Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we will give up pick 9 either, I think we are trying to improve pick 13 by bundling, if we could somehow get a deal done and have picks 5 and 9 that would give us real options, talk that Francis may be available at 9, but it depends on who we are really chasing.....

Getting desperate for any info, even listening to Trade Radio! Please someone..... Do something!

If Francis was guaranteed to be there at 5, maybe, but yeah, I think I'm with you on this.
I think we can get Francis without upgrading from pick 9 providing he's willing to do a Wingard. With the new academy bidding system we could jump in front of GWS and essentially have pick 7. With the first 2 picks locked in, he would only have to get past 3/4 teams.

I reckon pick 9 is locked up, we have put it in our safe and won't touch it until draft night.

We will see if we can try turn pick 13 into a top 10 pick though and would give up 28 and 32 to get there and if Kerridge is looking to go, he may be involved.

So the question is, what does it take to turn 13 into a top 10 pick?
I fully expect 13 to turn into 7 or 8 as part of the Hampton trade with GWS. Surely given these picks are going for academy players, they would prefer to get some change on one of them.

As another poster said earlier, I think we'll be waiting for GWS to get their picks from treloar... Then maybe they'll trade one of them to us in a package from our end.

You are correct.

In: Gore, ROB, Kelly
Out: Danger, Martin, Siggins, Pods, Reilly (I remembered them this time!)

Also expecting Hampton in, so possibly 1 spot, with picks 9,13,28 and 32.

So we'll be cutting/trading out more players.

Yeah that was my thoughts. I expect Wright to be cut and us trading Kerridge. However I see us retaining CEY, Crouch & Grigg.

I thought Nobles comments yesterday were a bit of a smoke screen. Dare say we still have lots of dealing to be done this trade period still.

Dennis Armfield Unrestricted
Courtenay Dempsey Unrestricted
Brent Stanton Unrestricted
Tayte Pears Unrestricted
Matthew Pavlich Unrestricted
Dawson Simpson Unrestricted
Brendan Whitecross Unrestricted
Michael Firrito Unrestricted
Patrick McGinnity Unrestricted
Jarrad Grant Unrestricted
If Geelong somehow manage to get Smith, I wonder whether we would list Simpson as a backup, even rookie list.

I don't think you can deny that the balance of a squad - age and games played profile - is historically a specific makeup. Sure you can get anomalies, but on the whole, the premiers tend to have players that predominantly fall into specific brackets of age and games played. If your squad is not in these brackets, the likelihood of winning the flag is small. So whether it's a window or a profile is irrelevant really, because it is a fact.
And Adelaide's squad is nowhere near the profile of the "normal" premiership squad.

With Dangerfield, JPod and Reilly all gone, we're now down to just 8 players with 100+ games experience. Of those, most people here (including myself) think/hope that Mackay will be spending most of 2016 playing in the SANFL, reducing the total to 7. We only have 4 players within striking distance of joining the Century Club next year - Wright (94 games), Talia (98), Smith (97) and Henderson (81); Otten (79) could do it theoretically, but I wouldn't be betting on it.

For reference, the Hawthorn team which won the GF last weekend had 18 players with 100+ games. They were also the oldest AFL premiership team in history.

For reference, our SF team, which was very close to being our best 22, had an average age of 25yr 3mths and 102.2 games experience. The figures for the Preliminary Final teams are as follows:
West Coast: 25yr 11mth, 111.7 games
North Melbourne: 27yr 2mth, 147.4 games
Fremantle: 27yr 3mth, 135.3 games
Hawthorn: 27yr 8mth, 162.4 games

It's reasonably safe to say that a typical premiership contender team has an average age of around 27 years, and an average of approximately 140 games experience. Having that profile doesn't make you a premiership contender (you can have lots of older rubbish players), but you're unlikely to be a premiership contender if you don't fit that profile.

Adelaide does not come close to fitting that profile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't the deal with St Kilda be more along the lines of picks 9 and 13 for 5 and 24?

I would rather use the picks we've got TBH.

This is why I think a pick swap with GWS works better (with the assumption they will use the picks exchanged for academy players, meaning the debate on which combo you would prefer is irrelevant).

Id happily take 7, 9, 28 to the draft and not worry about pick 5 unless we can bring in another pick below 35 somehow for say kerridge (then package 9 and 28 to get 5)

Milera has WPW syndome, which can be a real issue (my cousin has it). He has had ablation done but errant pathways can continue to be a problem.

Many people forget that this is the same condition Nathan Eagleton had and he went on to play in 300+ games after a simple procedure.

"In the 12th minute of Port's Round 15 clash against Essendon at AAMI in 1999, the then 20-year-old Eagleton crashed to the turf on the members' wing as the ball was being bounced after a goal.

He hit the deck face-first, despite no opponent being near him. Ridiculously, a free-kick was awarded against him for falling inside the centre square. Trainers ran to his aid and stretchered him from the arena.

His heart was thumping at 280 beats a minute and within days he was diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson White syndrome.

Amazingly - after surgery to fix an irregular heartbeat that caused his dizziness and collapse - Eagleton was back playing within a month."

By my calc we only have 2 senior spots left but 4 draft picks.
We can have as many draft picks as we want/need. Don't forget that we also have picks 68, 86, 104, .....

That said, I think it's unlikely that Adelaide will making "live" selections beyond pick #33, with those later picks being used to upgrade ROB and Kelly.

I don't think we will give up pick 9 either, I think we are trying to improve pick 13 by bundling, if we could somehow get a deal done and have picks 5 and 9 that would give us real options, talk that Francis may be available at 9, but it depends on who we are really chasing.....

Getting desperate for any info, even listening to Trade Radio! Please someone..... Do something!
I can't see anyway we're going to get 5 without giving up 9. But if we can get Francis, I feel like it will be worth it. There's no way known he will be available at 9, I'd be surprised if he got past GC at 3, let alone the next 4 teams.

This swap with the Saints is odd unless they have very solid info GC and Essendon won't take Francis. Unless...it's actually about Milera, who's looking like this years Bontempelli and flying up the order. Maybe we're super keen and feel like we need 5 to get him.

Well thats not to exciting, none restricted?

Of the 11 RFA's at the start of the year, 1 retired, 7 re-committed, and 3 moved (Danger, Selwood, Leuey). Well, Leuey accepted Bombres offer - move still in limbo.

That makes 15 RFA's to move in 4 years (3/11, 1/8, 4/11, 6/19) - or 30%

We can have as many draft picks as we want/need. Don't forget that we also have picks 68, 86, 104, .....

That said, I think it's unlikely that Adelaide will making "live" selections beyond pick #33, with those later picks being used to upgrade ROB and Kelly.

Yeah my statement was with the assumption those later picks were used for rookie upgrade sorry

You are correct.

In: Gore, ROB, Kelly
Out: Danger, Martin, Siggins, Pods, Reilly (I remembered them this time!)

Also expecting Hampton in, so possibly 1 spot, with picks 9,13,28 and 32.

So we'll be cutting/trading out more players.
As we have been speculating all along. Following up their interest from last year.

Has to be related. Kerridge and 32 for Menzel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back