Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the general mood on the Carlton board?

suicide-watch-tshirt.jpg

Ok, so lets talk contract lengths for the new arrived..
Gore, Seedsman (i heard 3 years), Hampton and Menzel?
Gore has 2 years remaining so I'd assume we just took on that contract. Going on reports I think we gave Hampton and Menzel an additional 2 & 3 years respectively on their existing deals.

We all know Aish wants to go to Collingwood but Brisbane are making it really difficult. Could Noble swoop and trade 13 and steak knives to get Aish?? Menzel seemed to come after he said "Trades are Done" . Is Aish worth 13?
They've got 1 day to get a deal for Treloar and Aish. IMO Aish will likely stay in Brisbane but if we can sneak in.......

So.. the list mathematics is as follows
IN - Menzel, Seedsman, Hampton, Gore (4)
OUT - Reilly, JPod, Siggins, Martin, Dangerfield, Kerridge (6) + Wright = 7

We currently have picks 9, 13, 68, (86, 104, 122). We also have Kelly & O'Brien, who have been given multi-year contracts. The implicit assumption here is that both will be upgraded to the senior list. It would be a crying shame if we were to use #13 on a rookie upgrade..

So, what is the club's next move? Do they engineer a pick swap, of 9 & 13 for a higher pick? Do they delist/trade another player, allowing us to use both 1st round picks AND upgrade both rookies? Do they use both 1st round picks and only upgrade one of the rookies (presumably Kelly)?

My gut feel is that we'll either throw in a player (Mackay, Lyons, someone of that ilk) with pick 13 to get pick 11ish, OR we'll delist someone like Lowden and pay out his contract.

Or I guess maybe there's still another deal for a high quality player to come that sees us give up a pick and player, meaning we'll just have the one live pick remaining. This seems very unlikely to me though.

Thats really really funny
My dearest friend breed beau's my boy
I have his half sister and his mother tori silver has been at my place going to my stallion this year. I weaned him and yearling prep him.
His owner is also in a horse i have
You've given way too much information mate, I absolutely know who you are now, but I won't spoil it, let's just say you share the same surname as one of the very best jockeys going around...

If I may ask redhorse, why were you happy revealing Menzel's name early but are iffy about saying the big fish's name out loud?

Becuase I got told Menzel info could be leaked as it was a very good chance. The other one I got told to keep quiet, until I hear differently. Didn't want to burn any bridges with an old friend.

Becuase I got told Menzel info could be leaked as it was a very good chance. The other one I got told to keep quiet, until I hear differently. Didn't want to burn any bridges with an old friend.

Assume the discussions with their current club are taking place as we speak?

It's me your old friend I'm on Bigfooty now. Could you remind me what I told you again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we're done except maybe giving away pick 13 to a team for next year's first/second pick or something due to us having too many players, no team's gonna give us a higher position this draft for both picks. The alternative is dropping a player who is still in contract.

I heard this as well. That groin injury and bone chips came about after he tried to deadlift an ATM as he was stealing it. Crazy behaviour for a draftee, but crystal meth will do that to you. Especially when it was mixed with a skinful.

none of this is true either

So that is two people who have heard the same. Must be true. Probably should be tweeted to trade radio and a story run in the press.
I really hope he gets those issues under control in a good environment where he manages to stay close to his family.

Thats really really funny
My dearest friend breed beau's my boy
I have his half sister and his mother tori silver has been at my place going to my stallion this year. I weaned him and yearling prep him.
His owner is also in a horse i have
Classic I just grabbed some names from recent punts -had him in the trifecta last Saturday paid the princely sum of $46.65! Had to go back to work!

Whereas the Swinging Arms tri the week before paid for our Bali flights!

Don't burn those bridges. Once burnt they are rarely re-built. Keep it until told otherwise.

And then come on and tell us that Parker to Adelaide for Mackay, CEY & Pick 13 is a done deal.

Ok? Thanks.

Nah ....Parish was never on my radar ......Shane Crawford clone ....will be a very good player, but i am true to my argument on Neale in that we don't need that type of midfielder 180cm ....we need the marking power

Unfortunately with both Melbourne & Essendon holding dual picks in the top 10, that's going to hurt us ......each will take a different type of player

Francis is definitely now off the radar.

Still have my fingers crossed on Curnow
Was talking about Curnow as there is talk that Melbourne will go for him! ;)

Do we sit tight with 9 & 13 or do we look to move up or grab someone else? What's available at those spots this year, anything worthwhile? We got Lever at 14 last year so surely at least one of those picks could get us a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back