Review Positives and Negatives vs Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives:
- Win against a team higher on the ladder
- Fyfe up forward and a contested possession beast as usual; team fine in the midfield anyway
- Direct attacking style through the middle - shift the point of attack in the backline until a seam opens up then attack, much less frustrating than old style. Bit naive, but similar to the style that made me a Dockers supporter from 1995
- Walters mucking up then picking himself up and making essential contributions in the closing moments... bravo!
- Watching game in the pub with mates (unplanned).

Negatives
- Injuries

Can we all please remember this over the next three weeks as we play WC, Collingwood and Geelong. We’re most definitely tracking in the right direction, so let’s not sh*t all over everything and everyone if we don’t do so well these next three rounds. 🙏🏽
And we’ll have Carlton, Melbourne, Sydney to come home with as well as middling teams like North and Hawks

And we’ll have Carlton, Melbourne, Sydney to come with as well as middling teams like North and Hawks
Yep. So we shouldn’t go losing our shit if we have a bad three weeks. We should have a decent run for the young boys to get a few wins and a whole heap of confidence in the second half of the season. As supporters we should be keeping an eye on the bigger picture. Well have no bigger task for the rest of the season than these next 3 weeks.

Can we all please remember this over the next three weeks as we play WC, Collingwood and Geelong. We’re most definitely tracking in the right direction, so let’s not sh*t all over everything and everyone if we don’t do so well these next three rounds. 🙏🏽

Too late. I'm already preparing my "Delist Schultz, Bewley, Colyer and Fyfe" thread for the next loss.

Why not? And before you say ‘accepting mediocrity’, I believe we need to temper expectations on a group that’s decimated by injury and has the highest number of players with 30 games of less taking their field each week. 😊

I’m hoping - and I think we might - pull one out of the hat and win one, but if not, this was never the year that we’d be contending, so l want to enjoy the wins and take pride in watching the young ones develop, and see the fighting spirit they’re developing.

Six day break, half the bench rotations down against a coming off a nine day break.

As happy as we are to win, I'd be livid if I were a Saints fan after that first quarter.
Yup. The Mrs is a sainter so I witnessed quite a bit of one way yelling at the TV heheheheheh.

On RMX2001 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just heard Brendon Goddard say long would be stiff to get 2 weeks... digest that for a second
If "stiff" means he is having a "happy" reaction to just getting two weeks, maybe Goddard is correct??

Seriously, was a dog act by Long, went past the ball, locked eyes on Darcy, cocked and extended the elbow, and then lowered his hips and initiated head high contact.
While the ball was well, well past him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im loving J-lo as coach. I think he has balls. No calamity here. Wonderful coaching blocking the corridor.

Thrilled with today

Yeah Lyon would have had Fyfe Walters Mundy at every centre bounce, and have everyone from Tabs down flooding into the back half
It's got to be absolutely thrilling to have been able to turn things around at quarter time like that, win AND keep Fyfe forward for structure!!!

Yeah Lyon would have had Fyfe Walters Mundy at every centre bounce, and have everyone from Tabs down flooding into the back half
It's got to be absolutely thrilling to have been able to turn things around at quarter time like that, win AND keep Fyfe forward for structure!!!
Absolutey. Seeing Serong in a crucial late centre bounce and mundy directing him. Even though we lost that particular clearance, it was super refreshing seeing the young guys have a crack. Big move forward today

I can't understand the hate for Shultz and subsequent love for Matera on the game day thread. Shultz has his faults, for sure but Matera? 28 and the main thing I've noticed from him this year was coming back from the off-season 10kg overweight. Then got gifted a Rnd 2 game. Shultz did more today than Brandon did in three rounds. If you're not going to play Shultz, I'd hope they blood some of the kids.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Positives and Negatives vs Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back