on finals "was hard on him" (take the easy way out and not drag us there like Boak did 13/14 when he could have left) id love them to miss out of Chad watch us play finals. Beating them in a final would be pretty sweet.

Not to sound bitter about him leaving or anything. I loved him and part of me would like to see him do well but part would like him watch us do a hell of a lot better.

Did that little campaigner really say that? Sounds like Troy Chaplin.

The most glorious thing would be to smash Hawthorn by so much that they miss out on finals by percentage, so Wingard knows that it was us who kept him out. Then go on to win the flag, so he knows that he was the problem all along.

The most glorious thing would be to smash Hawthorn by so much that they miss out on finals by percentage, so Wingard knows that it was us who kept him out. Then go on to win the flag, so he knows that he was the problem all along.

Yea

"I think I got a little bit too comfortable at Port Adelaide. It was the same routine and not making finals became tough on me, because I want to play in those games.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-08/it-doesnt-matter-about-stats-chad-on-his-instant-impact

Absolutely NO excuses this Saturday.

Here’s a doomsday prediction if things don’t go right for us:

Dusty’s suspension is overturned, f**Ken refuses to have someone tag him, then returns to his 2017 form & picks up 50 disposals including 5 goals. Lynch absolutely dominates Howard & kicks 10 straight (including the winner after the siren in the same spot as mcgovern) as the tiggers win 15.3 (93) to 12.20 (92) after we lead 11.10 to 7.3 at 3 quarter time. If that happens then plenty of our fans will definitely be calling for Koch & Ken to p*** off

Jeremy Cameron had played in 6 games against Richmond with Rance and he only managed 11 goals in that. Last Saturday without Rance, Cameron managed 7 goals.

Their defence is right for the picking this week so who's going to take advantage and exploit that? Could be a good game for Marshall...
No key defenders you say? Cue Ken bringing in another small or three.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless we get 10 injuries - then if we don't beat Richmond with no Rance, Riewoldt, Cotchin and Martin, we might as well give 2019 away. First time since 2009 all 4 missing as Martin drafted 2009, and first time since Rd's 19-22 all other three not playing as Cotchin didn't play those 4 games.

Pretty much especially playing at home. Perfect opportunity to sink the boot into a side that should have taken a finals spot.

Lose against Richmond this week and we might as well throw the club room keys to the kids.

That being said Dimma must be itching for it. Everything to gain, nothing to lose.

If they can pitch a couple of wins in the next few rounds, confidence will go through the roof as the ins come back.

Lose they have excuses and a small window to chase down the season or put the cue in the rack and start getting the rehab started early.

Morning, sorry for the intrusion. I'm currently writing the preview to the Port v Richmond game on the Richmond board and, as I haven't seen a Port game this year, I'm finding it very hard to put together a likely Port Adelaide team. If one of you could send me or post a possible Port Adelaide team for the weekend, it would be gratefully appreciated. Cheers.

Hi Ken

Janus he’s right we don’t consistently make finals ....... it’s not like he’s making shit up

Sadly for him though he won’t be playing finals this year with Hawfs fumes and old farts

Janus he’s right we don’t consistently make finals ....... it’s not like he’s making shit up

Sadly for him though he won’t be playing finals this year with Hawfs fumes and old farts

My problem with it was he was one of the biggest culprits as to why we didn’t make finals - and definitely the biggest culprit as to why we didn’t win against West Coast.

If he had pulled his finger out and applied himself here, things would have been different. Do people really think the club was like “Yeah, that’s fine Chad, you can play at 7kg over your ideal weight?”

I hate that he’s setup this narrative that we held him back just because we wanted him to do the things that Clarkson is going to ask him to do. And that the media is going to buy in to his little sob story.

My problem with it was he was one of the biggest culprits as to why we didn’t make finals - and definitely the biggest culprit as to why we didn’t win against West Coast.

If he had pulled his finger out and applied himself here, things would have been different. Do people really think the club was like “Yeah, that’s fine Chad, you can play at 7kg over your ideal weight?”

I hate that he’s setup this narrative that we held him back just because we wanted him to do the things that Clarkson is going to ask him to do. And that the media is going to buy in to his little sob story.
See to me that makes him arrogant, entitled and maybe a bit bitter because he’s had take a stab but fundamentally he’s not wrong

Re his attitude and conditioning its not ok and he’s paid a price and had to leave his family and friends behind to continue his career

But I could mount the same argument against Ken, we would expect the club would say to Ken “you’ve got a year to go and haven’t been consistently making finals despite having resources players etc so let’s see where next year takes us before hitting the golden 3 year pararchute option” “let’s see how committed you are to Port”

But it didn’t they mashed it as fast as they could and now he’s got an ivory backscratcher and we’ve got Sam Gray at FF

Why one set of rules for Ken and another for Wingard ?

Interstate team travelling across without 4 of their best players? Feels like the script has already been written for this game.

Port out to a 20 point lead early in the 2nd, miss a few chances to really lock the game away, couple of easy over the back goals to the Tigers just before half time, tight 3rd quarter, either Byrne Jones or Bonner with a 'don't come Monday type mistake' gifting the Tigers a goal on the 3 qtr time siren getting them within single digits. low scoring last quarter with a couple of 50/50 umpiring calls going against Port and a Tigers backs to the wall win away from home.

Post match press conference headline from Ken "they just wanted it for longer and harder than us, full credit to Richmond, our boys have to learn that nothing in this game is easy and each win is to be earned"

I wasn't always a glass half empty type of supporter but any confidence in this group has been eroded by the post 2014 performances......

For me, this is all about goal kicking, and our ability to take advantage of our chances when they present themselves - precisely what we DIDN'T do against Brisbane. Bad kicking is bad footy - no more 2:7 quarters please!!!

I'm also looking forward to seeing how Rozee plays, given the weight of expectation on his shoulders after deservedly winning the Rising Star nomination this week. The sky is the limit with this kid, and I'll be interested to see how he backs up after his break out game against the Lions.

We are short and really bad at this "goal-scoring business." So far, it seems that we are back to 2017.

Morning, sorry for the intrusion. I'm currently writing the preview to the Port v Richmond game on the Richmond board and, as I haven't seen a Port game this year, I'm finding it very hard to put together a likely Port Adelaide team. If one of you could send me or post a possible Port Adelaide team for the weekend, it would be gratefully appreciated. Cheers.
Easy! Pick our squad list. Order it by height. The 20 shortest players will be our line-up, along with our 2 ruckmen.
Let me help you with a picture of the Port forward line:

In Brazil, their names are: Coy, Happy, Doonga ("Dunga"), Nap, Master, Angry, and Ah Chee ("Atchim").

----

View attachment 650765
Come on! It has happened THIS SEASON: https://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2019/1/melb-v-port

In R1, the Demons scored a goal in the 8th minute of Q3. It was their third after HT. At that point, we were trailing by 9 (7.8:50 - 9.5:59).

From that point onward, we went 5.7:37 to TWO, with their both behinds happening before 3QT. Melbourne didn't score at all in the last quarter (2.6:18 - 0.0:0).

Last edited:

It appears that the club did not action a consequence on Wingard for all of the 'toxicity' he is alleged to have been pouring out for what is reported to be happening for a continuous three years. This is where I find it difficult to feel that the club and Ken are purely in the right.

They have actioned discipline on isolated incidents with other players. DBJ was given a dropping for one late arrival to a meeting but we've heard nothing else about DBJ being a prior issue. Nathan Krakouer had been correctly disciplined for an incident that lead to his injured ankle early in his final season but there was another player with him at the time that crossed the line yet was given only a warning. Impey's dangerous car crash earned him a consequence yet his passenger fro memory received no consequence. There appears to be a mixed bag of issuing consequences.

We are short and really bad at this "goal-scoring business." So far, it seems that we are back to 2017.

Easy! Pick our squad list. Order it by height. The 20 shortest players will be our line-up, along with our 2 ruckmen.

In Brazil, their names are: Coy, Happy, Doonga ("Dunga"), Nap, Master, Angry, and Ah Chee ("Atchim").

----

Come on! It has happened THIS SEASON: https://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2019/1/melb-v-port

In R1, the Demons scored a goal in the 8th minute of Q3. It was their third after HT. At that point, we were trailing by 9 (7.8:50 - 9.5:59).

From that point onward, we went 5.7:37 to TWO, with their both behinds happening before 3QT. Melbourne didn't score at all in the last quarter (2.6:18 - 0.0:0).

That was not a ruthless, crushing victory. 10+ goal, or 100 point type victories are. We came out slow, gained control of the game and won by a few goals. Crushing victories are winning every quarter. Demoralising your opponent. Winning all 4 quarters and never looking like losing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Ports vs. Richmond Tiggers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back